Suspended for a day for using a SINGLE swear word.

Discus and support Suspended for a day for using a SINGLE swear word. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Honestly neatly this just baffles me right now. I have been suspended for a day for using a single swear word. The reasons comes followed: There was... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by IoloEvans Jones, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Suspended for a day for using a SINGLE swear word.

Honestly neatly this just baffles me right now.

I have been suspended for a day for using a single swear word. The reasons comes followed:

There was this random guy who wanted to talk to me and said we should play some games together. I ignored him. Yet when I did, he started spamming invites and messages. I didn't know how to block the guy because I'm fairly new to xbox and the ui is just
    a maze for me right now.

I swore once. And once only, to try and scare him off. And then another account, apparently his brother, said that I should apologise, and I just ignored him. The spamming, which was extremely annoying and went on for approximately 20 minutes. I was finally
    able to report him for spamming, and I DOUBT anything happened about that.

What I presume to have happened is that the spammer, his brother, and a couple of other accounts

I'm just astounded. I was reported, and suspended for a day from talking with my friends. And he just gets to walk away, knowing that he was the start of the problem.

And my question is to you all: should I do anything about this? Either consult xbox, or the spammer. Or both.

I'm angry and confused. Any advice?

:)

IoloEvans Jones, Sep 3, 2019
  2. {Parity} Win User

Unfortunately, with it being only 24 hours you won't be able to appeal the suspension. It probably would have done no good anyway as you admitted you broke the rules.
  3. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Swearing on Xbox is swearing. One word, five words, 80 words, doesn't matter.

Next time just simply block him. You click on his profile and there will be an option to "Mute" or "Block." Just click Block. Then he can't contact you at all anymore, he can't message you or send you invites or anything. If his brother or any other accounts
    start doing the same, just block them as well. If it goes too far, also click Report and report them. But when you respond and start swearing, you are in the same boat they are.

PS Swearing at someone does not 'scare them away.' This just entertains them more. Next time take a more mature approach and don't respond, block and report if needed.
  4. AetherwispZA Win User

Morning

Swearing is againt the Xbox Code of Conduct. I someone harasses you, you should always just report them and block them.

If you retaliate you can get banned yourself.

Regards

5. A Girl Tee Hee Win User

I get spammed with really vulgar and mean messages. Mainly when i play Rainbow. I am not that great at the game and enjoy playing with my friends. But every single time there is at least on person who decides to write me a novel about how i am trash lol.
    So i give them the thumbs up, block and mute , if i find what they say offensive or goes against the code of conduct i report.
  6. Wishcatcher Win User

Hi,

On Xbox live you have to follow rules… Even if its a single swear word...

You can try to make a case review ( https://enforcement.xbox.com) but i think it will be hard to get unban.

Regards
Thema:

1. Suspended for a day for using a SINGLE swear word. - Similar Threads - Suspended using SINGLE

2. Sons account suspended when he wasn't the one who was using it.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Sons account suspended when he wasn't the one who was using it.: So my daughter was using my sons account to play Black Ops 4 when some random guy started to flirt with her when she commented on his level (Prestige 365 I think). She called him [Mod Removed], as...
  3. Im suspended on console but my friend can use my account

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im suspended on console but my friend can use my account: Im suspended on my console but my friend is using my account idk what to do on enforcement.xbox there nothing thats show the suspension 5787f574-104e-407f-8025-f1d586975849
  4. No Suspension listed, can’t dispute being reported (& suspended) by the person who used ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    No Suspension listed, can’t dispute being reported (& suspended) by the person who used ...: My account has a week suspension beginning today right after a player took all of my weapons from Fortnight ‘Save the World’ using a hack. I messaged the person to give it back, then I instantly...
  5. My Xbox one x was suspended by case review then my Xbox one 3 days later after 3 days of use

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox one x was suspended by case review then my Xbox one 3 days later after 3 days of use: Why was my Xbox one suspended 60 days. My account was perm banned and I chose to have my Xbox one x suspended to save my account and then I pull out my Xbox one and it gets a 60 day suspendsion...
  6. Can you use Xbox Live Rewards even thought your Bing Rewards is suspended?

in XBoX Rewards
    Can you use Xbox Live Rewards even thought your Bing Rewards is suspended?: I know Xbox Live Rewards and Bing Rewards are merging but what if your Bing Rewards is suspended is there anyway you can still use Xbox Live Rewards after the merger or not? What happens to the...
  7. Microsoft suspending/closng account for using offensive language starting May 1st

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft suspending/closng account for using offensive language starting May 1st: Check this link out Microsoft Can Now Ban Xbox Accounts for 'Offensive Language' - IGN If you or your friends are cursing have fun now cause yu odn't wanna use lose privileges to Xbox services,...
  8. A player used your terms to bully me and I got suspended

in XBoX on Consoles
    A player used your terms to bully me and I got suspended: last night I was playing Titianfall 2 on Xbox 1. While playing I started getting messages from a player I don’t know. He didn’t like the way I was playing or the load outs I was using. I wasn’t...
  9. My account was suspended while my 10 yr old brother used my xbox live account

in XBoX on Consoles
    My account was suspended while my 10 yr old brother used my xbox live account: I have already filed for a case review which was still upheld. I'm very aggravated by the decision and if I'm not able to communicate with others by the end of today I will sell my xbox one and...
  10. Why was my son suspended for a billing issue? He uses a prepaid card I bought him!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why was my son suspended for a billing issue? He uses a prepaid card I bought him!: Hello, My 8 year old son was suspended on xbox live for using a prepaid card that I bought him. I have the card in hand. I am very upset about this as this was his valentines gift from me. If you...