Support for game streaming across subnets/VLANs

Discus and support Support for game streaming across subnets/VLANs in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Until the March public update, you could game stream across subnets and routed networks if you knew the remote IP address and no firewalls or ACLs were... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/racingsnake91, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Support for game streaming across subnets/VLANs

Until the March public update, you could game stream across subnets and routed networks if you knew the remote IP address and no firewalls or ACLs were in the way to prevent the traffic. Now, the xbox app on windows 10 doesn't even connect to the console. This feels like it may have been a purposeful regression in advance of xCloud, but i'd really like to see support restored. There are many, many places where you can't have both devices on the same subnet.

I know this isn't directly insider related as the issue has now made it to public release, but i thought it's more likely someone here may know why this feature was removed/restriction added?

submitted by /u/racingsnake91
    [link] [comments]

/u/racingsnake91, Jun 20, 2019
  2. PalmettoBling Win User

xbox one and iphone app firewall ports

Thanks for the update That answers some questions, in that you're looking to connect the mobile app to the console.

Question now is what do you want? Do you want to isolate the Xbox as you have or do you want to be able to connect to it across VLANs?

I could try to find the ports for the app, but you seem to have identified that with port 5050. So either you keep the devices isolated and keep blocking traffic between, you move the phone to the same VLAN to allow the connection , or you had a higher priority
    rule to allow 5050 traffic between the default VLAN and VLAN 20.

Seems like your router is performing UPNP for the console, and VLAN 20 outbound, but testing your custom rules as a higher priority and blocking all traffic between a identified, nor treating UPNP as lateral translation.

So I know what you're trying to do, now, but I don't know what your question is.
  3. SSGrasshopper Win User

Thanks guys for the replys,

The simple design is that all my consoles sit in VLAN 20, where UPNP is enabled.

Then VLAN 20 has a deny rule to all other VLANS (all ports)

Then all other VLANS has a deny rule to VLAN 20 (all ports)

The reason behind this that UPNP is enabled so i dont trust these devices.

All is working fine gaming is perfect but i was just wanting to get the iPhone app to work, i can move my iphone via wireless into VLAN 20 and it works fine,

Move it out and monitor the logs, when the app starts all it does is talk 5050 to the xbox and thats it. then the app wont find the console.

So thats why i was asking if anyone has done this before, i know it overkill but for me not really :)
  4. GMAN990 Win User

System link issues

Hi, what sort of switch is it? Is it a configurable switch is it possible the ports are in different VLAN's?
  5. ArminatorX Win User

What exactly are you trying to get to work? Are you trying to use your iPhone as a controller for the Xbox (i.e. text entry or menu navigation)?

Could you also describe your network set up a bit and the need for VLANs? Depending on what you're trying to achieve with the Xbox App and/or the VLANs there might be a better way?
  6. darkist1 Win User

Getting my xbox to connect to the console companion app.

Hi Micah,

There's a couple of things you've already stated, but i'll just cover again for incase.

I suggest you have your PC and Xbox on the exact same network connection, with the same IP range and subnet range.

You need to enable game streaming on the console. under Settings > preferences > connectivity and enable game streaming.

Here's a quick walkthrough that might help : How to stream to xbox one
Thema:

Support for game streaming across subnets/VLANs

1. Support for game streaming across subnets/VLANs - Similar Threads - Support game streaming

2. Additions to r/XboxInsiders, including the Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) Support Hub

in XboX Insiders
    Additions to r/XboxInsiders, including the Xbox Game Streaming (Preview) Support Hub: Hello Xbox Insiders! Starting today, and over the next couple weeks, you’re going to see some additions and improvements that we’re making to the r/XboxInsiders subreddit. Today, we’re welcoming...
  3. Xbox Game Pass PC (and all Windows store PC games) needs support for other game controllers

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass PC (and all Windows store PC games) needs support for other game controllers: It's pretty much in the title. Game Pass games only work with Xbox One controllers but I would really like to sometimes use a PS4 controller or maybe 8Bitdo SNES controller (I don't know how third...
  4. Gaming is fun! Fun is freedom! Gaming is freedom. I support Freedom and I hope all Gamer's...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gaming is fun! Fun is freedom! Gaming is freedom. I support Freedom and I hope all Gamer's...: I was terribly disappointed reading that a pro Hearthstone Grandmaster gamer was recently censored with extreme prejudice for supporting a suppressed group of people protesting for their own...
  5. This is for every 360 games i try to play... and well the xbox support website doesnt have...

in XboX Insiders
    This is for every 360 games i try to play... and well the xbox support website doesnt have...: [IMG] submitted by /u/xStealthWafflex [link] [comments]
  6. Game literally does not work. ROCKSTAR tech support recommended refund. Was declined refund...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game literally does not work. ROCKSTAR tech support recommended refund. Was declined refund...: Ive tried to return a digital game that literally does not work. Was bought more than 14 days ago BUT DOES NOT WORK. Tried every possible fix from rockstar the developers of the game and nothing...
  7. Can't play win / xbox games | no support available for germany!

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't play win / xbox games | no support available for germany!: I can't login into my xbox account nor play games (FH / GoW) There is no support which I can contact directly (in germany) so I have to keep posting here! Time & date is correct I reinstalled...
  8. Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: 802.1x Support/Workarounds for Xbox Streaming ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: 802.1x Support/Workarounds for Xbox Streaming ...: Additional Network Ports for Multiplayer Gaming: 802.1x Support/Workarounds for Xbox Streaming on Network Hello all, I have an Xbox console that is wired into the Cisco corporate wired network...
  9. Please add support to upload game clips recorded from the app while streaming from xbox.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please add support to upload game clips recorded from the app while streaming from xbox.: Just what the title says. I'm not sure what has been said about this already or if there's an existing workaround in place. It would be really nice to be able to upload my clips recorded on the...
  10. Native support for streaming of XBOX ONE S games (4k and others) on youtube and other apps

in XBoX on Consoles
    Native support for streaming of XBOX ONE S games (4k and others) on youtube and other apps: There should be a functionality to to live stream XBOX ONE S games and with Kinect we should be able to add video to it. This should be natively supported on XBOX ONE S like playstation support....