System Update hangs and does not continue

Discus and support System Update hangs and does not continue in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; [IMG] Hello Dear Community as well as Team of Xbox Insider, I have a problem since the last Alpha Skip Ahead Update (dated 08/24/19). And although... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/TiM2760, Aug 25, 2019.

1. /u/TiM2760
    /u/TiM2760 Guest

System Update hangs and does not continue [​IMG]

Hello Dear Community as well as Team of Xbox Insider,

I have a problem since the last Alpha Skip Ahead Update (dated 08/24/19). And although I come to the update only to checks 34% and then it does not continue. I have already tried several times to restart the console and pressed the power button for 10 seconds, unfortunately still the problem.

Earlier I wanted to reset the console and went so far but up to the point update, then follows the same problem again. Hope you can understand me, my English is not the best: D

EDIT:

Just again the console and my router restarted and there came suddenly this error message (for the first time)

See Image:

https://i.redd.it/bdclpipm4ni31.png

Sorry this Picture is in German :/

I hope you can help me System Update hangs and does not continue :)

Best regards TiM2760

submitted by /u/TiM2760
    [link] [comments]

/u/TiM2760, Aug 25, 2019
  2. wi7bit Win User

System update hanging

Thanks, no it's out of warranty but not old enough for the hard drive to have failed, or at least not in my expectations.
    A failing mechanical hard-drive will make little to no noise when failing, but game installs and console update will just start failing.

It is very common for them to fail, especially in game consoles because they are constantly in use. Even SSD's on the new consoles will have a limited life span, as they can only read/write so many times.

I would book it in for a repair or get a replacement.
  3. Supermum99 Win User

System update hanging

Thanks, yes we've tried the hard reset a few times 😭
  4. wi7bit Win User

System update hanging

Welcome Supermum99!

Sorry you're having issued with updating your console. The support site maybe inundated with support queries because of the current conditions in the world, so apologies...

To me (and if an other ambassador can can concur) that is sounds like the hard-drive is failing. This is common fault with mechanical drives after a period of time. You could have the same issue on any device that uses them.

Is it under warranty?
  5. Supermum99 Win User

System update hanging

Thanks, the only sound it makes is a low noise from the fan, which its done since day one so it doesn't look like its
    that.
  6. Supermum99 Win User

System update hanging

Oh dear, that's not what I wanted to hear. But thank you for your help anyway.
Thema:

1. System Update hangs and does not continue - Similar Threads - System Update hangs

2. System Update keeps kicking out. Code 0x80070570 0x00000000 0x90000005

in XBoX on Consoles
    System Update keeps kicking out. Code 0x80070570 0x00000000 0x90000005: My xbox one original has a system update it is requiring to run before i can do anything with it. The error code it is throwing is 0x80070570 0x00000000 0x90000005. I have tried running updates,...
  3. System Update

in XBoX on Consoles
    System Update: My Xbox One S will not update even when I downloaded a offline update. What do I do? ee9dd61b-b977-4de1-abf1-70b20c2a554b
  4. Stop pushing a system update everyday

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Stop pushing a system update everyday: I'm so sick of turning on my xbox then finding out I cant use it until I update the system which would take ages to download on my internet even if it was 200mb. 1c90ba6e-0df7-417b-bd50-ff9e217ff837
  5. Stop pushing a system update every day

in XboX Insiders
    Stop pushing a system update every day: I'm so sick of turning on my xbox then finding out I cant use it until I update the system which would take ages to download on my internet even if it was 200mb. submitted by /u/Outlawgarbage...
  6. Issue - system updates with Xcloud & Gamepass apps

in XboX Insiders
    Issue - system updates with Xcloud & Gamepass apps: Request- with Xbox Series X please have "System" updates especially Xbox insider (Alpha) Updates run in the background automatically (even when powered off) or pushed through a notification via...
  7. Xbox will not power on after system update

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox will not power on after system update: Just got a new system update and now the console doesn’t turn on. I have the original Xbox one and I’m in the beta testing group(last I checked anyway). The xbox makes a faint turn on sound when I...
  8. Beta update system whatever the newest one is.

in XboX Insiders
    Beta update system whatever the newest one is.: My one s just updated to the newest system for beta insiders and it wouldn't load after finishing then it said there was a problem with the updates and when I try to hit try again it just doesn't...
  9. 0x8b050033 error after system update from xbox insider preview update

in XboX Insiders
    0x8b050033 error after system update from xbox insider preview update: I just try to update to xbox insider preview system update and at the end of update it bring me that error and i can't log in to the internet even when i go to check internet all is fine. I press...
  10. System update hanging

in XBoX on Consoles
    System update hanging: I've tried loads of times over several days now but the system update just hangs every time. I've tried both online and off line update options, I've done the partial reset, I've even done the...