The enforcement Team didn't like my gamertag and changed it but didn't send me a link ...

Discus and support The enforcement Team didn't like my gamertag and changed it but didn't send me a link ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I recently purchased and changed my gamertag on my Xbox and I guess the Enforcement didn't like it and changed it to a random gamertag that I don't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by P00 THE JEW, Jun 15, 2014.

1. P00 THE JEW
    P00 THE JEW Guest

The enforcement Team didn't like my gamertag and changed it but didn't send me a link ...

Hi I recently purchased and changed my gamertag on my Xbox and I guess the Enforcement didn't like it and changed it to a random gamertag that I don't like and I don't want. I was wondering if I can know why it was changed and if I can have it back.
    If I'm not able to have that gamertag back, then can I have a link to change it to something else because I don't think it's right for me to pay again for you guys changing it. If you guys can respond ASAP, that would be great. Please and thank you.!

:)

P00 THE JEW, Jun 15, 2014
  2. P00 THE JEW
    P00 THE JEW Guest
    The enforcement Team didn't like my gamertag and changed it but didn't send me a link to change it to something else..

Hi I recently purchased and changed my gamertag on my Xbox and I guess the Enforcement didn't like it and changed it to a random gamertag that I don't like and I don't want. I was wondering if I can know why it was changed and if I can have it back.
    If I'm not able to have that gamertag back, then can I have a link to change it to something else because I don't think it's right for me to pay again for you guys changing it. If you guys can respond ASAP, that would be great. Please and thank you!

3. Gamertag was changed by itself

I went to school after playing and my Xbox and when i got back my gamertag was changed by the enforcement team and it didn't say what i did or what to do it didn't even show up in my enforcement's. But
    the whole reason i'm posting this is because it didn't give me a free gamertag change
    . Please help The enforcement Team didn't like my gamertag and changed it but didn't send me a link ... :)

SweetBunny44589, Jun 15, 2014
  4. The Cthulhu
    The Cthulhu Guest

[quote user="SillyPup3725442"]I recently purchased and changed my gamertag[/quote]

You should have chosen something that didn't violate the Code of Conduct. You've now been given a chance to redeem yourself and yes
    you have to pay for it, make it count.

[quote user="SillyPup3725442"]I don't think it's right for me to pay[/quote]

In a way you're correct, you should have been banned outright instead of simply receiving a forced name change.

The Cthulhu, Jun 15, 2014
  5. You can post here to find out why you had to change your gamertag. You will not be able to change it back as your former gamertag was likely locked out, which means nobody can use it, since it likely violates the XBL CoC and ToU in some way (which is the
    ONLY reason they would force you to change your GT). There is no way to get a free gamertag. To change it to something else, you will have to pay. Please read the

Xbox Live Code of Conduct
    and
    Xbox Live Terms of Use
    so you won't make the same mistake again.

Galactic Geek, Jun 15, 2014
  6. P00 THE JEW
    P00 THE JEW Guest
    Well it should've told me that it violates it. You think they would tell you that before you have to pay for it. I think it would be dumb to ban someone over a little gamertag.

7. TheMapleKid
    TheMapleKid Guest
    I remember PSN deleting my CoD avatar deeming it offensive, I was unable to do another one for three weeks. It was hilarious and must of annoyed a lot of people.

TheMapleKid, Jun 15, 2014
  8. John Dowding
    John Dowding Guest

You should keep Silly Pup it kinda suits.........

John Dowding, Jun 15, 2014
  9. Shadowramx
    Shadowramx Guest
    I've participated in the Enforcement United process. The way it works is a name is reported by someone you played with and then sent to several ambassadors who vote separately on if they think it is offensive. If your name was changed that means multiple
    people voted that it was offensive in some way. I'm not sure how many votes it takes for a name change to take place.

Interestingly enough is that probably 90% of the names I voted on were not offensive, meaning people report names to be jerks or what not (which is not too surprising).

As others have suggested you can post in GG's link to try to get more help but most likely you will need to pay for a name change.

Shadowramx, Jun 16, 2014
  10. Satsumo
    Satsumo Guest
    It is nearly impossible for MS to tell you it violates the CoC before you choose it...

There appear to be an infinite number of ways for people to think they are clever and choose an offensive Gamertag that breaks CoC but isn't easily recognised by a computer - hence why they have an Enforcement process that incorporates the views of many
    (human) ambassadors. It has to cost to change a Gamertag so there is an incentive to choose a sensible one in the first place, rather than chancing your luck.

Hopefully you've learned your lesson and now realise it's better to be sensible rather than try and be "clever" when choosing a Gamertag.

