Surround sound not working on certain games on the Xbox (beta) app.

Discus and support Surround sound not working on certain games on the Xbox (beta) app. in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hey, so just today I installed the xbox (beta) app for Windows 10 and subscribed to Xbox game pass. However I've noticed that certain games simply... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by ItsYahDawg, Oct 2, 2019.

1. ItsYahDawg
    ItsYahDawg Guest

Hey, so just today I installed the xbox (beta) app for Windows 10 and subscribed to Xbox game pass. However I've noticed that certain games simply won't have surround sound. So far I've played Gears 5, Super Hot and Dead Cells. Of these, only Dead Cells
    had surround sound.

I'm using a Logitech G930 headset and I haven't had any problems with surround sound in any other applications such as Steam games, Origin games, Discord or Google Chrome. I'm not really sure what the issue could be and I'm kind of getting frustarted as
    I was looking forward to playing some of these games.

Cheers for any feedback.

Edit: wrote the wrong headset.

:)

ItsYahDawg, Oct 2, 2019
  2. ItsYahDawg Win User

I'm sorry, but I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what it is you're suggesting here. I double checked that the games were using my headset for audio output if that's what you were suggesting, but that didn't really fix the issue.

Thank you for your answer.
  3. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Hi, Try Reinstall the Xbox(Beta) To See. Try see if you PC have Drivers Update Too
  4. ItsYahDawg Win User

Hey, so I reinstalled the Xbox (Beta), no luck there. I wasn't sure what drivers you were talking about so I updated my Geforce driver and checked that my logitech software was up to date, which it was. That didn't fix the problem either.

Thank you for the response.
  5. AngelObullets Win User

Hi there

I have noticed some problems myself with this type of thing, But there is sometimes drivers conflations I noticed with my problem similar to what you are describing here I would suggest double checking and only allowing the selected you want to be accessible
    to see if that solves the problem.
  6. tonydeadx Win User

HDMI Audio Setting

Surround sound is only currently available from a DVD or Blue Ray. The Xbox One will not pass your cable surround sound through to your home theater receiver, it will only be stereo. There is a beta for this:

Settings

My Games & Apps

TV & One guide

Trouble Shooting

Surround Sound Beta

Hard to believe isn't it?
Thema:

1. Surround sound not working on certain games on the Xbox (beta) app. - Similar Threads - Surround sound working

2. Hulu not working Surround Sound

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hulu not working Surround Sound: Hello Community, I would like to consider myself a Techie but when I setup my Xbox One I got for a present I only ran into frustration and issues. Equipment & Setup: Xbox One plugged into a...
  3. Surround Sound not working with Apps/TV

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Surround Sound not working with Apps/TV: I've had my xbox one now since day one and had it setup for mostly games. I use either my surround sound (works great) or gaming headphones with optical to the base (works great). I recently...
  4. Surround sound not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Surround sound not working: My setup is a little complicated but it should work just fine. My cable box goes into the Xbox via HDMI, the Xbox goes to the TV via HDMI, and the TVs optical audio out goes to the audio receiver....
  5. Problem with getting surround sound to work properly.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with getting surround sound to work properly.: hello all, I have an Xbox one x and an Onkyo 5.1 receiver. I only get sound out of the front 2 speakers. I switched the Xbox to surround soundin settings and restarted it but that didn't help....
  6. USB Surround Sound Headphones Perfect for PS4 but Not Working XBOX One

in XBoX on Consoles
    USB Surround Sound Headphones Perfect for PS4 but Not Working XBOX One: Please help! Bought my son Zidl 7.1 USB surround headphones for his Xbox / PS4. PS4 works perfectly but the Xbox makes no sound. I gather that I am supposed to plug headphones into the Controller...
  7. Xbox One S surround sound no longer working (0x80bd0009)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S surround sound no longer working (0x80bd0009): Hi all I upgraded to a Xbox one S not too long ago I noticed when I connected my Kinect and run the setup it was not running 5.1. I checked the settings, HDMI and optical audio was set to...
  8. Upgraded to Xbox One S now surround sound no longer works (0x80bd0009)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgraded to Xbox One S now surround sound no longer works (0x80bd0009): I can only use 5.1 when I reconfigure settings from auto detect (4k uhd) to manual HDMI (1080p) The issue is that I must choose between 4k HDR and 5.1 surround. They cannot both be used together....
  9. Upgraded to Xbox One S now surround sound no longer works (0x80bd0009)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upgraded to Xbox One S now surround sound no longer works (0x80bd0009): I have a 4K TV (LG 65EF9500) and VIZIO S5451w-C2 (5.1) sound system. I ran into error code 0x80bd0009 trying to set up my new Xbox One S today. It happens when I tried selecting 5.1, 7.1 or...
  10. Surround sound not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Surround sound not working: My setup is a little complicated but it should work just fine. My cable box goes into the Xbox via HDMI, the Xbox goes to the TV via HDMI, and the TVs optical audio out goes to the audio receiver....