Syncing saved game data issue.

Discus and support Syncing saved game data issue. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Xbox One X. I have had an error code pop up the last few days while trying to play certain games. Such as Skyrim, Forza Horizon 4. The code is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JakeCarlson1, Sep 7, 2021.

1. JakeCarlson1
    JakeCarlson1 Guest

I have a Xbox One X. I have had an error code pop up the last few days while trying to play certain games. Such as Skyrim, Forza Horizon 4. The code is (0x80831002) it says something like “ you need to sync your last saved game data”. I have reset my console and did a few restarts. and took all my games off the internal storage on to my ex. Drive to see if it would help. It didn’t the code is still popping up. It wouldn’t come up for about 30 minutes into a game and then it would pop up again. Plus, the Xbox feels a bit sluggish when it syncs right when I start a game from just restarting my Xbox. It gets to about 87% everytime then sits there for a minute then just suddenly not finishes. So I feel like it doesn’t really finish syncing but let’s me play for a few minutes then tells me to sync? I really don’t know what this could be caused from. I was wondering if anyone knew what a fix I could do at home would be.

Thanks.

:)

JakeCarlson1, Sep 7, 2021
  2. CruelComedy Win User

Dark souls 3 won't update calibrations

The Reddit workaround doesn't work for me anymore, and when trying to sync my data from the cloud it takes close to 20 minutes to reach 99% and stalls there for a while then fails. This is the only game that won't sync for me. The save data is only 8.8
    MB, this shouldn't be happening. I mentioned the sync issue to some friends, literally every single one of them are experiencing both the Calibration issue and the save sync issue.
  3. Francia J. Win User

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there despite the issue that you're experiencing. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regards to your concern.

It’s possible that the local save for your game has become corrupted. If so, deleting the local save and re-syncing with the cloud might correct the problem.

First, delete the local save:

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide and then select My games & apps > See all > Games.

2. Highlight the game title, and then press the Menu button on your controller.

3. Select Manage game & add-ons > Saved data.

4. Select Delete all to remove the local save of this game.

5. Select Delete all again to confirm.

After you delete the local save, restart your Xbox One console:

1. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your Xbox One controller to open the Power Center.

2. Select Restart console.

3. Select Restart.

After you restart your Xbox One console, re-sync your saved games to the cloud. Your saved games are automatically stored in the cloud while you’re connected to Xbox Live.

Before performing the steps make sure that you played the game online before to ensure that the saved games are on your cloud.
  4. Hordie Win User

Other console taking to long to sync

Hi Bombarder777,

Sorry you're having issues getting your game data to sync. I would suggest you go to the last console you played Minecraft on that's pending a sync. Open the game, and then allow it to sync data. After that exit the game. Then go to your other console
    and see if the data syncs correctly. if it does not then I would suggest trying a hard reset on the console that is having issues syncing your minecraft data. To do this, with the console on, hold the power button down for 5-10 seconds until it quickly shuts
    off. Then turn it back on, and follow the previous steps to open and sync data.

If you still cannot sync after that, you have an option to use the latest save from your console you're trying to open Minecraft on. If you cannot get it to sync at all, then I would suggest using the last save from that console. NOTE: You will lose some
    saved data by doing this.
  5. ChiefJoboo Win User

When starting a game offline and the sync data loads, could it retrieve my data to keep going?

You have to be online to sync data with the cloud. Your local save is always saved to your console. If you don't sync to the internet when you haven't in a while, if you somehow lose your saved data you can not sync it back, but you rather get the last synced
    data sent to the cloud.

For more info see here:
    https://support.xbox.com/games/game-setup/cloud-game-saves-faq
  6. EquableVoyage40 Win User

Sea of Thieves saved data got deleted

just reinstall the game.

The first time you start the game, your save data will be synced with the cloud save
    I was experiencing issues, this helped me!
Thema:

1. Syncing saved game data issue. - Similar Threads - Syncing saved game

2. Syncing game save taking ages using win 10 cloud streaming

in XboX Insiders
    Syncing game save taking ages using win 10 cloud streaming: When testing cloud streaming through windows 10 browser does anyone else's save data take forever to sync, 30 mins it's been stuck on the syncing screen trying to boot up Forza Horizon 4, other...
  3. Various errors including crashes when syncing cloud save games on Xbox One X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Various errors including crashes when syncing cloud save games on Xbox One X: I ran into an error a while ago that ended up completely bricking the internal hard drive on my Xbox after a game failed to save properly. Since then I've replaced the drive and everything works...
  4. Xbox Series X - game sync not getting current saved point

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X - game sync not getting current saved point: Just picked up new Xbox Series X yesterday and did all the updates and loaded No Man's Sky. The only save point it loads is one from 14th and not current one from Xbox one X. I have tried...
  5. Xbox 360 profile and game saves don't sync properly anymore

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox 360 profile and game saves don't sync properly anymore: Lately I've noticed that when I sign into 360 games on a different Xbox One and my Series X as well, my 360 profile in those games don't download correctly. The profile picture is randomized and...
  6. Xbox 360 profile & game saves not syncing anymore?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 profile & game saves not syncing anymore?: What's going on with Xbox 360 game saves and profiles? Lately whenever I sign into my 360 profile on new Xbox consoles such as my Series X, the profile doesn't download properly. The gamer pic,...
  7. Syncing save error every time I load a game, can't get onto any game on Series X!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Syncing save error every time I load a game, can't get onto any game on Series X!: Hello, I've been having a lot of problems since recently getting my Series X. Every time I try to load a game up I get the syncing game save to the cloud, but after a few minutes it stops and says...
  8. Multiple games not syncing cloud save to second computer

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple games not syncing cloud save to second computer: Hello, I have been recently playing Crusader Kings III recently, and despite the game's Windows Store page stating it supports "Xbox Live Cloud Saves", the game does not appear to use a cloud...
  9. Having issues with my xbox live account constant syncing saves for all xbox one games everyday

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Having issues with my xbox live account constant syncing saves for all xbox one games everyday: Not sure the console is causing this saving game issues or will I need to do a full console format or reset.The console is 3 years old and being doing this all year in 2020....
  10. When you upgrade to Series X, will your game saves sync properly?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When you upgrade to Series X, will your game saves sync properly?: As the title says really. When I sign in using the same account I have now onto a new Series X, will all my game saves be there? Is there anyway to make sure a backup has been made or is it all...