Satsumo, Jun 16, 2014
  11. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest
    If the system allows you to create a gamertag you should be able to keep it there is filters to stop you from making bad words and if the tags passes those filters and takes your 10$ that's Xbox's fault not the OP'S.

@Shadowmax Is thay how it works that's interesting thanks for sharing. I don't agree with it but it's good to know. It would probably be a better idea to have a PET review it rather then a ambasador though I see the requirments for ambasadors and they shouldn't
    be making choices that effect peoples money.

bstn617, Jun 16, 2014
  12. J.R.G.
    J.R.G. Guest
    I believe if enough Ambassadors flag a G.T. a member of the enforcement team makes the final decision.

Peace, J.R.

J.R.G., Jun 16, 2014
  13. bstn617
    bstn617 Guest

D33dles I would have thought so but @Shadowramx said it get's "sent to several ambassadors who vote separately" I know there are good Ambasadors but you could get a kid who just votes that it's bad just for the hell of it.

I think that's a job for a paid PET and shouldn't be passed of to Ambasadors.

bstn617, Jun 16, 2014
  14. Satsumo
    Satsumo Guest
    @bstn617 - There a CoC the user signed up to, hence it's not MS' fault. The fault lies with the gamer. I don't see them telling us what their original GT was as I suspect they know (and knew) full well it was offensive.

If you can write a program that can 100% spot all offensive GTs then I'm sure MS will pay you plenty of money for that software....then maybe MS can catch offensive GTs at the point of creation rather than rely on many good citizens to help them police Xbox
    Live.

Satsumo, Jun 16, 2014
  15. Satsumo
    Satsumo Guest
    No - one "kid" could not just vote for it and get a GT banned. It takes multiple ambassadors to agree that the GT breaks the CoC. Also remember it has to be "reported" by someone first too.

Satsumo, Jun 16, 2014
Thema:

1. The enforcement Team didn't like my gamertag and changed it but didn't send me a link ... - Similar Threads - enforcement Team didn't

2. Anyone know when the enforcement team can fix the banning people for no reason?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Anyone know when the enforcement team can fix the banning people for no reason?: There's an issue where Xbox has been banning people for no reason like I was playing some siege I get signed out for no reason and I am perma banned. I've now been Perma banned for 3 days and in...
  3. were all over this enforcement team issue.

in XBoX Accessibility
    were all over this enforcement team issue.: member for 8 years, invested time and money into your company and have still failed to help us instead we get told “check enforcement site” your site does not work, i cant sign in and there is no...
  4. The enforcement team is being petty this probably won't be read

in XBoX on Windows
    The enforcement team is being petty this probably won't be read: Ok so tell me how am I getting communication banned for a looking for group post from 3/18/2021........yet when I look in my enforcement action on the website it says because of my gamer picture...
  5. Other ways to contact the enforcement team?

in XboX Insiders
    Other ways to contact the enforcement team?: Hey first off I apologize if this is the wrong place for this but does anyone know any way to contact the enforcement team because it doesn't let me sign in so I cant even appeal that they made a...
  6. Time Microsoft enforcement team steps up.

in XBoX on Windows
    Time Microsoft enforcement team steps up.: Last night I received messages from a user thatbviolated many code of conduct rules with no action taken, these included targeted hate speech, harassment, threats of violence and sexually...
  7. To the microsoft enforcement team

in XBoX Accessibility
    To the microsoft enforcement team: I dont know why i was coms Banned but you need to fix your enforcement website its currently not working for any of my devices e524b81a-b551-4e5e-bd7b-ec5e40d4f132
  8. Help me enforcement team I didn't do nothing wrong

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help me enforcement team I didn't do nothing wrong: I reacntly got banned from Xbox live for nothing and I'm permanently banned for doing nothin and now I'm very upset pls help me get my account unbanned pls I didn't do anything wrong just hop on...
  9. I Got Banned For Someone Hacking Into My Account And I Did Nothing Enforcement Team Didn't ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I Got Banned For Someone Hacking Into My Account And I Did Nothing Enforcement Team Didn't ...: I wasn't playing for a bit and I got banned and I checked my last logs and people have logged into my account I know it wasn't me and I haven't shared my password or a modder (RGH=Reset Glitch...
  10. The enforcement Team didn't like my gamertag and changed it but didn't send me a link ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    The enforcement Team didn't like my gamertag and changed it but didn't send me a link ...: Hi I recently purchased and changed my gamertag on my Xbox and I guess the Enforcement didn't like it and changed it to a random gamertag that I don't like and I don't want. I was wondering if I...