TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...

Discus and support TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all, Just a bit of advice as I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something correctly. I have a pair of bluetooth headphones from TaoTronics. I wanted to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Amstel_za, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Amstel_za
    Amstel_za Guest

TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...

Hi all,

Just a bit of advice as I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something correctly.

I have a pair of bluetooth headphones from TaoTronics. I wanted to use these with my Xbox One and purchased a Turtle Beach Audio Adaptor (yes I know the manufactures are different but the Amazon reviews indicated it worked with a variety of other headsets).
    I have set up the headphones and adaptor and followed the instructions but despite the fact that I can hear sounds from Xbox (whether game or YouTube, etc) the mic just doesn't seem to work. I can hear people playing games and in-game chat but just can't get
    the mic working.

The bluetooth headphones work with my phone and via skype for business on my laptop so the mic does work but once I've connected the headphones to the adaptor via a 3.5mm audio jack the mic just doesn't seem to register with Xbox One.

So my question is: how do I get to the bottom of why the integrated mic in the headphones doesn't seem to work with the Xbox One. Do I have the wrong adaptor?

Many thanks

Ben

:)

Amstel_za, Aug 24, 2019
  2. TheSpiralMatrix Win User

Why I am getting a PS4 first. ( Non Fanboy)

[quote user="Burst Axe"]

Its not confirmed that turtle beaches work on PS4. Just sayin. People really need to get their facts straight when spending their money. Unless Turtle Beaches are wireless.

[/quote]

The Turtle Beaches I have are wireless and sync via Bluetooth so they will fully work on it. Wired headsets however will not work for chat just audio only.

-

Basically any headset that uses fiber optic audio and bluetooth chat will work on ps4 regardless of brand.
  3. Boom B00M Boom Win User

USB audio???????

I have a pair of Turtle Beach wireless headphones
    with a usb audio connection and the mic works great!
  4. Dachand3 Win User

Are non-xbox 360 headphones compatible with xbox 360?

Not headphones, the controller plug is smaller and used for chat, headphones won't fit. My 360 Turtle beach headset gets its game audio from the TV too.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio Controller Plus (Xbox One)

Hi there Amstel_za,

Thanks for the reply. In reference to your question, the headset will not be compatible for the Xbox Console. I recommend trying a different headset to help resolve the issue. Check out this article: Attach
    an Xbox One Chat Headset to an Xbox One Wireless Controller

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  6. Amstel_za Win User

TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio Controller Plus (Xbox One)

Wow so many replies so quicly! Great forum :)

Right ok...I was hoping to be able to retrofit my existing headset instead of having to purchase a new one but maybe there isn't much of an option.

I was under the impression that the jack connection from the headphones to the Xbox One adaptor would work as I'm going through the adaptor via wifi. I'm not trying to use the bluetooth component - I'm more than happy to plug the jack into it. Maybe I'm
    just not understanding this properly.

In terms of times (100ms behind everyone else) I'm not too worried, it's mostly playing with family/friends so the lag isn't likely to be a huge problem. I was just hoping to avoid splashing out on another headset when I had one to hand.
Thema:

1. TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio... - Similar Threads - TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones

2. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Bluetooth connectivity issues on Windows 10

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Bluetooth connectivity issues on Windows 10: I have the infamous problem where my brand new Elite controller randomly disconnects while playing games. This causes the game to lag for a few seconds until it's completely disconnected. It stays...
  3. Elite Series 2 Controller PC Bluetooth Disconnect

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite Series 2 Controller PC Bluetooth Disconnect: I recently got an Elite 2 controller to play 2K on my PC. After successfully paired and connected it with my PC, in the next few days, I have experienced a frequent disconnection. The Xbox button...
  4. How to disable XBOX ONE Wireless controller bluetooth/RF connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to disable XBOX ONE Wireless controller bluetooth/RF connection?: Hi everyone, I have connected the XBOX ONE wirelless controller to my XBOX using a USB cable and works fine. Now I want to disable/deactivate the Bluetooth/RF for the XBOX ONE wireless...
  5. How to reconnect Xbox One Controller to PC via Bluetooth after it was paired and turned off...

in XBoX on Windows
    How to reconnect Xbox One Controller to PC via Bluetooth after it was paired and turned off...: I can't seem to figure it out or find answer online. Do I have to re-paid it with my PC every time I turn on Bluetooth and the controller? PS: like Dualshock4 reconnects to my PC automatically...
  6. bluetooth keyboard and mouse support in project xcloud?

in XboX Insiders
    bluetooth keyboard and mouse support in project xcloud?: I dont need help i just need some information about keyboard and mouse. On the xbox one there is keyboard and mouse support on a couple of games but im not sure if k&m support is on the project...
  7. Connectivity via Bluetooth

in XBoX on Mobile
    Connectivity via Bluetooth: I have had an ipad pro and have been able to pair my xbox one x exclusive controller to my ipad and played many games with it, I have also purchased an xbox elite series 2 controller but i seem to...
  8. My Xbox Controller's bluetooth is not working with PC after update to 4.8.1923 firmware

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox Controller's bluetooth is not working with PC after update to 4.8.1923 firmware: Hi, Last week I updated my Xbox One firmware to 4.8.1923. From that day up until today my Xbox one controller couldn't connect to my PC via bluetooth anymore. It worked before this. To make it...
  9. Headphones not working when connected to pc via bluetooth.

in XBoX on Windows
    Headphones not working when connected to pc via bluetooth.: Hi, just want to ask. My xbox one controller's headphones work when connected via usb but when I connect it via bluetooth the headphones won't work. This is on pc environment. What can I do to...
  10. Bluetooth transmitter "haptic feedback vest"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bluetooth transmitter "haptic feedback vest": Hey guys, so heres the run down. I am currently using: Astro a40 optical spdif headset. Im trying to add in a "woojer" haptic feedback vest, while still maintaining party chat functionality....