Tax

Discus and support Tax in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So if I buy a a game that is 10.00$ and I have 10.74$ how much would I pay for tax? 71d5dbec-e917-4bd9-90fd-97392ff5a1a8 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by kristina-0293, Apr 7, 2020.

1. Tax

So if I buy a a game that is 10.00$ and I have 10.74$ how much would I pay for tax?

:)

kristina-0293, Apr 7, 2020
  2. sniffles x Win User

Tax

Well it depends what state you live in...but you say you are in the UK. If this is true, I recommend that you purchase content from the GB store.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-gb/
  3. HyperVenom523 Win User

Tax

It will depend on what state you are or region you should try to see if they charge you taxes
  4. PalmettoBling Win User

Tax

It is regional, and in some regions it can be more specific, such as in the US some states require digital sales tax while others do not, so it can vary quite a bit. If you initiate the purcahse, prior to the last confirm, it should mention if there is
    tax included and you can see it from there with the full price of the purcahse. You can check that and decide before full confirmation if you want to purcahse the title or not.
  5. RandyAU93 Win User

Tax

That will depend solely on where you live. Some countries charge sales tax on digital purchases, while others do not. Even in a single country, some regions charge that tax, and others do not. Your best bet is to contact your country/region's department
    of revenue or taxation and ask if they charge sales taxes on such purchases.

That said, if you attempt the purchase with your gift card and it asks for another payment method to pay off the rest, that would answer your question, as well. You can always back out of the purchase before you confirm it, of course.
  6. Jaymo1978 Win User

Tax

Any resident living within the European Union who purchases something from a country outside of the EU would be paying Value Added Tax as well as Customs/Excise Duty based on their specific region. Unfortunately, the only way to know that would be to look
    up your area's VAT and Customs Duty charge before making your purchase. If the item you're purchasing is a digital store item rather than a physical disc, I don't know if Customs applies (since that usually only applies to physical items that need to be searched/verified.)
    I do think, though, that some areas area beginning to charge Customs Duties on digital downloads as well.

Not having purchased something that way, I can't say how it gets charged to you, but if it goes like it does here in the States, the cost of the taxes are calculated based on your location and added to the purchase price of your item. So, if you look up
    what the tax rates are in your area for those things, then add them to the $99, that should give you a close ballpark of what you would pay total.
Thema:

Tax

1. Tax - Similar Threads - Tax

2. Xbox account keeps billing tax from a state where I don't live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox account keeps billing tax from a state where I don't live: I reside in a state (Montana) where there is no sales tax. Every time I make a purchase (I use PayPal, which draws from my Montana-based bank account and debit/credit cards) from the Xbox Store...
  3. Tax refund

in XBoX on Consoles
    Tax refund: Hi! I have purchased an xbox one x from Microsoft online. I delivered them at US address (California state) and going to take it outside US (for permanent use). I understand that I can get sales...
  4. providing tax info for mixer monetization

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    providing tax info for mixer monetization: I was just trying to get some help with getting my tax info through to the Microsoft partner center. I have everything else completed within the 4 steps that are provided for you from Mixer. I was...
  5. Question about sales tax?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about sales tax?: I live in Tennessee that has a sales tax of 9.250% and am a little confused about how much tax is applied to Xbox Live orders. Is the tax rate the same regardless of the fact that its online or is...
  6. moved and i keep being taxed by xbox but not PSN or Steam

in XBoX Accessibility
    moved and i keep being taxed by xbox but not PSN or Steam: i moved to FL about 3 years now and i did not know that in order for me do stop being taxed i had to change my address and update all my xbox info but for PSN and Steam where i still have not done...
  7. Sales tax

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Sales tax: How much would be tax in my states bbef001a-0c1c-44b0-b22d-253fafaea67e
  8. taxes

in XBoX on Consoles
    taxes: Hello My Xbox one was sent to a center service in Mexico for reparation , some days ago I received a notification with a track number of FEDEX so when the product arrived my home. Fedex required...
  9. Sales taxes for online purchases in Arizona

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Sales taxes for online purchases in Arizona: Why does Microsoft charge me, in AZ, 10% sales tax? AZ sales tax is 8.5%. dfac12a9-8a44-4857-a130-53eaf85ffa18
  10. Why Microsoft charge the same price as what buying as taxes

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Why Microsoft charge the same price as what buying as taxes: Hello, im in Connecticut, fir some reason when trying to buy a 10$ worth of robux it says $9.99 plus application taxes so i have to buy it with 20$. e361c52f-b954-443a-8df7-a9d427d425bf