Switching to digital no disc gaming

Discus and support Switching to digital no disc gaming in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have just brought an xbox one s no disc gaming console and I was wondering if it is possible to plug my seagate 2tb external hardrive into it and my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JoeTownsend1, Oct 2, 2019.

1. JoeTownsend1
    JoeTownsend1 Guest

I have just brought an xbox one s no disc gaming console and I was wondering if it is possible to plug my seagate 2tb external hardrive into it and my games that I've got stored onto it would I be able to play them on it?. could somebody plz help me on
    this thank u .

:)

JoeTownsend1, Oct 2, 2019
  2. Codename Jelly Win User

Disappointed With Recent Update

[quote user="M3gaToxic"]

Can I ask why everyone wants Digital? What is so wrong with Disc? You can Trade disc back and forth so many times with friends you can resell Disc. At most have both Disc and Digital for those who want Digital.

[/quote]

Digital = switching games without switching discs. Just go from 1 game to another, so if you are playing 1 game and you get an invite for another you just accept it and switch right to that game.

-

It can still be done very easily.
  3. x24hrs2livex Win User

Installing Physical copies to HDD

If you install a disc you can switch to digital games and back to the disc game. You just cant switch to your other disc based games like you could under the old drm policy.
  4. DoubleDRAGON666 Win User

Of course. And if you already had it plugged into an old xbox and it has games on it, it should work straight away and you will be able to play the games on it.
  5. sandy the hippy Win User

If you mean games that are digital downloads in your hdd, then as others have said, yes, they will work fine.

If HOWEVER, you mean physical editions of games that you have installed on drive, then no, as in order for them to work, you'd need the original disc in a drive, that you don't have
  6. denis97g Win User

yes, you can plug in an external drive and play games on it.
Thema:

1. Switching to digital no disc gaming - Similar Threads - Switching digital disc

2. Wired digital version of Devil May Cry 5 - cannot switch language to Chinese if buying from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Wired digital version of Devil May Cry 5 - cannot switch language to Chinese if buying from...: I bought a Devil May Cry 5 last month and play it a little bit then found I cannot choose Chinese subyisubt in game, then I noticed there is a DLC in HK app store:...
  3. 2Wire: Redeemed digital code under wrong family account how do I switch it?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    2Wire: Redeemed digital code under wrong family account how do I switch it?: 2Wire (Modems/Gateways): Redeemed digital code under wrong family account how do I switch it? need some help. Purchased a digital code but logged into the wrong family account when I downloaded...
  4. Not recieving code after switching digital copy for physical copy of Halo 5 Limited Edition

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Not recieving code after switching digital copy for physical copy of Halo 5 Limited Edition: I Bought Halo 5 Guardians Limited Edition when it first came out in Augustus 2015. I was one of the original customers that was able to switch my digital game for a physical copy. But in doing so...
  5. Can i switch my digital code for a physical copy?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can i switch my digital code for a physical copy?: Im looking to buy the gears of war 4 limited edition xbox one, but i dont want the digital game. I much rather have the ultimate edition physical copy of game. So is it possible to switch? Im a...
  6. Digital download licenses lost when switched to Xbox one s

in XBoX on Consoles
    Digital download licenses lost when switched to Xbox one s: when trying to play several games that we had purchased, we receive an error code telling us we do not have the game. When we go to the store it says the game is installed. I even attempted to...
  7. Audio Issues when switching between Watching Time Warner and Digital Antenna on XBOX ONE

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Issues when switching between Watching Time Warner and Digital Antenna on XBOX ONE: I have had issues lately that I cannot figure out and hope someone has advice. I have a Cable Box and Digital Antenna for watching live TV thru my XBOX ONE connected thru my Surround Sound system...
  8. Is there a way to have the digital output via HDMi automatically switch between DTS and Dolby ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a way to have the digital output via HDMi automatically switch between DTS and Dolby ...: It seems crazy that this doesn't seem to be an option. 792c2d8c-dbcd-4449-83cd-03887fdc91de
  9. How to switch between HMDI input and USB Digital TV Tuner on XBOX ONE?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to switch between HMDI input and USB Digital TV Tuner on XBOX ONE?: I've been using the Digital TV Tuner but now I want to watch something I recorded on Sky which is connected through the HDMI. How to get I switch back to viewing the HDMI input? Thanks, Andrew...
  10. Dolby digital/DTS Auto Switching

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby digital/DTS Auto Switching: How do we get Microsoft to add auto switching between Dolby digital and DTS in a future update, it is a bit of a pain in the bum, when watching bluray films and keep having to go into settings to...