Surround sound.

Discus and support Surround sound. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, why is it I can't change the surround setting on my Xbox one to what I want as it always states the device isn't compatible it's connected to. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Proper Chopper, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Surround sound.

Hi,

why is it I can't change the surround setting on my Xbox one to what I want as it always states the device isn't compatible it's connected to. I run the Xbox one straight to my tv and not through the av amp to reduce lag (as its ridiculous other wise). i
    currently run sky, Xbox 360 mad bluray player this way, connected to tv then back to the amp and they all produce the 5.1 or 7.1 DTS or Dolby and get the sound perfectly. with the Xbox one I have to either use optical out which doesn't produce 7.1 or hdmi
    through the amp and suffer lag issues. I have a sony 7.1 amp with sony tv which use audio return via hdmi ad this method works as stated for all other equipment. so will there be a update or anything to allow me to choose my xbox one out put or just have to
    put up with it?

:)

Proper Chopper, Feb 16, 2014
  2. drivesafely
    drivesafely Guest
    Xbox video store - no surround sound

All the movies list only English audio and no surround sound. I know they used to advertise surround sound. Does anyone know if the movies still have surround sound? even my purchased movies don't show surround sound. No DTS or Dolby

drivesafely, Feb 16, 2014
  3. momo
    momo Guest
    Surround Sound Headset?

This is a good question, but I've never considered doing something like this before. If you wait a bit longer, there will probably be a patch come out (or another adapter) to enable Dolby Digital capabilities.

4. ConcreteSnake Win User

Surround sound

headset adapters will be available in February. we do have to wait for a patch for dts to available, but no idea when that's coming
  5. OG Pooh Win User

Surround sound

With surround sound, you will be able to actually hear things behind you. When properly set up, you will be able to pinpoint exactly where things are, even when they're not actually on the screen (IE: a car coming up to you from the rear driver's side will
    actually be heard approaching from the left & behind). So yeah, it can definitely improve gameplay.

That said, stay away from those all in one HTiB systems. You will be much better off in the long run starting with a good receiver & decent speakers, then upgrading as you can. HTiB systems are basically throw aways.

I believe the 360 only supports 5.1 channels, but I could be wrong.
  6. Saeleth Win User

Surround sound

I grabbed this headset for my Xbox One, honestly its an amazing value and really comfortable. Plus it comes with a pre-paid code for Dolby Atmos!

https://www.plantronics.com/us/en/product/rig-800lx
  7. pd730 Win User

Surround Sound

Well, you left out some info and there are a lot of posts in this forum about surround, so I'll just try to sum it up:

1. The XBox One does not currently support Dolby Digital, at all.
    2. It does support DTS but you have to enable it in the settings as regular ol' stereo is selected by default. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/system/configure-audio-settings
    3. If your receiver does not support DTS, then you're out of luck getting any surround until they patch it.
    4. If whatever you're watching (Live TV, DVD, etc) does not have a DTS track, then you're only going to get 2-channel stereo no matter what you do.
  8. XBF Diego M Win User

Surround sound

Hi there,

For a pretty good review and run down on this product I recommend taking a look at this review:

https://www.windowscentral.com/plan...review-no-nonsense-wireless-audio-xbox-and-pc

It states that it has really good sound for being a wireless headset and the wireless signal is strong and it's easy to set up.

You have to redeem the code on your Xbox in the Microsoft Store app. Once the code is redeemed, the Dolby Access app will be installed and your access to Dolby for Headphones will be unlocked within the app with your pre-paid code. Once it's been unlocked
    in the app and you have it set, you will need to go into your system's audio settings to turn it on. Go to Settings>Display & sound>Audio output>Headset audio>Headset format>Dolby Atmos for headphones.

I hope this helps!
Thema:

Surround sound.

1. Surround sound. - Similar Threads - Surround sound

2. Surround sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    Surround sound: i was looking for a new headset and found out that there is no 7.1 surround sound supported on xbox one. Now i hear other people talk about surround sound on xbox one. Is it called dolby atmos or...
  3. Surround Sound Headset

in XBoX Accessibility
    Surround Sound Headset: I'm wanting a good surround sound headset for my Xbox One X. Anybody have any suggestions on what would be a good one to get? Looking to spend anywhere from 80-150$...
  4. Bose Bose VR 35: Bose Soundbar 500 Setup For Xbox Surround Sound

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Bose Bose VR 35: Bose Soundbar 500 Setup For Xbox Surround Sound: Bose (Audio/Video Receivers) Bose VR 35: Bose Soundbar 500 Setup For Xbox Surround Sound Depending on your TV, the Audio Return Channel might not support surround sound from other inputs, like the...
  5. Xbox one x not excepting surround sound from my TiVo

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x not excepting surround sound from my TiVo: So I decided to upgrade from my XBOne to a One X and ever since I swap out my XBOne for my One X I’ve noticed that I don’t get any surround sound from my TiVo Bolt even though I’m still getting it...
  6. Denon: Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound ...

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Denon: Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound ...: Denon (Audio/Video Receivers): Connecting XBOX ONE X with TV & AVR to get both high quality picture and surround sound - problem Hi there, thank you very much, to both of you, for kind advise. I...
  7. 7.1 surround sound on apps vs games

in XBoX on Consoles
    7.1 surround sound on apps vs games: Hi, I have a new Onkyo home theater receiver. I have 7.1 speakers hooked up. I know they are physically hooked up well as the music app from a phone and Halo 5 works great. Sound from all...
  8. Surround sound (ARC) disappeared with the Norwegian Dec.update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Surround sound (ARC) disappeared with the Norwegian Dec.update.: Hi! After the December update,I am not able to pass bitstream from my SMART Dvb-S to my LG 4K (2017) model TV za through the Xbox,using ARC. Before this, everyone worked fine,and the games play...
  9. Headset/Microphone/Surround Sound Query

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset/Microphone/Surround Sound Query: Hello! I have just got my Xbox One X set and I am having a little trouble getting my audio set up to behave the way I'd like it to. I have a pair of Razer Tiamat 7.1 headphones that I use...
  10. Headset/Microphone/Surround Sound Query

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset/Microphone/Surround Sound Query: Hello! I have just got my Xbox One X set and I am having a little trouble getting my audio set up to behave the way I'd like it to. I have a pair of Razer Tiamat 7.1 headphones that I use...