the cloud

Discus and support the cloud in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can someone help me with an issue i have. i have a pc running windows 8.1 & recently it crashed & needed to be restored to factory settings. However... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by GarryHarper, Jul 19, 2014.

1. GarryHarper
    GarryHarper Guest

the cloud

Can someone help me with an issue i have. i have a pc running windows 8.1 & recently it crashed & needed to be restored to factory settings. However when i sign into my xbox account i now have only 5 albums when there used to be almost 30. Does anyone have
    any idea what's happened there & is there a way of solving it? Thanx folks

:)

GarryHarper, Jul 19, 2014
  2. In The Clouds

[quote user="voteDC"]The constant back and forth of data over the internet would be much more likely to corrupt, surely? As for damage, I don't think I've ever managed to destory a USB stick, they tend to be hardly little devils.[/quote]

Have you had any trouble using Steam? I haven't. They use a similar style of technology.

I've never damaged a USB personally but the HDD's can and do fail. They have moving parts remember. I've also had data on USB corrupt before just from general use.

If the DLC was on disc it would be a probability to have the access key available through the cloud. DLC would need to be streamed somehow because of the size of it. I'm thinking something along the lines of OnLive here (though I'm aware it's a different type
    of service). The only way I can think of viably is redownloading it, or using a USB. We'll soon find out though.

I get what you are saying. That's actually a big plus for cloud and another example of corrupt data on USB..

Unreal Warfare, Jul 19, 2014
  3. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    In The Clouds

I would have thought that transferring them over the internet would have been more likely to corrupt them than a local transfer.

What issues did Reach have with saves on a USB? I kept mine on one for a while and never encountered any trouble.

The only issue I could see from having your profile and saves on a USB while gaming at a friend's house would be if that 360 were flagged for a ban and was corrupting the data that way.

voteDC, Jul 19, 2014
  4. the cloud

Nope not really, the cloud is data you transferred to it on ONE DRIVE but if you haven't transferred/backed up anything to the ONE DRIVE storage then it is lost.

Hollywood Nav, Aug 15, 2014
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

October 2014 updates and beyond

I agree with Cloud.

I agree with Cloud.

I agree with Cloud.

I agree with Cloud.

I agree with Cloud.

I agree with Cloud.

I agree with Cloud.
  6. Silent Hysteria Win User

Where Is The Rest Of My Game?

...but..but...the cloud....it has the cloud....by the power of the cloud...cloud power...
  7. Ooh im good Win User

E3 2014!

I know what the "cloud" is or isn't, but it was interesting how last year it was the cloud, the power of the cloud, the cloud, the cloud, cloud.....

This year they just stated "servers", I said long at the time when everyone was getting wet about the cloud that it meant nothing. I also stated technically all EA games have run in the "cloud" as they are run on servers based away from the user. An cloud
    is not a "buzzword" cloud gaming started many many years ago with onlive.
  8. Miss Ghidorah Win User

Cloud

9. The 3ndless3cho Win User

The cloud....

I honestly feel like they are hyping the "cloud" to be this amazing thing. I honestly don't think that the cloud will have any major real world application. It seems like they are highlighting this "feature" to provide an argument for why the system needs
    to have an internet connection. Anyways I'm over the cloud stuff, can we get some sun in this place?
Thema:

the cloud

1. the cloud - Similar Threads - cloud

2. Cloud save

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cloud save: I bought Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and i plan to move it to my new xbox one x console in a few weeks. I created a new microsoft account to play the game on and then realized i needed a live gold...
  3. Issues with cloud save storage management

in XboX Insiders
    Issues with cloud save storage management: TL;DR: Why doesn't either technical support or users have access to look at their cloud saved data directly? Also being unable to roll back to a previous save state or to manually flag a save...
  4. Stop Forced Cloud Storage.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Stop Forced Cloud Storage.: I am a lucky gamer. I can game at work when it is slow. So today I was having a blast at work on my 2nd console, that I bought for work. I save and quit, like normal. The internet is not as good...
  5. Forza Horizon 2 - Restore cloud storage

in XBoX on Consoles
    Forza Horizon 2 - Restore cloud storage: After a long time, I reinstalled Forza horizon 2 and selected the wrong cloud sync memory, so from now on I always need to start at level 1, I want to sync my old memory, so that I must not have...
  6. Metro Exodus freeze thanks to save game cloud storage

in XBoX on Windows
    Metro Exodus freeze thanks to save game cloud storage: I have a problem with Metro Exodus game in Xbox (beta) launcher. My reproduction: 1. Start Metro Exodus, skip intro animation 2. Game freezes at this point: [img] 3. When I kill the...
  7. Ninja Gaiden 2 cloud storage error

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ninja Gaiden 2 cloud storage error: Playing ninja gaiden 2 on xbox one. This error constantly pops up The storage device containing the active gamer profile has been disconnected. To save your earned achievements, reconnect the...
  8. Xbox 360 :: Cloud Storage :: no free space message

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox 360 :: Cloud Storage :: no free space message: Hello, When we select cloud storage when loading Minecraft we are getting a 'no free space' message even though the cloud storage states there is 1.5 GB of free space Anyone run into this...
  9. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge... cloud save issue

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge... cloud save issue: We've really been enjoying NG3 since it went backwards compatible. On my 360 I have save data that is uploaded to cloud saves. My Xbox1 won't recognize the cloud saves since I've played it on two...
  10. Cloud Storage

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cloud Storage: So i wasn’t to play Fable 3. I wanted to use my old saves. I boot up the game and it said syncing with cloud. I am on an xbox one x and i played the game on an old xbox 360 i had a while ago. I...