The ethics in locking a forum discussion

Discus and support The ethics in locking a forum discussion in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; To have the community's thoughts and viewpoints properly expressed, it is unethical to lock a discussion with out appropriate deliberation. As the... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by SpamCan, Sep 26, 2019.

1. SpamCan
    SpamCan Guest

To have the community's thoughts and viewpoints properly expressed, it is unethical to lock a discussion with out appropriate deliberation. As the person locking the discussion on an opinion of his/her viewpoint, that can be wrong.

Why did you lock my discussion moderator with out appropriate deliberation in this multi societal online platform?

Regards [mod removed] 01/06/06 - 9/20//19

:)

SpamCan, Sep 26, 2019
  2. SpiffyCorpse Win User

Discussions will often be locked to prevent incorrect information being given or to prevent debates that can spiral out of control on certain topics. It is well within the moderators rights to do so to prevent further issues.
  3. J0hnsta115 Win User

It appears as though this is a new account specifically created for the purpose of ban evasion, which is against the terms of service. Your frustration may be understandable, but without context we can't provide any reasonable feedback.
  4. Smwutches Win User

Discussions can be locked if they violate the
    forum guidelines
    . Threads are also locked if they have already been answered in order to avoid repetitive answers.
  5. SpamCan Win User

Your chasing a different thread, that I had to re-create.

This thread is about why it's unethical to close discussions.

● narrow viewpoints only displayed

● the collective viewpoints are not deliberated

●bias moderators
  6. M3tal Daz3 Win User

In your previous post you were directed to the enforcement website. The moderator justly closed the post after you were indicated that at the forums we can't help with enforcement acts like forced gtag change.
Thema:

1. The ethics in locking a forum discussion - Similar Threads - ethics locking forum

2. If the thread is being locked due to being revived by new post. Why no link to said new...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If the thread is being locked due to being revived by new post. Why no link to said new...: XBF Leo G Microsoft Agent | Moderator History 2/13/2019 8:20:28 AMCreatedXBF Leo G Hello! Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being...
  3. enforcement issues... i replied to a post, but the post was locked so I didn't get a reply...

in XBoX on Consoles
    enforcement issues... i replied to a post, but the post was locked so I didn't get a reply...: xbox ambassadors! You don't get tired of saying..."don't retaliate", "if you retaliate", etc... you don't realize that most of the problems are because there is a system in place that is easily...
  4. region lock

in XBoX Accessibility
    region lock: how is it that when i am going to buy a game and then click add a new way to pay its is automatically coming that i live in the united states. and the truth is that i leave in kenya. i tried going...
  5. Ethical biases in name censorship

in XBoX Accessibility
    Ethical biases in name censorship: Expressing yourself in the gaming community through a witty name or a aliase has been l common practice for decades. Microsoft set clear guides on the selection of gamertag names and display...
  6. Can loot boxes purchasable by real money be ethical?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can loot boxes purchasable by real money be ethical?: Let the customer have a choice. If they are children, Microsoft has parental control best of all. Adults can make up their own mind. Buy or not. It is the market....
  7. Is this even legal? If so, is it ethical?

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Is this even legal? If so, is it ethical?: Xbox live store sells the consumer a game via digital download. The creators of the game have either purposely or accidentally engineered the game, not only so that you NEED to continuously pump...
  8. There's ethical businesses and then you have Microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    There's ethical businesses and then you have Microsoft: How is it legal to have a mandatory update that kills your Xbox and not be held responsible? Last time I checked if I broke something I was held accountable... For Example. If I ran into someone...
  9. Soldiers of Ethics is recruiting!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Soldiers of Ethics is recruiting!!!!: Soldiers of Ethics is a gaming community based on the principles of Honor, Respect and Integrity. When we founded this community we wanted a community built on the foundations of good ethics and...
  10. breached security/ethics/negligence

in XBoX on Consoles
    breached security/ethics/negligence: I can't find anywhere to email a complaint to anyone regarding xbox one. I have had endless issues with my child being able to buy games without permission with pathetic reasoning from xbox in...