[Tech] Selected few games not installing on external HDD issue

Discus and support [Tech] Selected few games not installing on external HDD issue in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hi folks. I don't know if this is insider related as the issue has been present for about 6 months for me now - it has persisted through a full format... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MajorXbox, May 16, 2020.

1. /u/MajorXbox
    /u/MajorXbox Guest

Hi folks. I don't know if this is insider related as the issue has been present for about 6 months for me now - it has persisted through a full format of the external drive with no joy.

I have a One X in the beta preview.

I have a 4tb external drive in a RAID setup and have found a few titles that are unable to be installed on the external. Forza 7, and most recently Truck Driver suffer from this. The drive has plenty of free space (over 1TB) and yet the install is stopped. If I switch default install to internal it works. And yet I can still install other titles. Has anyone encountered anything like this?

submitted by /u/MajorXbox
    [link] [comments]

/u/MajorXbox, May 16, 2020
  2. Jurgen1488 Win User

Loading games off external Hard drive doesn't work (Xbox One)

In the storage setup, try selecting the external HDD as your default storage. If this does not work, try installing the game again on the external hard disk, with the default setting being set at the time of installation.
  3. RedCarGamer Win User

Borderlands 3 took too long to start - Error 0x8027025A - Possible hardware issue?

Do you have available any External HDD? If you have you can try to find if is a hardware issue in the Internal HDD by installing the games in a external hdd.
  4. LittleBigPlanet Win User

Installations failing on external drives

I had the same issues with certain games and apps not installing on the external USB 3.0 Lacie Rugged Mini 2TB HDD.

Once the games or apps would not install on the external HDD it will not move to the external HDD either.

The HDD is not faulty. I believe it is fine. I tried with several brands myself and they are fine on the Macs and PCs.

I believe it is digital rights management issues along with Xbone system software issues.

I hope Xbone engineering team resolve this soon as I cannot buy any games from the store since I cannot install on the external HDD.
  5. LittleBigPlanet Win User

Slow starting to move games to external hdd

I had support chat with Xbone support team about external hdd issues such as moving certain content.

Certain content just would not install or move to the external hdd. My external hdd is Lacie Rugged Mini 2TB USB 3.0 (tested fine on both MACs and PCs) before formatting on Xbox One for Games and Apps.

Once a game or app does not install externally it would not move to the external hdd.

My 360 moves games or apps almost always successfully.

This externally hdd moving issues along with certain games and apps not installing on it is causing major headaches. I also already tested with another brand which as tested on both MACs and PCs fine but with Xbox One it is becoming an issue.

I believe it is a combination of digital rights management, account issue, along with Xbone system software.
  6. WPAK Win User

FPS drops when playing games PLEASE help me

Hi there,

just to be sure, are the games installed on an external hdd? If so can you try what happens if the game is installed on a different external hdd or the internal hdd.

Let us know the results
Thema:

1. [Tech] Selected few games not installing on external HDD issue - Similar Threads - Tech Selected few

2. How do I speak to tech support as my xbox one freezes all the time and i cannot find an...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I speak to tech support as my xbox one freezes all the time and i cannot find an...: How do I speak to tech support as my xbox one freezes all the time and i cannot find an answer online. I have factory reset many times with no luck. I think my profile may be corrupt....
  3. MFS2020 Tech Alpha insider request, still waiting

in XboX Insiders
    MFS2020 Tech Alpha insider request, still waiting: Hello, I recently opted in for the Tech Alpha for Microsoft´s New upcoming flight sim for Xbox one and Windows 10 pcs.I installed the insider as instructed from the site, but am still waiting to...
  4. Xbox Series X tech details are here!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X tech details are here!: We have a new article posted with lots of new details and video on Digital Foundry! https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/03/16/xbox-series-x-tech/ 3fb6d7b7-4093-441a-afe6-53648395f31a
  5. Gamepass failures and poor tech response the norm?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Gamepass failures and poor tech response the norm?: I have spent the last 3 days trying to solve why cancelling game pass should deny me access to games i own on xbox1, even offline disc access? My experience echos a lot of users. Having been able...
  6. Game literally does not work. ROCKSTAR tech support recommended refund. Was declined refund...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game literally does not work. ROCKSTAR tech support recommended refund. Was declined refund...: Ive tried to return a digital game that literally does not work. Was bought more than 14 days ago BUT DOES NOT WORK. Tried every possible fix from rockstar the developers of the game and nothing...
  7. Microsoft Flight Simulator Tech Alpha recruitment has started.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Flight Simulator Tech Alpha recruitment has started.: Will definitely sign up and buy the game when it eventually releases - it looks beautiful! My partner is a big flying enthusiast, he'll be all over this too. 4ca47585-d67a-45c2-85db-f606f89ae9a2
  8. [Tech] Game Pass android app not installing games, showing rewards,

in XboX Insiders
    [Tech] Game Pass android app not installing games, showing rewards,: I'm using the app on an unlocked Moto g7. Even after uninstalling, clearing the cache, etc, I keep getting told the app can't access my rewards info, nor find my Xbox console, and it can't install...
  9. XBL TECH conversation

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBL TECH conversation: Allen D. has joined the chat Microsoft Answer Tech Welcome to Microsoft Support for Xbox. How can I help? Please be aware that if you switch apps or change focus to another window while...
  10. Age of empires II - warwolf tech

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Age of empires II - warwolf tech: I bought age of empires 2 with all the expansions. The Britonss' tech warwolf is not available, not matter what. I tried to re-install the program twice. It does not work, which is...