System Update (when trying to set up Xbox)

Discus and support System Update (when trying to set up Xbox) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I got an Xbox One X not too long ago, I connected to my Wi-Fi network with no problems whatsoever, I was told to update my console so I could get... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ShogunSeekOn42, Aug 15, 2019.

1. System Update (when trying to set up Xbox)

So I got an Xbox One X not too long ago, I connected to my Wi-Fi network with no problems whatsoever, I was told to update my console so I could get started, I waited 2-3 days for the update to finish, and then I got an 8007X error code. So then I had
    my brother help me download the OSU1 file from his Windows while using Chrome, but then it stopped when a little over 4 gigs were finished downloading.... I'm stuck trying to get a piece of freakin' hardware to get the UPDATE that it needs to work while I
    seemingly wait for days and days..... Anyone have this happen to them, or have any ideas on how to get an online/offline update to download completely? Specific browser needed on Windows?

:)

ShogunSeekOn42, Aug 15, 2019
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

If you can, try a Wired connection to your or a friends router.

Connect the console to the router via cable and turn on console, and do a Factory reset.

You shouldn't need to use OSUs if you have a stable Network.
  3. Boom B00M Boom Win User

This should not take 2 - 3 days. It should not take one day either.

This may mean that the download failed because:

• The Xbox Live service is temporarily unavailable.
    • There is a connectivity issue.
    • Your console can't reach the software update servicing host.

Solution

Solution 1: Check the Xbox Live service status

If you see any alerts here, wait until the service is up and running and try again:

[​IMG]

8/12/2019, 8:55:42 PM
    [​IMG]

Solution 2: Test your Xbox Live connection

If you've previously been able to connect to Xbox Live using your current console and network setup, try testing your Xbox Live connection to confirm that you're connected. Here's how:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.

[table][tr][td][​IMG][/td][/tr][/table]

1. Select settings, System Settings, and then Network Settings.
    2. Select the name of your Wireless Network, or select Wired Network for a wired connection.
    3. Select Test Xbox Live Connection.
    If you can't connect to Xbox Live, the Connection Test will show where in the connection process the error occurs. It will also tell you what type of error it is. Note this information, and then go to the Xbox
    Connection Error Solution
    to resolve the problem.

Solution 3: Check the Xbox Disconnect Solution

To resolve this problem, try the Xbox Disconnect Solution. 360 Solution is shown.

If you continue to experience the problem, contact Xbox Support.
  4. TimidestSiren999 Win User

Just tried what you suggested. Failed again during the download step with 48MB remaining.
  5. TimidestSiren999 Win User

I have the exact same problem.

The XBOX one console prompted to update but failed during download (49MB remaining). I rebooted many times, hard shut down, even reset the console, but always stuck at 49MB remaining. I've tried on different days since last Friday. Note, my xbox drive
    have over 90% free storage.

Then I tried to download the OSU1 file using a wired connection (I have 200Mb internet speed). I downloaded 3 times, 2 with Chrome, 1 with Edge browser. The download failed all 3 times at 4.34GB.

Based on what I've tried so far, I am sure it is not my internet problem.

I checked the Microsoft service status. All are up

Now my xbox is completely stuck! Because I did reset, I don't even have an option to play offline. Microsoft support, what's your answer please?
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

I have the exact same problem.

The XBOX one console prompted to update but failed during download (49MB remaining). I rebooted many times, hard shut down, even reset the console, but always stuck at 49MB remaining. I've tried on different days since last Friday. Note, my xbox drive
    have over 90% free storage.

Then I tried to download the OSU1 file using a wired connection (I have 200Mb internet speed). I downloaded 3 times, 2 with Chrome, 1 with Edge browser. The download failed all 3 times at 4.34GB.

Based on what I've tried so far, I am sure it is not my internet problem.

I checked the Microsoft service status. All are up

Now my xbox is completely stuck! Because I did reset, I don't even have an option to play offline. Microsoft support, what's your answer please?
    Try this...

Disconnect your console from power.

Power cycle the router and wait... until it is fully functional BEFORE plugging power back into console and turn on TV, then console.
Thema:

1. System Update (when trying to set up Xbox) - Similar Threads - System Update trying

2. Trying to do system update keep getting error code half way through

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to do system update keep getting error code half way through: Split from this thread. I have the same problem. The update fails as soon as I get to “applying update”phase. This solution doesnt work as it requires the Xbox to be online. I cant get the xbox...
  3. Trying to do system update keep getting error code half way thru

in XBoX on Consoles
    Trying to do system update keep getting error code half way thru: the code does not come show in any error codes 0e4f9a68-11af-4c27-84ca-f836a5254dd8
  4. My xbox 360 keep getting error code while trying to update the system

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 keep getting error code while trying to update the system: i haven't played my xbox 360 for couple years, when i got a new game from my friend i put it in the disk then it asked me if i wanted to update the system, i choose yes. However, the updating...
  5. E200, E101 Error, I've tried Offline System Update and Factory Reset

in XBoX on Consoles
    E200, E101 Error, I've tried Offline System Update and Factory Reset: I can't start my Xbox since the Error E200 is showing, I tried the Offline System Update with OSU1 files and still couldn't because of the preview program (My OS is...
  6. trying to update but keep on getting a system error e100 message

in XBoX on Consoles
    trying to update but keep on getting a system error e100 message: i tried to factory reset and it does nothing nothings working need help c38a0a47-2c13-4955-8352-21119c17d17a
  7. My Xbox keeps downloading and trying to install the last system update

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox keeps downloading and trying to install the last system update: I have tried downloading the last system update at least nine times. Every single time it downloads my system reboots goes through the blinking power lights like it's installing but when I turn...
  8. Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool doesnt work when i try it!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Offline System Update Diagnostic Tool doesnt work when i try it!: My Xbox recently had this problem where it doesnt turn on and kept frozen for over 1 hour! and i asked an Xbox support and they said it might be because of the Preview Program! So can anyone from...
  9. Getting an error code while trying to update system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting an error code while trying to update system: My son is a part of the early preview program and while trying to install the latest update he received an error code starting with E204. After calling Xbox support several times and even...
  10. I am trying to install the new system update for Xbox one

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am trying to install the new system update for Xbox one: It says it was a success and says it is restarting, but never does. When I reboot it goes back to the update screen and tells me to update the system. I have tried to do it all day with the same...