Surge 2 on PC Game Pass wont Launch. App appears on task bar but just shuts down

Discus and support Surge 2 on PC Game Pass wont Launch. App appears on task bar but just shuts down in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I have downloaded Surge 2 (multipe times now) and am having the same issue. I launch the game and the icon appears on the task bar however after a few... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JamesColes3, Mar 26, 2020.

1. JamesColes3
    JamesColes3 Guest

Surge 2 on PC Game Pass wont Launch. App appears on task bar but just shuts down

I have downloaded Surge 2 (multipe times now) and am having the same issue. I launch the game and the icon appears on the task bar however after a few seconds it just closes down. No error message or anything. I have other games installed from game pass
    and they all work fine. Everything is up to date and I have tried re installing the game 4 times now.

Any help or advice would be great. Thanks.

:)

JamesColes3, Mar 26, 2020
  2. JamesColes3 Win User

I have 1909 installed and have just tried to run as administrator, get a pop up to allow app to make changes which Ive accepted, and get the same result.
  3. napalm 31337 Win User

Have you tried to run it as Administrator?

Which version of Windows 10 have you installed? Latest 1909? You can check it buy Press Windows key + R, type in winver and press run.
  4. Stuart Pearson Win User

Failure to launch

Just looked in a bit more detail.

Though the app appears to be running, (shows in task bar etc.) I can't find it in task manager
  5. Luvchunx Win User

RAGE 2 Not Launching - starting up only on background

I am also having the same issue, Rage 2 wont launch with Xbox Game Pass Beta on PC.
  6. Duster589 Win User

Xbox (Beta) Installer fails during install. Error code 0x87E10BC6

This may or may not work. It is a process that can sometimes fix Windows Store issues. It may help.

1. Type "WSReset" into the search area of the task bar without the quotes

2. Right click the green "App"/Command and RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR

3. A command prompt "looking" window will appear, DO NOT DO ANYTHING, just wait until it disappears (30 or so seconds)

4. The Windows Store will then launch.
Thema:

1. Surge 2 on PC Game Pass wont Launch. App appears on task bar but just shuts down - Similar Threads - Surge Game Pass

2. Save da nuvem The surge 2[Translation-Save on the cloud The Surge 2]

in XBoX on Windows
    Save da nuvem The surge 2[Translation-Save on the cloud The Surge 2]: O jogo the surge 2 não cria um save na nuvem?? tive q formatar o pc e quando reinstalei o jogo so aparece a opção de novo jogo. [Translation-The game the surge 2 does not create a save in the...
  3. Surge 2 not loading

in XBoX on Windows
    Surge 2 not loading: I have an asus fx505dv rtx 2060 when I try and play surge 2 it says no vulcom compatible device found, I updated my graphics driver but no joy. why is this happening?...
  4. Power surge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Power surge: We had a power surge but the game console was not on but had no power we replaced the power supply but now have no signal have tried soft factory reset and hard reset but still nothing it an Xbox...
  5. No connection after power surge

in XBoX on Consoles
    No connection after power surge: A lightning strike nearby left tv and Virgin box broken (won't turn on). My xbox one will turn on and eject discs, however no longer connecting to any tvs even with alternative hdmi cables. 1)...
  6. The Surge not saving my game data on Xbox Game Pass PC

in XBoX on Windows
    The Surge not saving my game data on Xbox Game Pass PC: For some reason, the game is not saving any of my data. It's the only game on the game pass that does this and it's frustrating. I played for 6 hours over the weekend just to come back and find...
  7. The Surge DLC not working (Xbox Game Pass for PC)

in XBoX on Windows
    The Surge DLC not working (Xbox Game Pass for PC): I have downloaded both the game and free DLCs, however after doing their pre-requisites I can't get the enemies with the DLC armor and weapons to spawn. Looking through the folders, it seems like...
  8. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 wireless adapter power surge

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 wireless adapter power surge: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox 360 wireless adapter power surge So I always leave my wireless adapter plugged into my Pc but now every time I try to plug it in it gives me your device is exceeding...
  9. Xbox One no longer signs in, crashes on every game, and will not turn off after power surge.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One no longer signs in, crashes on every game, and will not turn off after power surge.: About a week ago there was a power surge during a bad storm, the power never actually went off, it just made all the lights get really bright then dim, then went back to normal. In that time it...
  10. The surge: corrupt save game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The surge: corrupt save game: Hello. I am trying to load my save game of The Surge. After select the save game in the initial menu, the game try to start but after a few seconds the console is restarted. I suppose the save...