The Dark Pictures Anthology - Man of Medan crash (error code: c0000005)

Discus and support The Dark Pictures Anthology - Man of Medan crash (error code: c0000005) in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I recently downloaded the game and the game crashes on startup loading with error code c0000005. Below is the crash report: Description Faulting... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Bobibu, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Bobibu
    Bobibu Guest

I recently downloaded the game and the game crashes on startup loading with error code c0000005. Below is the crash report:

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\The Dark Pictures Anthology - Man of Medan\SMG019\Binaries\Win64\ManOfMedan-Win64-Shipping.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: ManOfMedan-Win64-Shipping.exe
    Application Version: 4.20.3.0
    Application Timestamp: 5f901819
    Fault Module Name: ManOfMedan-Win64-Shipping.exe
    Fault Module Version: 4.20.3.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5f901819
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0000000000014fa3
    OS Version: 10.0.19041.2.0.0.768.101
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 3ccc
    Additional Information 2: 3ccc3a6cf655dcbf48950e0b865726ba
    Additional Information 3: 04c8
    Additional Information 4: 04c843e9839051e890d76118af0aa96d

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 51911ef9d3d58652f99211c2a6193855 (1842554725255952469)

-- End of Report --

For additional information, the game can launch probably when disconnected from the Internet, although it still crashes when joining a co-op game. My graphic driver is up-to-date and the game is allowed in my firewall setting.

:)

Bobibu, Apr 7, 2021
  2. Real Dangerr Win User

Best Horror Game on Xbox?

I've heard that The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan is suppose to be great. I will watch a few streams of that to see how good it is.
  3. Jav0r Win User

Shocktober Sale recommendations

I recommend Resident Evil 2 and The Dark Pictures: Man Medan.
  4. LukeUhren Win User

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan - Can't Change Resolution

DSR factors is already off that I see. Tried on and off and same thing for me. To me Xbox Box Games Pass PC should still be in beta with how I see it working. If there is no real support on this issue, then just will chalk it up on Microsoft screwed this
    one up.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan - Can't Change Resolution

Hi,

Impressive PC you have there. This is clearly an issue with the Game Pass version, nothing wrong with your seriously impressive PC specs.

I tested this game myself just and I have had issues with changing the resolution. I have a i7 8700, with an RTX 2080 and 16GB RAM. and an LG 27GL850 144Hz G-Sync 1440P monitor.

When I first ran the game it insisted on 4K in fullscreen as this is a resolution I have as max res when using NVIDIA DSR Factors.

If I turn off DSR factors, it maxes at 2560x1440 which of course is my native screen resolution. But, it won't let me lower it.
  6. PaperzMask Win User

Blair Witch, The game. Yes, the game.

& the same day Man of medan is coming too !! Hyped for both of these games but my bet is on Man of medan, that game looks FANTASTIC
Thema:

1. The Dark Pictures Anthology - Man of Medan crash (error code: c0000005) - Similar Threads - Dark Pictures Anthology

2. Xbox |Console Companion streaming on Windows 10 is now very dark

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox |Console Companion streaming on Windows 10 is now very dark: I was using the Console Companion to stream to my laptop on the weekend of the 1st of April and everything was fine and looked they way it always has. I tried again this week and it is now very...
  3. Xbox One screen is very dark/red

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One screen is very dark/red: I booted up my Xbox One today and as soon as the initial loading screen popped up I noticed it was very dark. I could barely read the word "XBox". Once I got to my home screen the problem did not...
  4. Dark Souls saved game to Dark Souls Remastered

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dark Souls saved game to Dark Souls Remastered: Hello everyone, I have from a lot of time the original Dark Souls for Xbox 360, and still play it on Xbox One. I would like to try the Remastered XB1 version. Does anyone know if it is possible...
  5. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan - Can't Change Resolution

in XBoX on Windows
    The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan - Can't Change Resolution: I have XBox Games Pass for PC and the game The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan will not allow me to change the resolution. It's defaulted to 1024x768 and everytime I try to change it to...
  6. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (Xbox Game Pass on PC) video driver crashed and...

in XBoX on Windows
    The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan (Xbox Game Pass on PC) video driver crashed and...: Every time after a couple minutes my game crashes and report: "video driver crashed and was reset! make sure your video drivers are up to date. Exiting... ". All my drivers are up to date. I...
  7. The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan VIDEO DRIVERS CRASH

in XBoX on Windows
    The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan VIDEO DRIVERS CRASH: Hi, I downloaded The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man Of Medan with the Xbox game pass on my pc. however, when i try to start a new game I am having the error saying that my VIDEO DRIVER has crashed....
  8. Blu-ray player app outputs dark picture in SDR with UHD-BD

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Blu-ray player app outputs dark picture in SDR with UHD-BD: The Blu-ray player app no longer performs proper conversion from HDR to SDR, outputting a very dim picture if connected to a non-HDR capable display. It leaves the picture dark, dim and...
  9. watching Netflix screen goes a bit dark and then half the screen gets the controller picture ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    watching Netflix screen goes a bit dark and then half the screen gets the controller picture ...: So just started happening a week ago, while watching Netflix about 10 mins in or so, the screen gets dark, Netflix still running in the background, then after a few seconds the right hand side of...
  10. Picture gets dark after a few minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Picture gets dark after a few minutes: Hello, i wanted to watch some streams with twitch but the xbox goes darker after a few minutes dont find anything in the options. any help? b1300daa-68e3-4946-a0b6-1d4e9c5c64f1