Switching between recorded shows (TiVo) and live TV lags.

Discus and support Switching between recorded shows (TiVo) and live TV lags. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I'm consistently getting a lag, or momentary black screen of sometimes 10 seconds when switching between recorded and live tv, and sometimes between... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Scott HND, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Scott HND
    Scott HND Guest

I'm consistently getting a lag, or momentary black screen of sometimes 10 seconds when switching between recorded and live tv, and sometimes between live channels. It will also do it at times when changing the tv to other tasks. By that I mean say while
    watching live tv if I hit the TiVo button to see the listing of shows I have recorded, the video display changes from a regular tv broadcast to the recorded show listing with the thumbnail of live tv still playing in the corner. This will also cause a black
    screen delay before changing the display to this mode or back to live tv.

Anyone else seeing this kind of behavior with their DVR?

:)

Scott HND, Feb 18, 2014
  2. Audio out of sync with my TiVo Premire

I have a tivo premire and I run the tivo thru the pass thru and then to the tv, and I got audio lag for live tv and recorded shows as well. So far it's intermittent.

LexLuthor1980, Feb 18, 2014
  3. Live TV delayed audio

I have a tivo premire and I run the tivo thru the pass thru and then to the tv, and I got audio lag for live tv and recorded shows as well. So far it's intermittent.

LexLuthor1980, Feb 18, 2014
  4. Switching between recorded shows (TiVo) and live TV lags.

I have the same issue with my Tivo Premiere XL. On another forum there was a suggestion to adjust your cable box to output only 720p video. So on the Tivo I went into the video settings and found a section where you can check which video format you want
    to use. I unchecked all of the options except for 720p. But that did not fix the issue.

TakeItEasyBrah, Mar 20, 2014
  5. LexLuthor1980 Win User

Live TV delayed audio

6. TakeItEasyBrah Win User

I have the same issue with my Tivo Premiere XL. On another forum there was a suggestion to adjust your cable box to output only 720p video. So on the Tivo I went into the video settings and found a section where you can check which video format you want
    to use. I unchecked all of the options except for 720p. But that did not fix the issue.
  7. Bizz1e ZX10R Win User

Audio out of sync with my TiVo Premire

I have a TiVo Premier and mine runs fine, the only "issue" I have is that I do not have the options to record or watch recorded shows through the Oneguide. I have to grab my TiVo remote and go through the normal menu to do that.

All I can really do Is just pause and RR/FW live TV
  8. mrkrabz Win User

Watch Tv - Lower quality through xbox1

Just noticed that my TiVo will block the signal if I try to watch a recorded show. Anyone else have this problem? I'm switching back for sure if I can't watch recorded shows and it lowers quality.
  9. Iautorenewedu Win User

TIVO service used thru XBOX ONE freezes

Yup!

1. What resolutions are you running natively from the TiVo unit?

2. Using HDMI 2.0 or better, all the way?

3. Layout (i.e. STB (cable box) HDMI Xbox One HDMI TV)

4. Make/model of TiVo?

From the sounds of it, it sounds like a recoding issue. Does this happen only on recorded shows or during live 'stream'?
Thema:

1. Switching between recorded shows (TiVo) and live TV lags. - Similar Threads - Switching between recorded

2. Not Being able to switch between Turtle beach headsets?!?

in XboX Insiders
    Not Being able to switch between Turtle beach headsets?!?: I have the TB x800 complete wireless headset. When they are low on battery. I want to plug in my TB x700. And they don’t work. I have to switch profiles and be signed in on another name for those...
  3. My October 2nd 2018 update is switching between failed pending and successful?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My October 2nd 2018 update is switching between failed pending and successful?: Here is to helping others as much as myself... So my October 2nd 2018 update status is switching between failed pending and successful on my VCR model Xbox One console this may be due to my...
  4. Xbox One turning off when switching between applications

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One turning off when switching between applications: Okay, so this is an odd one and due to not being around my Xbox often, I won't be able to troubleshoot immediately, but occasionally I am having an issue where I will be doing something on my...
  5. Fortnite / Crossplay between XBOX and PC/Switch with Child account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Fortnite / Crossplay between XBOX and PC/Switch with Child account: Hi, if anyone could help me i would be really thankful. My problem is my son has a Microsoft child account and is unable to crossplay in Fortnite with other platforms than xbox. Adult accounts on...
  6. Can't connect between Minecraft Windows 10 and Minecraft Switch

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't connect between Minecraft Windows 10 and Minecraft Switch: I have Minecraft on both my PC and Switch and tried to connect my Switch to one of my Windows 10 worlds and it loads it for a while and then says "can't connect to world" They're on the 1.5.3...
  7. Is it possible to switch ownership of Downloaded games between profile?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to switch ownership of Downloaded games between profile?: Is it possible for me tow switch the ownership of a downloaded game (came with the console) from myself to my sons (owner of the Xbox) profile? b1e2acd0-fb56-47cc-a42b-0f13c5cbf019
  8. Switch between Xbox one dashboard styles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Switch between Xbox one dashboard styles: Do you ever wish you could go back to the very first dashboard style on the Xbox one, or even the second dashboard style. I think that you should be able to switch between all the Xbox one...
  9. Switching between 800x elite and earphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Switching between 800x elite and earphones: Hi. I have a quick question? I am currently using a turtle beach 800x elite and when it's charging I'm using a normal earphone to chat with my friends. But, when I plug in my earphone after the...
  10. Can I switch my Account between Microsoft accounts?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I switch my Account between Microsoft accounts?: When My account was first made it was made on my dad's Microsoft account, now I have my own and want to start using my account but I don't want to lose my game progress because I have spent...