syncing Dragon Quest XI on console corrupts the cloud save file and makes it unusable on PC

Discus and support syncing Dragon Quest XI on console corrupts the cloud save file and makes it unusable on PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Is anyone else having issues syncing DQXI between console and PC? The game was running fine until I wanted to try the game on my Xbox Series X (I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by assassinXI, Apr 11, 2021.

1. assassinXI
    assassinXI Guest

syncing Dragon Quest XI on console corrupts the cloud save file and makes it unusable on PC

Is anyone else having issues syncing DQXI between console and PC? The game was running fine until I wanted to try the game on my Xbox Series X (I wanted to see how it ran compared to my PC). After I played on my Xbox a bit, I tried syncing back to my PC to resume my save, but I couldn't. I kept getting "an unknown error occurred" on startup. The game is playable but is unable to save/load/create save files. The game works fine, if I play offline minus not being able to use my cloud save. After many uninstalls/reinstalls and resetting my pc, I have determined that syncing DQXI on console corrupts the cloud save on PC but still works on console and xcloud.

The demo for DQXI has the same issue so I have been doing a lot of testing there (since I don't want to lose my 50 hour save file in the full game). If the cloud save is deleted from everywhere and a fresh save is started on PC, the PC version runs perfectly until I sync to my Xbox Series X. If I delete the cloud save from everywhere and start a fresh save on console, the PC save file is broken from the start. Is anyone else able to replicate this? The full game is not required, I have been able to replicate it using only the demo

:)

assassinXI, Apr 11, 2021
  2. MRallamagoosa Win User

That one game you want on Xbox

Dragon Quest XI, I love the Dragon Quest games and this entry looks really good.

At least this one is available on PC too, so I'll get it there even if my pc is not on par with my xbox for gaming
  3. DevikM Win User

I don't know how to save at the cloud my save file of sunset overdrive from pc

It should save automatically on the cloud, everytime you start the game, it tries to sync with the cloud, the newest save file goes to the cloud, wether it's on your pc or xbox live,
  4. DrunkenAcid Win User

NBA 2k17 CORRUPTED FILE

What you can do is to sign in on the Xbox that has a file that is not corrupted and it should sync with the cloud when you start the game and exit, which should upload the save data from the local system back up to the cloud. From there you can get the save
    file back on your home system again from the cloud, it should sync it automatically when you start up the game.
  5. DrifterX22 Win User

My nba 2k20 file was corrupted

If it is corrupted on the local machine you can try removing that save and syncing to the cloud. However if the cloud save is also corrupted there is nothing that can be done.
  6. xFrancesx Win User

Ori and the will of the wisps unplayable

Hello,

I had a similiar problem with Ori and the Blind Forest, playing it on pc with Xbox Gamepass.

That night I saved and made 3 copies of the slot, the morning after the saves were gone, corrupted.

I couldn't locate the program files on my pc, probably because Microsoft doesn't save them in local but on cloud. Later I remembered the appearance of a window while I was playing that night, saying "We cannot sync with the cloud" or similiar but I ignored
    it, I later realized how important it was.

Probably it's a cloud syncing issue, try to fix it
    following this guide.

Good luck!
Thema:

1. syncing Dragon Quest XI on console corrupts the cloud save file and makes it unusable on PC - Similar Threads - syncing Dragon Quest

2. Sync problems between 2 xboxes on forza horizon 4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Sync problems between 2 xboxes on forza horizon 4: So i have to xboxes between my mum’s house and my dad’s house but there’s been a lot of sync issues.So the first time this happened i lost 10,000,000 credits because i put something up for auction...
  3. Minecraft world's not being synced

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft world's not being synced: So i still have my Minecraft worlds on my original xbox one but wanted to transfer over to the one x unfortunately it sais that it wasnt synced properly and when i go onto my original it sais to...
  4. Xbox One S all digital console sync button not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S all digital console sync button not working: I just got a new controller but my console sync button doesn't work. No matter how hard or how long I press it, it won't go into sync mode. I think I've had this issue ever since I got the...
  5. Minecraft Bedrock Edition worlds take forever to load, also syncing too?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Bedrock Edition worlds take forever to load, also syncing too?: So as a bit of a precursor, i live in the middle of nowhere with a 56k Connection, but i saved up my own money and bought myself an xbox, and minecraft. Whenever i boot up minecraft the normal...
  6. Xbox One WWE 2k18 & 2k19 not syncing data since last Thursday...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox One WWE 2k18 & 2k19 not syncing data since last Thursday...: Anyone having syncing issues with WWE 2K18 & 19.....I lost ALL my CAW's last Thursday and still pissed off because after reboot, re-synced, and uninstall / install it still messed up!? Any...
  7. What happens if you press and hold the sync button on Xbox for 10 seconds?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What happens if you press and hold the sync button on Xbox for 10 seconds?: Yesterday, I press and hold the sync button on my Xbox Series S for 10 seconds and I was wondering if that does Something. 02138497-44b7-470f-9da3-2c22af5d187a
  8. Fallout 4 not syncing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Fallout 4 not syncing: Hi so when my game trys to sync it gets stuck at 45% and I don't know what to do plz help. 6ade2b87-f3a4-47cc-88f8-b3c9c354b01c
  9. Syncing game save taking ages using win 10 cloud streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Syncing game save taking ages using win 10 cloud streaming: When testing cloud streaming through windows 10 browser does anyone else's save data take forever to sync, 30 mins it's been stuck on the syncing screen trying to boot up Forza Horizon 4, other...
  10. syncing Dragon Quest XI on console corrupts the cloud save file and makes it unusable on PC

in XboX Insiders
    syncing Dragon Quest XI on console corrupts the cloud save file and makes it unusable on PC: Is anyone else having issues syncing DQXI between console and PC? The game was running fine until I wanted to try the game on my Xbox Series X (I wanted to see how it ran compared to my PC). After...