Switching off/on bose Cinemate 15 with xbox via Infrared sender

Discus and support Switching off/on bose Cinemate 15 with xbox via Infrared sender in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi! I have managed to set up my TV to switch on/off when the xbox turns on/off using the IR sender, but I am struggling to get my sound system to do... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JakeThe'Dog, Aug 14, 2018.

1. JakeThe'Dog
    JakeThe'Dog Guest

Hi!

I have managed to set up my TV to switch on/off when the xbox turns on/off using the IR sender, but I am struggling to get my sound system to do the same. It currently mutes and controls the volume, when I used the automated setup device function and then
    tried selecting Cinemate 15 manually but with no luck.

Just wondering if anyone has found a solution to this? like using another bose device on the list or manually entering a code etc

Thanks,

Nick

:)

JakeThe'Dog, Aug 14, 2018
  2. I have Bose cinemate series audio system and I am not hearing Xbox 360 sound from Bose speakers

I connected my TV to Bose cinemate series 2 and all the devices connected to that TV will get the audio from Bose system and I connected to Bose system via optical cable I am not hearing the sound when I connected xbox360 to tv via HDMi through Bose speakers.
    Please suggest

SubmarineSnake5, Aug 14, 2018
  3. jdmcnolty
    jdmcnolty Guest
    Analog speakers

I have a older set of CineMate Bose speakers they have analog connection. If I buy a digital to analog converter and hook them up will i be able to control them with the xbox one?

jdmcnolty, Aug 14, 2018
  4. KiLLFAIR729 Win User

Sound cuts out????

I's a Bose CineMate 1 SR Speaker Array and I have a an optical cable going from the soundbar to the TV. Then I have an HDMI cable going from the Xbox One to the TV. I do not have any optical cables connected to the Xbox One.
  5. II FSU Nole II Win User

Audio Receiver Issues

I am having the same issue with a Bose CineMate Series II. On setup the xBox will recognize the system (mute command turns off/on). All other functions work (volume up/down, mute) with both voice commands and controller. However, it will not turn off/on
    either from quick start or full off/on.

I have set it (along with the tv) to do both on/off (under device management - or whatever it is called). TV works perfectly. I was told by support that it is a software issue and would be resolved in later update (seems to be the pat answer for most things).

I see your post was in January, 2014. Has an update resolved your issue?
  6. ClemensXbox Win User

Xbox one tv

I think your cable box has to be in the same room as the One in order to watch TV. If the One does not 'see' your cable box with it's infrared sender it cannot control it.

Microsoft is still very silent with technical details so I may be completely off - but this is what I think based on the info we have so far.
  7. MHenauer Win User

Achievements not unlocking on minecraft

Valaith

Return to Sender 1/12/15 around 11am EST
  8. Moonpiggy-5C365155-8 Win User

Another annoying problem on the xbox one.

I had this problem. Try a hard reset. If that doesn't work something is interfering with the signal. I have a video sender setup to send my sky to the bedroom, sometimes that will need to be switched offs before i sync the controller.
Thema:

1. Switching off/on bose Cinemate 15 with xbox via Infrared sender - Similar Threads - Switching off bose

2. Console switching off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Console switching off: Hi, My sons xbox is switching on but then turning off straight away. Does anyone know if I can fix this or if I need to buy him another one? Thanks af71652d-a9a7-460f-82af-47ce6b0fcf85
  3. XBOX OneS swithches off straight after I switch it on.

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX OneS swithches off straight after I switch it on.: Xbox is all connected up but when I switch it on, the start light only stays on for a split second before the box shuts down. I've tried disconnecting power cable, waiting 10 secs before...
  4. Switching OFF hints in Microsoft Mahjong

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Switching OFF hints in Microsoft Mahjong: Okay, I'm fairly new to this version of Mahjong, but I've been trying for days now to turn off the hints. I've tried turning them off (and back on and back off) in the general Game Options and in...
  5. Xbox 360 Issues with Connecting Monitor | Randomly monitor switch off and on while on-game

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Issues with Connecting Monitor | Randomly monitor switch off and on while on-game: Xbox Fans Hi, I'm having an issue that thought to post a threat, maybe someone has same or can assist, would highly appreciate input. Issue : Console: Xbox 360 Elite Monitor: HP EliteDisplay...
  6. Turn off the power switch to Xbox One X after it is turned off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Turn off the power switch to Xbox One X after it is turned off: Hi, I was wondering if its safe to turn off the power to the xbox one x after i have shut it down. In the settings i have set my console to be in 'energy saving mode' and when i want to turn it...
  7. screen time switching to Off

in XBoX Accessibility
    screen time switching to Off: Hi, I've set the screen time limits for my son who'd unfortunately starve rather than leave his Xbox, but they keep resetting to off. So, every evening I set them on, and every morning, when I...
  8. xbox switches off after a few minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox switches off after a few minutes: tried to reset it and also cleared the blue ray cache. Still switches off after approx. 2minutes into a game. Not only on Fortnite 537d28d9-fddb-48dc-b20e-4de821f1642c
  9. XboxOne suddenly switches off when I play Fortnite

in XBoX on Consoles
    XboxOne suddenly switches off when I play Fortnite: Hi, I'm using an Xbox One and I have the following problem. When I use Fortnite it suddenly switches off after a few minutes. Both the console and the LED on the power supply switch off. It only...
  10. Xbox one switch off or freezing after changing game/app (Possible fixes for external hard ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox one switch off or freezing after changing game/app (Possible fixes for external hard ...: I noticed quite a few people are having xbox one freezing/Switching off, after changing games or apps. This might be a few things but one very common one cause of this. Is in fact the external...