Support for game streaming across subnets/VLANs

Discus and support Support for game streaming across subnets/VLANs in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Until the March public update, you could game stream across subnets and routed networks if you knew the remote IP address and no firewalls or ACLs were... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/racingsnake91, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Support for game streaming across subnets/VLANs

Until the March public update, you could game stream across subnets and routed networks if you knew the remote IP address and no firewalls or ACLs were in the way to prevent the traffic. Now, the xbox app on windows 10 doesn't even connect to the console. This feels like it may have been a purposeful regression in advance of xCloud, but i'd really like to see support restored. There are many, many places where you can't have both devices on the same subnet.

I know this isn't directly insider related as the issue has now made it to public release, but i thought it's more likely someone here may know why this feature was removed/restriction added?

submitted by /u/racingsnake91
    [link] [comments]

/u/racingsnake91, Jun 20, 2019
  2. GMAN990 Win User

System link issues

Hi, what sort of switch is it? Is it a configurable switch is it possible the ports are in different VLAN's?
  3. Zero Jehuty Win User

Fortnite twitch game tchatting

Are you saying that game chat does not come across stream? That is by design because of privacy reasons.
  4. BRB Dams Win User

Fortnite twitch game tchatting

Are you saying that game chat does not come across stream? That is by design because of privacy reasons.
    But why on PlayStation they can listen voice game chat
  5. IRB Win User

Play Anywhere Streaming

Hi

Issues like that are usually caused by your local network traffic/connection.

As it streams across your local network, it can be traffic and network connection speed dependent.

Here are some tips to improve speeds:

https://support.xbox.com/en-GB/games/troubleshooting/improve-game-streaming-performance
  6. XBF Chris J Win User

cannot stream on my PC

Hello there,

Thank you for keeping us updated. Check out the troubleshooting listed on this link. There are troubleshooting steps for any issue you may come across while attempting to stream to windows :

Troubleshooting Xbox app game streaming on Windows 10

You may also want to try unregistering your Xbox from your account, then registering it again.
Thema:

Support for game streaming across subnets/VLANs

1. Support for game streaming across subnets/VLANs - Similar Threads - Support game streaming

2. Language change for games that support it in Xbox App?

in XBoX on Windows
    Language change for games that support it in Xbox App?: There is no way to change the language of a game without changing the whole system language and reinstalling the app right? I really hope you'll implement it... fef17476-72d0-4a8a-abb6-4edaac979535
  3. Microsoft rewards in South Africa and support for some older generation games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft rewards in South Africa and support for some older generation games: I always see events on This Week On Xbox for microsoft rewards but cannot participate because it it not available in my country. I have been waiting about 2 years now and am still wondering if...
  4. Support for xbox one s games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Support for xbox one s games: Как долго будут поддерживать новые игры на xbox one s ? как долго новые игры будут выпущены для него? [Translation-How long will new xbox one s games support? how long will new games be...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard on games that don't support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mouse and Keyboard on games that don't support: Okay but the simple thing is that it's so easy to see if someone using MnK this is a big issue seems like everyone is turning a blind eye to it . 4776c803-3a1f-429f-a5a1-1a96af21c5ee
  6. Xbox Game Pass for PC. No mod support? Official clarification please!

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass for PC. No mod support? Official clarification please!: Is this the official policy? I'm a little perplexed about Microsoft's commitment to PC gaming if they do not allow mods. As it stands, anything installed via the Windows 10 store is hidden behind...
  7. "This code is not currently supported for conversion to your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "This code is not currently supported for conversion to your Xbox Game Pass Ultimate...: I upgraded to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 all the way through September 2020. Awesome deal! Thank you! However, I just remembered I had two 3 month regular Gamepass codes that I needed to redeem....
  8. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: 802.1x Support/Workarounds for Xbox Streaming ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: 802.1x Support/Workarounds for Xbox Streaming ...: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: 802.1x Support/Workarounds for Xbox Streaming on Network Hello all, I have an Xbox console that is wired into the Cisco corporate wired network...
  9. Please add support to upload game clips recorded from the app while streaming from xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please add support to upload game clips recorded from the app while streaming from xbox.: Just what the title says. I'm not sure what has been said about this already or if there's an existing workaround in place. It would be really nice to be able to upload my clips recorded on the...
  10. Native support for streaming of XBOX ONE S games (4k and others) on youtube and other apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Native support for streaming of XBOX ONE S games (4k and others) on youtube and other apps: There should be a functionality to to live stream XBOX ONE S games and with Kinect we should be able to add video to it. This should be natively supported on XBOX ONE S like playstation support....