The Future of Gaming - Thanks to Bethesda, the future doesn't look too bright....

Discus and support The Future of Gaming - Thanks to Bethesda, the future doesn't look too bright.... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Fellow gamers, I had an epiphany in light of the new "Fallout 1st" subscription service being implemented into Fallout 76 regarding the future of... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by MASTERMINDEVAN, Oct 26, 2019.

1. The Future of Gaming - Thanks to Bethesda, the future doesn't look too bright....

Fellow gamers, I had an epiphany in light of the new "Fallout 1st" subscription service being implemented into Fallout 76 regarding the future of gaming, and it's not a good one. Bear with me:

Bethesda might have just created the newest monetization method in our $60 video games for other triple-A developers / publishers to implement and personalize going into the next console generation - the "in-game subscriptions"
    method.

Think about it. Each console generation in recent history has acted as a waypoint for new monetization methods to be tested and later fully realized in our gaming market. With the original Xbox and PS2, the prominent monetization
    method at the time was separate game "expansions", and then smaller DLC packs within games started to catch on. With the Xbox 360 and PS3, the prominent method became the DLC packs which further evolved into "season passes", and then microtransactions in
    the form of "vending machine" purchases started to catch on. With the current generation of the Xbox One and PS4, the prominent method of microtransactions further evolved to include RNG "loot boxes" of both cosmetic only and pay-to-win items alongside seasonal
    "battle pass" systems. Now I fear that the newest monetization method that might catch on for the upcoming Xbox "Scarlett" and PS5 are in-game subscriptions that lock off "premium" content behind a monthly / yearly paywall.

Before you call me crazy and write this discussion post off as conspiracy theory, consider looking at this monetization method from a business perspective. The triple-A games where I would predict this method
    to most likely take place are 3rd-party titles that are eventually added to both the Xbox Game Pass and Playstation Now subscription services, a business model where 3rd-party developers / publishers essentially choose to omit their game's sales profit numbers
    in return for higher profit numbers from the other monetization methods like DLC and microtransactions. The 3rd-party companies could justify this method by saying that in-game subscriptions are a "necessary alternative" to make up for the financial loss of
    fewer sales numbers. Hell, even games that aren't included in Xbox Game Pass or PSN (both 1st and 3rd party) could see in-game subscriptions being added alongside DLC and microtransactions IN ADDITION to the initial $60 asking price. What a
    [Mod Removed - Profanity] show that would become....

So, if any of my aforementioned predictions has concerned you about the future of gaming, I implore you to NEVER even consider subscribing to Fallout 1st, or any other potential in-game subscription within a $60 video
    game for that matter. It has been proven many times within our gaming industry that when consumers collectively retaliate against egregious business practices (i.e. NOT purchase / subscribe to them), companies do listen and concede so long as it affects their
    bottom line(s). We vote with our bank accounts friends, and because of Bethesda, election season for the next console generation regarding monetization methods has just started.

What will you vote for?

:)

MASTERMINDEVAN, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

The Future of Gaming - Thanks to Bethesda, the future doesn't look too bright....

1. The Future of Gaming - Thanks to Bethesda, the future doesn't look too bright.... - Similar Threads - Future Gaming Thanks

2. Future of game disscounts like Black Friday and game sales

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Future of game disscounts like Black Friday and game sales: I didnt get any games for black friday or cyber monday.. but With game pass and companies renting games i believe the sales will drop but not so much that they will notice....
  3. Does HDR will be compatible with Console / Game Streaming at some point in the future?

in XboX Insiders
    Does HDR will be compatible with Console / Game Streaming at some point in the future?: I mean the current stream to the PC with the companion Xbox app does not allow HDR images, so since I'm not able to test on my own I wonder if the new systems will allow it, since there's phones...
  4. Will we be able to stream Xbox 360 & Xbox Original Games in future too?

in XboX Insiders
    Will we be able to stream Xbox 360 & Xbox Original Games in future too?: I love the new streaming feature, it’s awesome! But at the moment it’s only limited to Xbox one games. I’m just wondering if in the future we’ll be able to stream Xbox 360 & Xbox Original Games...
  5. Future games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Future games: Will there ever be a realistic mlb game on xbox in the future we need one e8726d38-90e8-4f33-9305-33a2cf755973
  6. Xbox One Games For New Future Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox One Games For New Future Xbox: I have a question about some games that are currantly on the Xbox One, I will use the game Warframe as an example, when the new Xbox comes out, will my account on Warframe (And other online games)...
  7. Future of games with gold?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Future of games with gold?: So we were told there would be no more xbox 360 games coming to xbox one via backwards compatibility. What does this mean for xbox 360 games on games with gold? Will they no longer add any? Will...
  8. Game bar suggestion for the future

in XboX Insiders
    Game bar suggestion for the future: Maybe having the option for iTunes/Apple music if possible in the future? submitted by /u/Mutes_Voice [link] [comments]
  9. The future of xbox console gaming with e3 on the way ....

in XBoX on Consoles
    The future of xbox console gaming with e3 on the way ....: With all of the leaks that are just out there on the net we know both Sony and Microsoft systems will continue to use custom PC components to help make developing games seamless and they will...
  10. Favourite game pass title and what you would like to see added in the future

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Favourite game pass title and what you would like to see added in the future: I quite enjoyed playing n+. It was a present surprise of a game which I never really knew existed and is super fun. Can I say all the games that I own on disk as games I want to see in game-pass?...