Switched Routers, Now Cannot Play Xbox Games on PC

Discus and support Switched Routers, Now Cannot Play Xbox Games on PC in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my router to an Asus RT-AX82U gaming router for better wifi coverage for gaming on PC (I cannot change the location of my modem).... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GeekCheese, Jan 1, 2022.

1. GeekCheese
    GeekCheese Guest

I recently upgraded my router to an Asus RT-AX82U gaming router for better wifi coverage for gaming on PC (I cannot change the location of my modem). Now that I have upgraded, I can no longer play multiplayer Xbox games on my PC. I've tried everything - opening ports, changing NAT type, updating router firmware, etc. - but every time I try to play multiplayer with my friends I get booted. Steam games in multiplayer work fine, it's only Xbox.

Strangest part is every test I run states that my NAT type is open and that I'm connected to the Xbox live network. BUT, as soon as I try to join a friend's game or party or send an invite of my own it doesn't work. Help!

:)

GeekCheese, Jan 1, 2022
  2. TBallin1408 Win User

Can't Connect to LIVE, CAN to internet

I am having the same problem right now. I've reset my xbox, router, switched cables, everything. Still cannot connect.
  3. Wicked Solitude Win User

Bridging Guide

I already switched the nat to bridged before seeing this and now I cannot login to the router via 192.168.0.1
  4. blueamcat Win User

Multi Platform

If the game allows it, it's already setup that way. As of right now there are no cross play games for Xbox/PlayStation. Just PC and Nintendo Switch and phone.
  5. «ΛC» ДngyonЭ 1 Win User

"Games with Gold" free games every month

Thanks for the reply. so if I switch from Xbox Game Pass Ultimate to Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) which costs less and is oriented only to PC players, if I install a game from the catalog and this game also has multiplayer I cannot play multiplayer with
    the only Xbox Game Pass for PC (Beta) ? it seems absurd ..... -.-"
  6. Vinny #1 Win User

How do I switch between two accounts on minecraft bedrock (PC)?

You can switch accounts through the Microsoft Store or through the Xbox app. However, games cannot be shared on the PC.
Thema:

1. Switched Routers, Now Cannot Play Xbox Games on PC - Similar Threads - Switched Routers Cannot

2. Fortnite microphone locked on my kid's computer AND switch since I turned on parental control

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite microphone locked on my kid's computer AND switch since I turned on parental control: I've tried accessing the menu ingame on his account but it's greyed out. I don't have an account myself. How the hell can I changed back ? It seems it locked also on the switch... Please help my...
  3. Switch Minecraft Crashes Even Worse Now!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switch Minecraft Crashes Even Worse Now!: What is going on with this game. The newest update was targeted at fixing frozen screens and crashes on the switch, and upon playing the game no longer freezes when saving. HOWEVER! The game...
  4. Home switches

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Home switches: So I got hacked like 3 times already and I have no more switches I changed my password and removed unknown devices and all I want is for someone to help me reset my home switches. Thanks...
  5. Home-less: Just bought a Series X, and Can't Set it to Home (I've NEVER switched Home either)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home-less: Just bought a Series X, and Can't Set it to Home (I've NEVER switched Home either): Here is what I did: I made my old Xbox One not Home anymore from the "Devices" page on my account. I attempted to make my new Series X Home using the Personalization tab in Settings on my Xbox...
  6. Can't Play Minecraft On My Nintendo Switch, I have both accounts logged in and Nintendo...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Play Minecraft On My Nintendo Switch, I have both accounts logged in and Nintendo...: What Happened? - My Character Won't Appear - I somehow cannot play - I tried connecting to online and local network, but it never worked - I have Nintendo Switch Online, but it seems like that...
  7. Minecraft Nintendo switch education not loging into Microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Nintendo switch education not loging into Microsoft account: I have been having this problem for a while I have deleted the game and redownloaded multiple time yet it keeps not working even when it tells me to remote connect can you please fix this issue...
  8. Xbox says restart router when switching networks.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox says restart router when switching networks.: Hello gamers! Starting two weeks ago, when I arrived at my mom's, I went to play my Xbox and it said to restart the router. I did it and it worked, but when I went to connect this week, It said...
  9. Xbox One acting like a wireless hub/switch/router?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One acting like a wireless hub/switch/router?: I just downloaded an app called Wireless Display(preview). When I open the app the xbox airs a network called "DIRECT-FSXbox-SystemOS4249". I cannot connect to it because I do not have the...
  10. Cannot connect to Xbox Live after switching Routers.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Xbox Live after switching Routers.: I have recently purchased and set up a new router in my home, and now my Xbox cannot connect to Xbox Live. It detects the Network without issue, but it gets an "IP Address" error every time I...