Tech issues: Xbox One bandwidth usage page showing I've used 1.5 million TB last month...

Discus and support Tech issues: Xbox One bandwidth usage page showing I've used 1.5 million TB last month... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So the past 3 months I've gone over my 1 TB data allowance with Comcast, and I've been going through all of my devices to figure out why, since... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by JF CntMltStlBms, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Tech issues: Xbox One bandwidth usage page showing I've used 1.5 million TB last month...

So the past 3 months I've gone over my 1 TB data allowance with Comcast, and I've been going through all of my devices to figure out why, since historically my monthly usage average was ~600 GB.

Well I went into my Xbox One settings and went to the Bandwidth Usage screen.

For the month of August, it says I used "11,409.15 TB" of bandwidth and then in September it says I used "1,551,860.35 TB" of data. Obviously this is incorrect as that amount of data is ridiculous, but regardless, the spikes
    in my usage history on the Xbox itself coincide with the spikes I'm seeing with Comcast.

My Xbox was averaging around 125 GB per month up until August. Would anyone know why this could be happening or what else I can do to figure out what's going on?

:)

JF CntMltStlBms, Oct 28, 2018
  2. This Bandwidth is Insane can anyone explain this?

What? 75566 TB? In one day? No, I would hazard a guess and say that it isn't showing your bandwidth correctly. Most modern routers have bandwidth logs that should show your usage. I would go with these over what the console says.

Obsessive Power, Oct 28, 2018
  3. Xbox One is using insane amounts of data!?

My bandwidth usage on my Xbox one is saying I've used up to 60,000 TB in a month! I use my console about 2 or 3 times a week and only download 2 games a month maximum. Anyone have any ideas on what could be causing this? I will attach a picture as well.

Tech issues: Xbox One bandwidth usage page showing I've used 1.5 million TB last month... [​IMG]

OnlyParachute6, Oct 28, 2018
  4. XBF George L
    XBF George L Guest

Tech issues: Xbox One bandwidth usage page showing I've used 1.5 million TB last month...

Hello JF!

Thanks for bringing this issue to our forums. I understand that you're having unusual readings regarding your data usage on Xbox One. It sounds like you have had this problem with your internet service provider and its now coming out from your Xbox One bandwidth
    reports. Have you contacted Comcast themselves to see if it may be some type of error on their end or just a false reading? The amount of data displayed has to be a mistake as there is no possible way that amount of data could have been used by a gaming console
    in that amount of time. Please give a few more details regarding the situation in order to be able to best assist you.

Looking forward to your reply

Thanks for reaching out

XBF George L, Oct 28, 2018
  5. SLB4EVERPT
    SLB4EVERPT Guest
    Seems like a small bug, usually this bugs make issues with the console, only shows wrong information.

You are in the insider preview program?

SLB4EVERPT, Oct 28, 2018
  6. Hey George,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have not contacted Comcast yet but I will be doing that soon if I can't get this data usage under control.

In August and September, I saw my usage increase and get me close to the 1TB limit I have with Comcast. This month I went over, and I've been trying to figure out why.

My router traffic statistics show that the Xbox isn't the main culprit, but when I went into the "Bandwidth usage" menu in the settings, that's where I saw those crazy numbers. I don't understand why the Xbox would show such high numbers but the router itself
    is showing completely different numbers.

I've just now done a hard reset (factory reset but I chose the "keep my games and apps" option, and since I've done that about 15 minutes ago, the bandwidth usage on the xbox says I've already used 287 TB

The whole thing is very strange and I'm just confused as to what's going on.

7. I definitely think it could be a bug. I'm not sure if I'm in the preview program, how would I check that? (If I don't know, that probably means I'm not in it lol)

8. XBF Chris J
    XBF Chris J Guest

Hey JF,

You are right there. In order to be in the insider program you would have had to have been invited by someone else that is already in the program.

You can also double check your Operating system version. Console in the preview program will have a different version than everyone else. The current OS version that
    everyone is on is OS version: 10.0.17763.2023. You can find your consoles OS version this way :

1. Press the Xbox button to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings.
    3. Select System > Console info.
    4. Your OS version is located in the second row.

XBF Chris J, Nov 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Tech issues: Xbox One bandwidth usage page showing I've used 1.5 million TB last month... - Similar Threads - Tech issues bandwidth

2. Game literally does not work. ROCKSTAR tech support recommended refund. Was declined refund...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game literally does not work. ROCKSTAR tech support recommended refund. Was declined refund...: Ive tried to return a digital game that literally does not work. Was bought more than 14 days ago BUT DOES NOT WORK. Tried every possible fix from rockstar the developers of the game and nothing...
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator Tech Alpha recruitment has started.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Tech Alpha recruitment has started.: Will definitely sign up and buy the game when it eventually releases - it looks beautiful! My partner is a big flying enthusiast, he'll be all over this too. 4ca47585-d67a-45c2-85db-f606f89ae9a2
  4. [Tech] Game Pass android app not installing games, showing rewards,

in XboX Insiders
    [Tech] Game Pass android app not installing games, showing rewards,: I'm using the app on an unlocked Moto g7. Even after uninstalling, clearing the cache, etc, I keep getting told the app can't access my rewards info, nor find my Xbox console, and it can't install...
  5. XBL TECH conversation

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBL TECH conversation: Allen D. has joined the chat Microsoft Answer Tech Welcome to Microsoft Support for Xbox. How can I help? Please be aware that if you switch apps or change focus to another window while...
  6. Balance reduction issue. Tech Support.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Balance reduction issue. Tech Support.: Have play every puzzle both at expert and medium level. All of a sudden I go from a positive balance to a negative balance. Now with new puzzle being released I'm unable to purchase with my...
  7. WWE 2k15 issues, issues with support techs.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    WWE 2k15 issues, issues with support techs.: So, Thursday evening I came home to my xbox and tired to launch WWE 2k15. It gave me the insert disc error x87de2712, but i digitally downloaded the game and dlc as it was released. I talked...
  8. EVERYONE WITH ISSUES CALL TECH SUPPORT...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    EVERYONE WITH ISSUES CALL TECH SUPPORT...: im not going to lie im just as mad as everyone in here but i did a few searching and found that xbox team have said they have fixed the issues which is a lie, in which case i HIGHLY SUGGEST YOU...
  9. So when is tech support going to get off their [Mod Removed] and ACTUALLY FIX the issues that ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    So when is tech support going to get off their [Mod Removed] and ACTUALLY FIX the issues that ...: I am getting tired of the "band aid" fixes that I am getting from customer support. A restart and reinstallation should not be the go to option to fix a problem. I get that it does fix the...
  10. Xbox One Console Issues as well as Issues with Microsoft Tech Support

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Console Issues as well as Issues with Microsoft Tech Support: I purchased a brand new Xbox One in August of this year from GameStop. It's the 1TB console with The Division. Anyways it's not Dec ember and I'm running into constant issues. It won't sign into...