Support request closed without resolving problem - Cant access microsoft account

Discus and support Support request closed without resolving problem - Cant access microsoft account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Several years ago I had an Xbox 360 and an Xbox Live profile with a bunch of digital games and some DLC. The Console red ringed and I've just been... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by charmingjerk, Dec 8, 2018.

1. charmingjerk
    charmingjerk Guest

Support request closed without resolving problem - Cant access microsoft account

Several years ago I had an Xbox 360 and an Xbox Live profile with a bunch of digital games and some DLC. The Console red ringed and I've just been leaving it defunct.

Recently got an Xbox One, and tried to get the account setup on it, but somehow it got tied to an email address that doesn't exist and I lost access to it.

I've tried the account retrieval form, but despite still having the physical console, same name on credit card used for all transactions, and the same phone number tied to the error code retrieval, I got denied access. Whats up with that?

I was able to talk to a support agent at one point, and they were able to confirm that my Xbox Live profile existed, and that it was tied to a typo rendition of my email. Apparently just changing it over is not an option. A support request number was generated,
    and I was told to wait 48 hours for a follow up. A follow up did not occur, and when I replied to the email, I was told that the support request was closed.

I cant seem to get in-touch with any human support techs anymore. How can I follow up with the support request?

:)

charmingjerk, Dec 8, 2018
  2. XBF Jeremy Z Win User

Hiya WhiteyBlack2,

Thank you for your post.

Actually, that Xbox support number is not active anymore. The best way to reach a Live Support agent would be through a call form:
    Request
    a Call

Please inform other users of this from now on.

Thank you.
  3. Whitey Black Win User

We Ambassadors do not have the tools or means to help in this matter as we are just volunteers.

For further assistance please contact support at 1 800 469 9269 or use https://support.microsoft.com/en-us
  4. steeledwand7664 Win User

I DO NOT want to know what they are but do YOU know what the email (even if its the wrong spelling or you no longer have access to it) and password are for the account?

THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU KNOW THE EMAIL AND PASSWORD FOR THE ACCOUNT.

If you do follow these steps.

Keep this in mind You will be locked out of the account for 30 days doing this but you should be able to get back into the account.

Log into the account at account.live.com/addassocid this will prompt to send a verification code to one of your security proofs. If you do not have access to it and as long as you know the email and password for the account it will allow you to change the
    security proof(s) on the account but there is a 30 day hold before that change takes affect once that change takes affect you will then be able to go back to that website and change the email address used to sign in with the account.

Also by changing the security proof it will allow you to anything that you need to do to your account.

Let me know if this helps or you have any other questions

AGAIN THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU KNOW THE CURRENT EMAIL AND PASSWORD FOR THE ACCOUNT.
  5. tjChief09 Win User

Gold Expired - Cannot Access my Account

hello, i reveived alittle good news in resolving the problem, go to the this link--->
    https://commerce.microsoft.com

you can access your account there, and request a call for microsoft support, they will call you and most likely resolve the problem (i'm still waiting on their call)
  6. UN Clan Control Win User

It looks like someone else....

Hi there.

Only methods stated in the account recovery are sufficient enough to re-gain access to the account for security reasons.

If you don't have the information requested, it will be extremely hard to regain access to the account. You can attempt to speak to Microsoft Support, but they may not authorise it without this information.

I am very sorry to hear that you're having this problem, and I hope it can be resolved.

Happy Gaming!

Xbox Community Ambassador

Enforcement United
Thema:

1. Support request closed without resolving problem - Cant access microsoft account - Similar Threads - Support request closed

2. Gift Card Issue Support Request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gift Card Issue Support Request: Good Afternoon, I bought an Xbox gift card but the code label was damaged & is now unreadable. I placed a service request but have not received any updates. Is there any way to check the status...
  3. Microsoft Support keeps ignoring me on Mistake purchase refund request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Support keeps ignoring me on Mistake purchase refund request: I bought XBox and Fortnite for my 8 years old son. Once I asked for help from support and then he recommended buying game-pass costs 1$. He sent me a link to add Credit Card info on my son's...
  4. Xbox Live Support Request - Ignored!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Xbox Live Support Request - Ignored!: Hello, I submitted a request for support regarding a refund request - Service Request Number [Mod Removed- Personal Information] - over a month ago stating that I would receive a response within...
  5. Minecraft on Nintendo Switch support request

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft on Nintendo Switch support request: Since the last update in March, the Switch Bedrock edition is freezing every time it is started on the Switch console. Tried deleting the game and reinstalling. Also, this was happening less often...
  6. Is there a way to speak to an agent via live chat because support ignored my simple request...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there a way to speak to an agent via live chat because support ignored my simple request...: I had some credit in my Microsoft account and thought I'd use it to buy an Xbox 360 game in the recent sale. I bought it via the web, then realised I'd made a mistake and you can't use the credit...
  7. Support request number

in XBoX Accessibility
    Support request number: Where can i find my support request number 5ff8137f-0587-427a-b1dc-6b50fa99649c
  8. attach screenshots to support request?

in XBoX on Consoles
    attach screenshots to support request?: Hi after a few support emails back n fourth with the Microsoft support team they have asked me to provide screen shots of the achievements to prove ive earned them for the Xbox One November 9-30...
  9. Requesting call back from Microsoft support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Requesting call back from Microsoft support: I ahve tried several times to contact microsoft, they call me straight back but i cant hear anyone at the other end? a14989df-08ef-4479-936a-7c87c1e183ad
  10. xbox preview support request self refund

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox preview support request self refund: Anyways i contacted xbox support and they said do this to contact xbox preview support and say this so here it goes im a xbox preview member i bought Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive...