Surface Pro X - Compatibility with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate

Discus and support Surface Pro X - Compatibility with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; When will a Surface Pro X owner be able to benefit from using Xbox Game Pass Ultimate? 88d2440d-fe29-4f1b-85ab-86bf177f67ea Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by langcj99, May 23, 2020.

1. langcj99
    langcj99 Guest

When will a Surface Pro X owner be able to benefit from using Xbox Game Pass Ultimate?

:)

langcj99, May 23, 2020
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hi,

Pretty much not going to happen. The Surface Pro X uses an ARM processor SOC (System on a chip). It's completely different hardware architecture to your typical PC which uses X64 hardware.

If that was too much of a technical explanation, the Pro X hardware is basically high end Tablet or phone hardware. The Pro X has more in common with an iPad than a PC. Yes it runs Windows 10 because Windows 10 now also runs on ARM, but games need an Intel
    or AMD based processor, which the Surface Pro X does not use.

Hope that helps explain things.
  3. skater77i Win User

Help running Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) on Surface Pro X

4. ArminatorX Win User

Some questions before purchase

I dived a little deeper into why I am interested in an X Box One S in the first place and perhaps I should first better explore how it is compared to gaming on my Surface Pro 2017 i5/8/256. Therefore I also created a topic on Surfaceforums.net specifically
    for that. Let me share that here as well:

Hi,

I have a Surface Pro 2017 i5/8/256 and I am looking for ways to start casual gaming.

[...]

Main advantage would be I keep my accomplishments and I can play strategy games using mouse and keyboard.

Main question is: how is gaming on an X Box One S compared to gaming on a Surface Pro 2017 i5/8/256?
    Thanks in advance for you responses!
    Well, I own a first Generation Surface Pro and a Xbox One and Xbox One X at home.

First of all, be aware that the Surface Pro "only" has the processor internal Intel Graphics, that are unsuitable for very "modern" games. However, you mention "casual" games and Assassins Creed, which is comparably old and from the Xbox 360 era (unless
    you mean the modern Assassins Creeds like Origin and the likes).

My old first generation Surface Pro is perfectly capable of playing casual games, and older 3D games like Portal 2 and various other "classic" Steam games.

It really depends on the graphical complexity of the game. While you can't expect to be able to run Forza Horizon 4 on your Surface Pro, 3D games from the Xbox 360 time era (i.e. up to about 2010-ish) should more or less work on your Surface. When it comes
    to casual games or Strategy games which are less graphics intensive your Surface should work as well. Your mileage may vary however, depending on how high you'll turn up the graphical settings.

As for the Xbox One S: The Xbox One has a custom SoC (System on a Chip) that combines graphics hardware and main CPU, similar to the Intel i5 processor of your Surface, with the difference, that it's an AMD processor, and a much more powerful graphics hardware
    comparable to a dedicated graphics card in a desktop PC or the Surface Book's power base.

Therefore the Xbox One S is still capable of running more modern games like the just released Forza Horizon 4 for example, while your Intel graphics chip in the Surface wouldn't. But you would be able to stream these games from the Xbox One to your Surface
    no problem, as the Xbox would do the heavy lifting of the 3D graphics, and then sending a compressed video stream to your Surface, where the Surface simply has to decompress a 2D Video stream instead of complex real time 3D graphics.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

game pass

Hello Davide,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. If this is your first time getting Ultimate game pass, you should have total of 9 months of ultimate. If it isn't it will pro rate the gold subscription to Ultimate which is around 2-3 months. You can view the

Ultimate game pass FAQ
    for more information.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. godson594 Win User

Xbox One & Miracast on Surface 2

I'm with you here. I was REALLY hoping to be able to project my Surface Pro 2 to the X box one.............
Thema:

1. Surface Pro X - Compatibility with Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Similar Threads - Surface Pro Compatibility

2. Xbox one and Surface Pro 4 will not stay connected to wifi at the same time.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one and Surface Pro 4 will not stay connected to wifi at the same time.: My surface pro 4 and my xbox one wont stay connected to my internet at the same time. Every time I connect with my surface it kicks my xbox off my internet and vice versa giving me an error...
  3. Xbox 360 controllers don't work on MS Surface Pro 3 or any PC I have

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox 360 controllers don't work on MS Surface Pro 3 or any PC I have: I purchased 4 new xbox 360 controllers to game on windows 10. I purchased the wireless accessory as well from MS. I've attempted the sync several times on several pc's (one a Surface Pro 3). I...
  4. On my Surface Pro i can not log in to my xbox account.

in XBoX on Windows
    On my Surface Pro i can not log in to my xbox account.: So ive got Minecraft installed and i can play that in single player just fine. However, when i try to sign in to my microsoft account to play multiplayer i get error code 80072f8f from Xbox live....
  5. Help running Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) on Surface Pro X

in XBoX on Windows
    Help running Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) on Surface Pro X: I was able to install the Xbox game pass for pc beta on my surface pro x, however when I run the program it says "Make sure you're connected" that it can not update windows. Windows is fully...
  6. Sudoku game start up freezes on Surface Pro

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sudoku game start up freezes on Surface Pro: My Microsoft Sudoku game no longer starts. Have reloaded Microsoft Solitaire collection and at the bottom chosen Microsoft Sudoku game and each time I start it I get initial Microsoft Sudoku...
  7. Promotional Activities of Winning a XBOX ONE X and a Surface Pro

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Promotional Activities of Winning a XBOX ONE X and a Surface Pro: I would like to ask whether the promotional activities of winning a XBOX ONE X and a Surface Pro, by using Microsoft Rewards points to participate, have been ended. According to the Microsoft...
  8. Why can't I download Minecraft from the Microsoft Store? (I use a Surface Pro)

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can't I download Minecraft from the Microsoft Store? (I use a Surface Pro): I own Minecraft on my Xbox Account, but when I want to install it on my Surface Pro from the Microsoft store it does not let me do it. It only lets me install it on my Xbox, on which I already...
  9. connect controller to surface pro

in XBoX on Mobile
    connect controller to surface pro: I'm unable to connect my Bluetooth controller to my surface pro. Can anyone help? b3dcfefb-d8ae-4c27-ae8f-fb9e308a2388
  10. Compatibility of "Resident Evil 0" on PC tablet Surface Pro / Surface Pro 2 with ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Compatibility of "Resident Evil 0" on PC tablet Surface Pro / Surface Pro 2 with ...: After trying to play successfully with "Resident Evil Revelations 2" on the Surface Pro 2. I was wondering if any of you guys had tried playing with "Resident Evil 0" on Surface Pro / Pro 2...