Switching consoles but using the same account

Discus and support Switching consoles but using the same account in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I am recently going to sell my Xbox 360 to buy an Xbox One, and I was wondering, how do I remove my profile from the Xbox 360 hard-drive, but at... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DontLetKatDrive, Aug 24, 2014.

1. Switching consoles but using the same account

Hello, I am recently going to sell my Xbox 360 to buy an Xbox One, and I was wondering, how do I remove my profile from the Xbox 360 hard-drive, but at the same time, use that same account for the Xbox One? Thanks for your time!

:)

DontLetKatDrive, Aug 24, 2014
  2. Nerite
    Nerite Guest
    Switching Xbox but want to use the same account

Another thing you can try is to delete your profile off of your xbox, and just re download it.

You should try this after you clear your cache.

Nerite, Aug 24, 2014
  3. Nerite
    Nerite Guest

Let's start by clearing your cache. Here is How to clear your Xbox 360 system cache --->(http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system/clear-system-cache)

As for that error code, that code means your Microsoft account is valid, but not associated with an Xbox Live account. Are you sure you are using the correct Microsoft account to sign in with? Let us know so we can continue working to resolve the issue.

Nerite, Aug 24, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

That's pretty easy. Make sure you format the hard drive in the console. That will delete all items on the drive (be sure to double check all storage areas to ensure all information has been deleted before selling the console).

Then when you get your Xbox One all you need to do is type in your email and password associated with the account to download your tag to the new console.

onyxishere, Aug 24, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

That's pretty easy. Make sure you format the hard drive in the console. That will delete all items on the drive (be sure to double check all storage areas to ensure all information has been deleted before selling the console).

Then when you get your Xbox One all you need to do is type in your email and password associated with the account to download your tag to the new console.
  6. badbeattleborg Win User

if you are still having issues try logging into xbox.com. If you are not able to you might be using the wrong email to sign in with if this is the case the next best option would be to call 1-800-4MY-XBOX for further assistance.
  7. DGYT Win User

Fortunately, your account can be kept on as many xbox's as you want! Also, what do you mean "On a bag?" I lived in New York for a few months and have never heard that expression.
  8. Nerite Win User

Another thing you can try is to delete your profile off of your xbox, and just re download it.

You should try this after you clear your cache.
  9. Nerite Win User

Let's start by clearing your cache. Here is How to clear your Xbox 360 system cache --->(http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/system/clear-system-cache)

As for that error code, that code means your Microsoft account is valid, but not associated with an Xbox Live account. Are you sure you are using the correct Microsoft account to sign in with? Let us know so we can continue working to resolve the issue.
Thema:

1. Switching consoles but using the same account - Similar Threads - Switching consoles using

2. External hard drive and how to switch bewteen consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    External hard drive and how to switch bewteen consoles: Tryibg to let my son use my hard drive. But when i plug the hard drive into his xbox it will detect and not show any games or let us transfer games. My account is on both xboxes. How am i to let...
  3. Xbox Console Companion will not let me switch accounts

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Console Companion will not let me switch accounts: I have tried multiple times to switch accounts in the app but when I click on another account it simply goes to loads and then goes back to the main account that was already logged in. I have...
  4. console switched off after overheating

in XBoX on Consoles
    console switched off after overheating: Why does console indicates its overheated? 9f551104-aab9-4793-9a35-682050afbddc
  5. Xbox one x controller needs to be reconnected every time i switch on the console.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x controller needs to be reconnected every time i switch on the console.: I've followed the instructions on xbox website and i've also done the factory reset but it din't work. No option to send it to repair in India :3 Please suggest the needful !!...
  6. Console switching off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console switching off: Hi, My sons xbox is switching on but then turning off straight away. Does anyone know if I can fix this or if I need to buy him another one? Thanks af71652d-a9a7-460f-82af-47ce6b0fcf85
  7. Console switches to Netflix when using other video apps?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Console switches to Netflix when using other video apps?: I’m watching HBONow streaming a movie and after an hour my console just loaded up Netflix. Mid movie, just up pops the Netflix loading screen. I switch back and a few seconds later it loads again....
  8. Switching from one console to multiple consoles

in XBoX on Consoles
    Switching from one console to multiple consoles: Different versions of this scenario have been posted before, so apologies for repeating, but please can someone clarify - we currently have: One XB1 - with three gamers. One adult and two child...
  9. REACHED MAXIMUM HOME CONSOLE SWITCHES

in XBoX on Consoles
    REACHED MAXIMUM HOME CONSOLE SWITCHES: Is there any way to be able to get more home xbox switches as im trying to game share with a mate and its saying I need to wait till a certain date 15d837b3-83ba-4d8e-9c94-d77c5bd47ecb
  10. Xbox App Loses connection to my console when I switch inputs on my Tv while streaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App Loses connection to my console when I switch inputs on my Tv while streaming.: I am a small YouTuber, I used to stream a lot before the past updates for Windows and Xbox App caused a lot of issues with my streaming. I fixed all the issues but now have one that I (or others...