Temporary FIX for black screen problem

Discus and support Temporary FIX for black screen problem in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I posted this in the main thrread but I thought I would post it here so everyone can see it. I think I have a temporary solution for... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ranole, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Ranole
    Ranole Guest

Hey everyone,

I posted this in the main thrread but I thought I would post it here so everyone can see it.

I think I have a temporary solution for the black screen home button issue. This works for me for now so it might just be luck but I havent had it since trying this.

When finished with a game, instead of hitting the home button or saying XBOX GO HOME, say XBOX SNAP TV. This snaps my tv to the side, then say FULL SCREEN and now I am watching TV with no black screen problem. From there I have been able to hit the home button
    with no problem.

Hopefully this is a temporary fix until the patch comes out and hopefully it works and Im not just lucky the last few days of doing this.

:)

Ranole, Feb 24, 2014
  2. Ghosts broken POST UPDATE

I believe the temporary fix reference, is the fact that it works for now but likely later you will need to do it again. Until xbox fixes the issue that is causing the black screen, this is the best fix we have, but it would be nice if a permanent fix came
    out that fixed the black screen issue so it never occurs again. That would be a permanent fix.

Haunted Spider, Feb 24, 2014
  3. neilhorgan
    neilhorgan Guest
    neilhorgan, Feb 24, 2014
  4. Haunted Spider Win User

Ghosts broken POST UPDATE

I believe the temporary fix reference, is the fact that it works for now but likely later you will need to do it again. Until xbox fixes the issue that is causing the black screen, this is the best fix we have, but it would be nice if a permanent fix came
    out that fixed the black screen issue so it never occurs again. That would be a permanent fix.
  5. Liquidemail Win User

TV ON XBOX ONE

Temporary Fix -- Down-scaling from 1080i to 720p seems to have 'fixed' the black screen and freezing..

This is disappointing because that with all the $$ i put into my home theater i have to downscale.
  6. neilhorgan Win User

Latest Xbox One Update Problem

7. FilipeAlmeida Win User

Skype Crashing on Xbox One - Dec 26, 2015

I have the same problem. I read this in another forum: "open skype app in snapped mode and after chose full screen" is a temporary fix.
  8. jpick11188 Win User

Lord of the Rings DVD extended versions not playing

I'm encountering the same problem. There's just a black screen. FIX IT SOMEBODY!!!
Thema:

1. Temporary FIX for black screen problem - Similar Threads - Temporary FIX black

2. Account temporary blocked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account temporary blocked: hi, my Personal account has been temporary blocked, i have a question if it's might be because i bought a xbox account with game from store on one website and i was switching between them when i...
  3. Microsoft account temporary blocked

in XBoX Accessibility
    Microsoft account temporary blocked: Im writting from my another account because my previous is temporary blocked again for no reason, i cant unblock it because i have used all of my available Phone numbers and i dont have another to...
  4. Temporary Blank Screen (but still functions)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Temporary Blank Screen (but still functions): Hi, About 80% of the time that I start my xbox, the screen that greets me is blank - the xbox is on and functioning - I can hear the correct sound effects when I move the controller over where I...
  5. Minecraft for Windows 10. Locating world forever. VPN is temporary fix.

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft for Windows 10. Locating world forever. VPN is temporary fix.: Hello everyone! I got a problem connecting to my friends local server! I'm endlessly stuck in the "locating server" screen, my friends say my character does join the server I just can't take...
  6. Log in issue error temporary fix

in XBoX Accessibility
    Log in issue error temporary fix: Im sure everyone looking at this is having that same log in issue where it says something like "you are accessing personal info and need to re enter your password" and when you do you cant log in....
  7. Still Encountering 'Temporary Delay in Deposits' and Fix ETA?

in XBoX Rewards
    Still Encountering 'Temporary Delay in Deposits' and Fix ETA?: Issue: My account has always encountered issues with depositing converted cash into my account. I have been dealing with this for more than 3 years with no resolution to my account. Is there any...
  8. System malfunctioning repeatedly, System Restore a temporary fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    System malfunctioning repeatedly, System Restore a temporary fix: SUPPORT TECHNICIANS PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE POST BECAUSE IN THE PAST I'VE HAD TECHNICIANS GIVE RESPONSES THAT WERE NOT APPLICABLE DESPITE MY PREVIOUSLY STATED FACTS AND EXTENSIVE DETAILED...
  9. Is there a temporary hot fix for the xbox one mic?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there a temporary hot fix for the xbox one mic?: i can hear people, but I can't talk. It's not muted. It's not a software issue. As far as I can tell this is a common problem. I was just wondering if anyone has come up with a temporary solution....
  10. Found temporary fix for Xbox One Disc not reading (not grinding noise)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Found temporary fix for Xbox One Disc not reading (not grinding noise): So I have had this problem with my Xbox One for quite a while. You put in a disc, and after a short time, an error shows up saying that it cannot read the disc. There is no grinding noise like the...