"That Microsoft account doesnt exist. Please enter a different one."

Discus and support "That Microsoft account doesnt exist. Please enter a different one." in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am trying to download apps off the Microsoft store and it is gving me the above message. I go through every possible route to recover it but it... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by EthanPrice1, Mar 5, 2020.

1. EthanPrice1
    EthanPrice1 Guest

I am trying to download apps off the Microsoft store and it is gving me the above message. I go through every possible route to recover it but it always gives me "That account already exists, try logging in using this one?" Please help if you have had
    similar problems. Thank you.

:)

EthanPrice1, Mar 5, 2020
  2. WellmaxxBR Win User

Hi Ethan, how are you?

Welcome to the Microsoft community!

I'm an independent collaborator, I'm here to try to help you in the best possible way.

I understand and have already had the same problem with my Windows Store account on Windows 10.
    Remembering that the steps described here are to be performed in Windows 10, and that you must "Always have a Backup" of your data in a safe place before making any changes or configurations in your Windows.

That said, let's go to the steps I performed in my case, which solved my access problem were the following steps:
    01. I updated Windows 10 to the latest version using the Windows update tool available here:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

02. I changed my password after the Windows10 updates are complete.

I sincerely hope that it will help to resolve your case.
  3. schnurren Win User

Hello EthanPrice1,

Can you check something first? Just to see if your account is compromised somehow or not.

Try to login with your account on https://www.microsoft.com/ and https://www.xbox.com/ .

If you are able to login on both of them, at least we will know that your account is working properly and the issue may lie within Windows 10.
  4. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Lost Account

If you try to sign in to your Microsoft account with an account name that its not recognized, you'll receive the message, “That Microsoft account doesn’t exist. Enter a different email address or get a new account.” While no one can send you your
    forgotten account information, you can use this article to walk through some steps to help you find or remember it yourself: That
    Microsoft account doesn't exist
  5. onyxishere Win User

two accounts under one email address?

6. onyxishere Win User

Xbox 360

Thema:

1. "That Microsoft account doesnt exist. Please enter a different one." - Similar Threads - Microsoft account doesnt

2. Linking my Minecraft account to my Xbox or Microsoft account to play cross platform

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Linking my Minecraft account to my Xbox or Microsoft account to play cross platform: I am trying to play cross platform and Minecraft PC does not just have a button to link to my Microsoft account like PS4 does so I am wondering how to do so. d0078560-b105-4b80-af25-1ed9391cc9f0
  3. Xbox device missing from list of devices for family members in my microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox device missing from list of devices for family members in my microsoft account: I recently purchased an Xbox 360 E and successfully added it to my microsoft account. I have also successfully downloaded our Xbox Live accounts to the Xbox 360 E.. When I look at the list of...
  4. minecraft microsoft account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    minecraft microsoft account: Hello, I got minecraft on my os4 For christmas and it was a second hand game , i have a microsoft account and have tried multiple times to het on but it says i already have a linked account, i...
  5. Minecraft-Microsoft Account Login Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft-Microsoft Account Login Error: Whenever I try to login into my microsoft account on Minecraft PS4 Bedrock Edition it always says i’m already connected to an account but yet it still says “Sign in with a Microsoft Account”....
  6. MY microsoft account got deleted and idk how to get it back

in XBoX Accessibility
    MY microsoft account got deleted and idk how to get it back: So my Microsoft account got hacked and deleted idk how to get it back but i have the email of the person an IP address who hacked me d5c12ee7-9d4d-4f10-acfa-f566f8864804
  7. Linked wrong Microsoft account on Minecraft PS4

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Linked wrong Microsoft account on Minecraft PS4: So I'm playing Minecraft Bedrock edition on PS4 and i linked the wrong Microsoft account. No matter what I do I cannot unlink the wrong account from my PlayStation account. From what I've seen,...
  8. Locked out of microsoft account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Locked out of microsoft account: To forgot the password to my account. The email linked to my microsoft account was hacked and i lost access to it. I have two step varifocation turned on my account. I still have the phone number...
  9. Please help me regain control of my account, Microsoft doesnt care

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help me regain control of my account, Microsoft doesnt care: The account that I am currently writing this on is continually being hacked by the same person, and they keep logging back in to change the password. You might ask.. "Why not just change your...
  10. MY XBOX ACCOUNT GOT HACKED AND MICROSOFT DOESNT HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY XBOX ACCOUNT GOT HACKED AND MICROSOFT DOESNT HELP: Today i wanted to play when my xbox said password i typed my password in but it said it was wrong i tried it again wrong i looked on my gmail protection mail and it said protection account changed...