"Taken" Gamertag

Discus and support "Taken" Gamertag in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I have a new idea for a gamertag, and went to check to see if anyone had the name. When I do this, I search all of xbox to see if a profile exists. To... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by I am Bdog, May 23, 2020.

1. I am Bdog
    I am Bdog Guest

"Taken" Gamertag

I have a new idea for a gamertag, and went to check to see if anyone had the name. When I do this, I search all of xbox to see if a profile exists. To my luck, when I searched the possible gamertag, nobody showed up. But then when I went to change my username,
    I was stuck with numbers behind it. I'm confused because it appears nobody has it, yet I can't use it.

:)

I am Bdog, May 23, 2020
  2. Undead Rodder Win User

Gamertag Taken But Not Taken??

if the system says it's taken, then it's taken. The tag system is in use on other Microsoft services, so even if it's not in use on an Xbox, it may be in use somewhere else. The system also doesn't see things like spaces as making a gamertag unique. So while
    you might look up "gamertag" and it doesn't show up, it might actually be in use as "gamer tag".
    Ah, all right. Thank you.
  3. voteDC Win User

Gamertag taken but not taken????

They could be in use on the Zune, as that shares the 'gamertag' system.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Gamertag Taken But Not Taken??

if the system says it's taken, then it's taken. The tag system is in use on other Microsoft services, so even if it's not in use on an Xbox, it may be in use somewhere else. The system also doesn't see things like spaces as making a gamertag unique. So while
    you might look up "gamertag" and it doesn't show up, it might actually be in use as "gamer tag".
  5. Deja Vu Skies Win User

Taken Gamertags

I have some old gamertags that I want to reuse but need to wait on Microsoft to clear them up. If you send the gamertag you want a friend invite from a tag that you are using it will show as a pending friend request. If the gamertag is being used it will
    be either accepted or rejected, but if it just disapears then it has been made available for use again.
  6. UnivocalBean944 Win User

Gamertag NOT taken, but...

Disappointing. But it still doesn't explain why this site said it was available when it was giving me available suggestions.
Thema:

"Taken" Gamertag

1. "Taken" Gamertag - Similar Threads - Taken Gamertag

2. Gamertag taken?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag taken?: So i was looking to change my gamer tag to match my name on other sites but the name i want AcidicDragon is taken and has been inactive for 13 years. Is there any way i can get this gamer tag?...
  3. Its saying a gamertag is taken when it definitely is NOT taken.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Its saying a gamertag is taken when it definitely is NOT taken.: Normally XBL doesnt annoy me, but I am so frustrated right now. I was on a second account searching for a new Gamertag, and after just about 2 hours I found the perfect fit considering my...
  4. I want to go back to an old gamertag on my xbox account, but it claims it is taken.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I want to go back to an old gamertag on my xbox account, but it claims it is taken.: I made an accidental name change a few months back and I now have 10 dollars to change it back. When i typed in my old gamertag it said it either wasn't allowed or it was already taken. (By the...
  5. Gamertag I want is showing as taken when it's not

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag I want is showing as taken when it's not: I want to change my gamertag, but I don't want the numbers behind it. Multiple sources (gamertag.net, checkgamertag.com, etc.) say the gamertag I want isn't taken yet, but when I go to change it,...
  6. Gamertag is taken even though everywhere says its not

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gamertag is taken even though everywhere says its not: I can't use the gamertag I want without a number suffix even though on every site it says the gamertag is free. I make the assumption that it is tied to an account that no longer exists or has...
  7. My gamertag has numbers next to it despite not being taken

in XBoX on Consoles
    My gamertag has numbers next to it despite not being taken: I recently changed my gamertag as what i wanted at first was unavailable in the old system, and despite my username not being in use by anyone else, it has numbers at the end of it. Can anyone...
  8. [SOLVED]Gamertag is taken but not in use Gamertag ist nicht verfügbar aber auch nicht benutzt

in XBoX on Consoles
    [SOLVED]Gamertag is taken but not in use Gamertag ist nicht verfügbar aber auch nicht benutzt: I tried to change my Gamertag but it says "Name already taken" I looked up if someone already got the name but no one has the name. Ich hab versucht meinen Gamertag zu ändern aber dort steht nur,...
  9. Gears 5 gamertag already taken

in XBoX on Windows
    Gears 5 gamertag already taken: Hi. I opened the game for the first time on Steam. it wanted me to join with xbox live account. So I did create a new outlook account in game, changed my gamertag and started to play. After a...
  10. Gamertag I want is taken, I think by me. What can I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag I want is taken, I think by me. What can I do: So I just got an Xbox finally, went through the setup, and chose a gamertag, but the one I wanted, that use for everything was taken. But there is no activity, and if I look up the account, the...