Test network connection problems

Discus and support Test network connection problems in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can’t connect to Xbox live all of a sudden. Whenever i try to test my network connection i get an internet problem that says: Additional... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by AceFrantz, Mar 20, 2020.

1. AceFrantz
    AceFrantz Guest

I can’t connect to Xbox live all of a sudden. Whenever i try to test my network connection i get an internet problem that says: Additional authentication needed. I get the options of; Authenticate now or Enter alternate MAC address. When i press the first
    option it tells me that i need internet for it so thats a bust. I have no idea what a MAC address for the xbox is but i assume that its related to the WiFi, I went on my Macbook pro to see what my internets address is and i put it into my xbox, it told me
    to restart it and after i did i was still having the same problem, it was still asking me to put in an additional MAC address. I have no idea what to do now and nothing on xbox support is helping. I hope that one of you know what to do. My wireless and wired
    MAC address are different and I dont know if i just ruined my xbox. I really need help ASAP.

:)

AceFrantz, Mar 20, 2020
  2. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

Check this support, XBOX network connection errors, it may help to resolve your issue.

You may need to contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to resolve this issue. For example, you may need to ask your ISP to replace a defective modem, verify the settings on your modem, or check your connection speed.
  3. Dc99teggy Win User

I have tried to restart my wifi router and modem, I tried to call xbox support yesterday went through the same steps with him nothing worked curious if anyone else has found a fix yet
  4. DAVIDSDEFENSE Win User

I had this same issue. Every time I would try to "test connection" it would take me to this fake Microsoft redirecting page and on the website it had some information about COVID-19 and to download an app to stay up to date.

Obviously don't download it, it's a trojan.

Your router may have been comprised and someone may have changed the DNS on your router to manual mode vs automatic.

I bet the two IPs are: 109.234.35.230 and 94.103.82.249

This happened to my router on Sunday and I just figured this out today.

Thanks to this article:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/ne...outers-dns-to-spread-malicious-covid-19-apps/

If you were compromised, its best to update your router's login password and your wifi network passwords.
  5. T3chnlgydude Win User

Hi Gamer

So does this issue occur on a wired or wireless connection?
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

There is no issues with XBOX Live status at the moment so you may need to restart your network hardware after you turn the console off and remove the power cable.

Once the network is connected restore power to the console and turn it back on.
Thema:

1. Test network connection problems - Similar Threads - Test network connection

2. Testing Network connections, result - << SERVICE ALERT>>

in XBoX on Consoles
    Testing Network connections, result - << SERVICE ALERT>>: result 100% of EastUS servers for BF3 on Xbox360 showing extremely slow PING, unable to connect, West US servers showing good ping, but 90% of connection attempts FAIL. << CHECK YOUR NETWORK...
  3. Network Speed Tests and your Connection to Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Network Speed Tests and your Connection to Xbox Live: I saw this article on Lifehacker and wanted to start a discussion while highlighting speed tests and connections to Xbox Live. The article does a good job of pointing out why you can get wildly...
  4. Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox one s test connection: your network isn't set up; but xbox ...

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox one s test connection: your network isn't set up; but xbox ...: Wireless Gaming Adapters: Xbox one s test connection: your network isn't set up; but xbox connection worked 2 weeks ago Check this link for a possible solution:...
  5. After running successful full network connectivity test, my xbox 360 signs me out of xbox ...

in XBoX Accessibility
    After running successful full network connectivity test, my xbox 360 signs me out of xbox ...: After running a successful full network connectivity test, my Xbox 360 signs me out of Xbox live gold. 2845cf0d-2a71-41aa-b631-252465971dbc
  6. Xbox won't connect to wifi; reports a hardware problem when testing the network connection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox won't connect to wifi; reports a hardware problem when testing the network connection: The title covers the issue pretty well. I've been using a wired network but it would be nice to have wifi yah'know. ce4a6870-cf8e-4f1d-ad8a-8a13d6a25cf9
  7. Can't connect to xbox live any more on xbox one, but network connection test says i'm ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't connect to xbox live any more on xbox one, but network connection test says i'm ...: When I go onto my xbox one I can see how many of my friends are online, but on the home page there is a button that says "Connect to Xbox Live". My xbox one is connected wirelessly and has worked...
  8. Network test Results: Internet connection but cannot connect to Xbox Live because there is a ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network test Results: Internet connection but cannot connect to Xbox Live because there is a ...: Keep hearing from Microsoft/Xbox support that this is not an issue and they are not aware of it etc. I spoke with Xbox support for 3 hours yesterday trying to sort this out and they said...
  9. Xbox Network setting tests say "Everything is Good" but I cannot connect to Xbox ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Network setting tests say "Everything is Good" but I cannot connect to Xbox ...: I recently moved to a different city with my brother for a few weeks to hep out a relative. We have both brought our Xbox Ones to play during free time down here (Me using the original packaging...
  10. Network is connected, test connection and everything is up and running. But nothing that uses ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Network is connected, test connection and everything is up and running. But nothing that uses ...: This has been going on since last Saturday and I don't understand what's up. My network says it's connected and I've tested it and it comes out great. But none of pin's are showing up, and none of...