Target did not activate my Xbox live prepaid card

Discus and support Target did not activate my Xbox live prepaid card in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; So I bought a 3 month subscription for XBox live. I got home tried to redeem the code and it stated that the retailer did not activate the card. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by drewdog890, Jul 6, 2019.

1. drewdog890
    drewdog890 Guest

So I bought a 3 month subscription for XBox live. I got home tried to redeem the code and it stated that the retailer did not activate the card. I waited the 24 hour period and tried again and it still did not work. I went back to Target and she said she
    was unable to help and that I needed to contact Microsoft. So here i am back at square one. Any suggestions on how I can resolve this.

:)

drewdog890, Jul 6, 2019
  2. ArminatorX Win User

Unfortunately, this is really only Target's responsibility. Microsoft can't know if the store forgot to activate the card, or if the card is actually stolen.

So Microsoft can't activate the card for you.

You need to return to the store with a proof of purchase (i.e. the receipt), and THEY have to activate the card or talk to Microsoft on how to resolve that.
  3. ThorX360 Win User

So I bought a 3 month subscription for XBox live. I got home tried to redeem the code and it stated that the retailer did not activate the card. I waited the 24 hour period and tried again and it still did not work. I went back to Target and she
    said she was unable to help and that I needed to contact Microsoft. So here i am back at square one. Any suggestions on how I can resolve this.
    Hi,

I'm sorry about this issue. First of all I suggest you to follow this guide:

https://support.xbox.com/billing/prepaid-codes/prepaid-code-errors

Maybe it can helps. If you find out that the code isn't active, you should come back to the retailer and ask him to check again.
  4. Daft Badger Win User

Yeah,denis97g is right.You need to go back to Target & they have to activate the code.

If they refuse again ask politely to speak to the manager & explain the situation to him/her.
  5. Allebas Win User

Hi Drewdog890,

If you was charged for and it was not activated you need to go back to the store and speak to the STORE manager. They would be able to assist you more than a manager. If they don't help you need to contact the Target corporation.https://contactus.target.com/
    Someone will help you. I deal with stuff like this all the time because I work as a customer service rep. There are plenty of times a customer comes back to store after they were charged for a card that wasn't activated. They have a way of seeing if the
    card was activate or not. This is why it important to speak the store manger and if they don't help call corporate on them.
  6. denis97g Win User

I think that only the retailer where you bought the code can activate it,. you can also try to contact support at
    support.xbox.com and see if they can help.
Thema:

1. Target did not activate my Xbox live prepaid card - Similar Threads - Target did activate

2. (PC) Game Pass Xbox (Beta) app, We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live Authentication target...

in XBoX on Windows
    (PC) Game Pass Xbox (Beta) app, We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live Authentication target...: Since the announcement of E3 i have been trying to sign into the new Xbox (beta) app on my windows desktop. and no matter what i do i get: We couldn't sign you in to Xbox Live Authentication...
  3. ABUSE REPORT I am target by people from an enemy faction in one game..

in XBoX on Consoles
    ABUSE REPORT I am target by people from an enemy faction in one game..: I think people target me by reporting something who i dont know.. I tryed asking to the assistance but they say anything helpful.. Anyway im there to ask to get unbanned or someone to get a look...
  4. Unfairly targeted by Microsoft Terminators

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unfairly targeted by Microsoft Terminators: Hello boys and girls this is me silverfox and I sure do have a bone to pick with the people who decided to take away my services that I paid for. See this all started yesterday night between...
  5. People, the Vault will remain empty. Head on over to Macy's, Target, Walmart, Amazon for gift ...

in XBoX Rewards
    People, the Vault will remain empty. Head on over to Macy's, Target, Walmart, Amazon for gift ...: lmao I can buy it at about 100 different online retailers but not here. why? because they are purposely trying to screw us out of our rewards. c0b55df5-85c0-4759-baa8-bcbde9b2a062
  6. Did Microsoft Enforcement target me because of my religion?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Did Microsoft Enforcement target me because of my religion?: Since xbox enforcement has no way to contact them I'm posting this here to have it addressed. My gamerpic has been suspended and I need a justifiable reason for it. My gamerpic was the Jerusalem...
  7. Targeted by bullys when playing destiny 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Targeted by bullys when playing destiny 2: playing destiny 2 8 others players start attacking me and found a way to kill me other and other trying to get me to quit now I do have video of them doing this how can I report my video so...
  8. Minecraft xbox one edition, pre-installed from Target, disappeared

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft xbox one edition, pre-installed from Target, disappeared: Minecraft Xbox One Edition disappeared from or console and account. It came pre-installed from Target. The add-ons are still there. On the phone with Microsoft the say Target may have withdrawn my...
  9. Getting banned because of being targeted by a group of people. Didn't like what I said....

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting banned because of being targeted by a group of people. Didn't like what I said....: "So, I have already posted this in another forum, but lets go over more details. I got ban. Under the Code of Conduct, anyone who violates the rules regarding verbal communication (two way...
  10. Targeted Harassment on Looking for Group

in XBoX on Consoles
    Targeted Harassment on Looking for Group: I Contacted Xbox Live Support and they told me to post on the forums ASAP about this situation. two users by the name OGX DRACULAA and TAY10RxGANG both Verbally assaulted me in the Xbox Live Party...