TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...

Discus and support TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi all, Just a bit of advice as I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something correctly. I have a pair of bluetooth headphones from TaoTronics. I wanted to... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Amstel_za, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Amstel_za
    Amstel_za Guest

TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...

Hi all,

Just a bit of advice as I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something correctly.

I have a pair of bluetooth headphones from TaoTronics. I wanted to use these with my Xbox One and purchased a Turtle Beach Audio Adaptor (yes I know the manufactures are different but the Amazon reviews indicated it worked with a variety of other headsets).
    I have set up the headphones and adaptor and followed the instructions but despite the fact that I can hear sounds from Xbox (whether game or YouTube, etc) the mic just doesn't seem to work. I can hear people playing games and in-game chat but just can't get
    the mic working.

The bluetooth headphones work with my phone and via skype for business on my laptop so the mic does work but once I've connected the headphones to the adaptor via a 3.5mm audio jack the mic just doesn't seem to register with Xbox One.

So my question is: how do I get to the bottom of why the integrated mic in the headphones doesn't seem to work with the Xbox One. Do I have the wrong adaptor?

Many thanks

Ben

:)

Amstel_za, Aug 24, 2019
  2. TheSpiralMatrix Win User

Why I am getting a PS4 first. ( Non Fanboy)

[quote user="Burst Axe"]

Its not confirmed that turtle beaches work on PS4. Just sayin. People really need to get their facts straight when spending their money. Unless Turtle Beaches are wireless.

[/quote]

The Turtle Beaches I have are wireless and sync via Bluetooth so they will fully work on it. Wired headsets however will not work for chat just audio only.

-

Basically any headset that uses fiber optic audio and bluetooth chat will work on ps4 regardless of brand.
  3. Boom B00M Boom Win User

USB audio???????

I have a pair of Turtle Beach wireless headphones
    with a usb audio connection and the mic works great!
  4. Dachand3 Win User

Are non-xbox 360 headphones compatible with xbox 360?

Not headphones, the controller plug is smaller and used for chat, headphones won't fit. My 360 Turtle beach headset gets its game audio from the TV too.
  5. XBF Crystal P Win User

TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio Controller Plus (Xbox One)

Hi there Amstel_za,

Thanks for the reply. In reference to your question, the headset will not be compatible for the Xbox Console. I recommend trying a different headset to help resolve the issue. Check out this article: Attach
    an Xbox One Chat Headset to an Xbox One Wireless Controller

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  6. Amstel_za Win User

TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio Controller Plus (Xbox One)

Wow so many replies so quicly! Great forum :)

Right ok...I was hoping to be able to retrofit my existing headset instead of having to purchase a new one but maybe there isn't much of an option.

I was under the impression that the jack connection from the headphones to the Xbox One adaptor would work as I'm going through the adaptor via wifi. I'm not trying to use the bluetooth component - I'm more than happy to plug the jack into it. Maybe I'm
    just not understanding this properly.

In terms of times (100ms behind everyone else) I'm not too worried, it's mostly playing with family/friends so the lag isn't likely to be a huge problem. I was just hoping to avoid splashing out on another headset when I had one to hand.
Thema:

1. TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio... - Similar Threads - TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones

2. Cant connect bluetooth controller to game streaming app

in XboX Insiders
    Cant connect bluetooth controller to game streaming app: I want to stream games from my console everything is checked off and now im at the point where i have to pair my controller and when i attempt to press the button for 3 seconds and check bluetooth...
  3. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 bluetooth issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 bluetooth issue: Lots of people with Z370 & Z390 motherboard have continuous bluetooth disconnection and game studder issue. Can microsoft give us an ETA of this known issue? if you are unable to solve it...
  4. An Odd issue using A Bluetooth controller

in XboX Insiders
    An Odd issue using A Bluetooth controller: I paired my Xbox One Bluetooth Controller... To my device and Two times it worked until I had to take focus off of the app and came back to it. After that The guide button, Y, B, A (possibly the X...
  5. How do i get my non-bluetooth Xbox Controller to work with xbox streaming preview app on...

in XboX Insiders
    How do i get my non-bluetooth Xbox Controller to work with xbox streaming preview app on...: [IMG] submitted by /u/parney2000 [link] [comments]
  6. Elite 2 Controller Bluetooth conflict causes crash

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite 2 Controller Bluetooth conflict causes crash: Super excited to get my new elite 2 but is isn't getting used. I had a problem of uncontrolled movement and then freeze, glitchy sound while playing Call of Duty MW remastered and then it kicks me...
  7. Xbox One Elite Controller 2 won't work with Bluetooth

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox One Elite Controller 2 won't work with Bluetooth: Dear Community, Since two days i'm trying to get my new controller working properly. It works on the XBox One X and on the PC via USB. But, altough it connects via Bluetooth, the controller just...
  8. Can't find elite controller 2 via bluetooth after update.

in XBoX on Windows
    Can't find elite controller 2 via bluetooth after update.: My elite controller series 2 connected to my Windows 10 fine via Bluetooth. But after I update it to the latest firmware, it doesn't work. And when I tried to re-pair it, my pc can't find the...
  9. Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Bluetooth issue

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 Bluetooth issue: Whenever I connect the new elite controller via Bluetooth to my gaming laptop after 2 or 3 minutes while playing my game the controller disconnects. I have already ran the update on my controller...
  10. Bluetooth controller buttons are scrambled on Android

in XboX Insiders
    Bluetooth controller buttons are scrambled on Android: Can't even stream my games or play MCPE which is frustrating My controller is on the latest firmware submitted by /u/Alacrityyy [link] [comments]