Suspend and resume still not working

Discus and support Suspend and resume still not working in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My xb1 is incapable of suspending apps and games. On the Home screen you have the main window which shows the game or app you are currently using.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by E McSq, Jun 6, 2014.

1. E McSq
    E McSq Guest

My xb1 is incapable of suspending apps and games.

On the Home screen you have the main window which shows the game or app you are currently using.

Below this are 4 boxes which show your most recently used apps.

These apps, once opened, should be suspended in the state you last left them, allowing the user to instantly switch back to them with zero loading times.

The rules are only one of the 4 suspended apps can be a game, as loading another game will close the current game down.

My xbox does not function like this.

The suspended apps in the 4 boxes will close after a certain amount of time, for no reason.

For example, before coming here to write this message i was watching Twitch. The Twitch app has now closed down, along with my other 3 suspended apps.

Why?

I have not been disconnected, signed out or changed profiles. Has any other XB1 user noticed this problem?

Most infuriatingly, Games fail to stay suspended.

Playing, for example ,Dead rising 3, using a couple of apps like Netflix and Youtube will cause that game to close down if i'm away from the game for more than 30 mins.

This happens with all games i own.

Also using internet explorer, and viewing web pages with hi-res pictures and "gifs" will cause game and suspended apps to close down.

Why is this happening?

These are the steps i have taken to remedy the issue:

Hard reset/power cycle the console,

Restored factory defaults 3 times,

Unplugged Kinect,

Used a different profile,

Plugged the console into different plug sockets around the house,

Used various hdmi cables.

Switched instant on to Energy saving mode,

Got an entirely new fibre optic network.

Nothing works.

I have fimed over half a dozen videos of this"bug" in action and will be posting them here over the next few days.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

:)

E McSq, Jun 6, 2014
  2. Hordie
    Hordie Guest
    Suspend/Resume not working? NXOE

Hi LanceX2 ,

Sorry you're having issues with your trial of the New Xbox One Experience. As this sounds like it's a preview feature head over to the Private Early Access Forums here. The folks over in that area would be the best ones to help you with this issue.

Hordie, Jun 6, 2014
  3. LanceX2
    LanceX2 Guest
    Suspend/Resume not working? NXOE

It doesnt work for me anymore. Been playing mad max and I have to sign in every time I boot the game. This was my favorite feature of X1.

Is my console ***? How can I fix it

LanceX2, Jun 6, 2014
  4. E McSq Win User

Suspend and resume does not work.

The Ender: thanks so much for taking the time to test this out.

I decided to copy the steps you provided 3 times and:

First time Killer instinct terminated.

Second time game succesfully resumed.

Third time: game terminated.

I timed the amount of time i was away from the game whilst switching and it was just over 8 mins.

Conclusion: I'm more confused than ever.

Once again The Ender, thanks for taking the time to help.
  5. trackpadhero Win User

Happens on all my downloaded games (Tomb Raider, Peggle, Killer Instinct and Titanfall).

If I leave the game and go watch Netflix, Amazon Instant Video or say Xbox Turn Off. When I resume the game there is always some weird issue. No audio in the game. Or just hangs.

I have to then load another game to get the game I want to play to run.
  6. E McSq Win User

FEARc0mplex, thanks for posting, nice to know i'm not alone.

Spent more time trying to find a pattern that causes game termination, and it just seems random.

Getting signed out DOES cause termination, but i never get signed out and the game still quits.

Joypad going to sleep doesn't sign you out, not in Forza or any other game, so that shouldn't cause termination.

Joypad on, joypad off, makes no difference. Sometimes it suspends, sometimes it terminates.

And it is not isolated to one game, but all my games(DR3, Fifa, KI, Ryse, Forza)

And, just like you mr FEAR, my resume games quickly (resuming a game after the system has been off in instant on mode) has only ever worked twice, and one of those times Ryse was just an untextured Marius standing inside a giant skybox, unable to move.

Frustrating and mysterious.
  7. UnholyRoth Win User

Hmm. Maybe the repro is determined by time. With Forza running, I can launch 10+ apps, letting them all load, using them for 30 sec, and come back to Forza and it is still running. But then I came upstairs to write a couple emails, went back downstairs and
    my controller had gone to sleep, and when re-launching Forza it launched from scratch.

Forza re-launches on sign-in/sign-out. You can repro that on demand. Maybe the controller disconnect is triggering their restart logic...
  8. E McSq Win User

How much longer for a response?

I appreciate i am not the only person with problems, but it would only take 10 minutes to test out the steps i provided.

Many thanks.
Thema:

1. Suspend and resume still not working - Similar Threads - Suspend resume still

2. Has anyone else had suspend/resume stop working over the past few months?

in XboX Insiders
    Has anyone else had suspend/resume stop working over the past few months?: Noticed around June I think. A basic shutdown, or even a restart, no longer suspends my game. Upon boot up, the game is fully shut down and needs to be launched fresh. Happened with Outer Wilds...
  3. Crash when Suspending and Resuming

in XBoX on Windows
    Crash when Suspending and Resuming: Hi , everyone . Just bought a game ( FH4) , week ago ! played for 10 hours without any problems . Once , I was driving a car and then I flew off the road to water or something!! Afterwards, my car...
  4. Crash when Suspending and Resuming

in XBoX on Windows
    Crash when Suspending and Resuming: Hi , everyone . Just bought a game ( FH4) , week ago ! played for 10 hours without any problems . Once , I was driving a car and then I flew off the road to water or something!! Afterwards, my car...
  5. Xbox One X rarely resumes from suspend

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X rarely resumes from suspend: My Xbox One X does not resume the game from a suspend state if it is left for any real amount of time. I am using Instant On, and instant sign in. This is a launch One X which I bought to...
  6. Xbox One - Black screen after resuming from a suspended state - Crash

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One - Black screen after resuming from a suspended state - Crash: I purchased an Xbox One S a week ago, and so far I have already experienced 4 system crashes with a black screen. Each one comes at the same time. If I play a game (in this case, Cuphead), and...
  7. Suspend/Resume

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Suspend/Resume: Hey gamers, I've been an Xbox One owner for only a few weeks now, and one of the much touted features of Xbox One is Suspend/Resume. My experience with the feature on PS4 has been flawless, but...
  8. Suspend/ Resume

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suspend/ Resume: When do you guys plan on fully implementing the suspend and resume feature? I'm not gonna lie, my PS4 spoiled me rotten with this feature to hear the Xbox One has something similar. But I can...
  9. trouble suspending/resuming games

in XBoX on Consoles
    trouble suspending/resuming games: I've had my xbox one for about a week now, and I've noticed that I'm not able to properly suspend/resume games and was wondering if anyone else has had this issue and hopefully fixed. The...
  10. Suspend/Resume not working? NXOE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Suspend/Resume not working? NXOE: It doesnt work for me anymore. Been playing mad max and I have to sign in every time I boot the game. This was my favorite feature of X1. Is my console ***? How can I fix it...