"The game could not start. Please download the game again. For more help, go to...

Discus and support "The game could not start. Please download the game again. For more help, go to... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've recently purchased Left 4 Dead 2 off the Marketplace. Using a 32 GB USB, I've installed the game there. It shows no errors when downloading nor... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by poodlerino, May 14, 2019.

1. poodlerino
    poodlerino Guest

"The game could not start. Please download the game again. For more help, go to...

I've recently purchased Left 4 Dead 2 off the Marketplace. Using a 32 GB USB, I've installed the game there. It shows no errors when downloading nor while I purchased it. But as soon as I start a solo match, not even 10 minutes have passed then, it shows
    the [title] error. I've tried the following:

• Deleting last update and downloading/installing it again.
    • It is not a physical copy of the game, so I think there's no need of cleaning/checking the disk or sensors.
    • Deleting cache.
    • Troubleshooting the external storage device.

I have my suspicions it is the pen drive, as it is a no-name one. However, it seems to have trouble even with other USBs. If there's no other option, I guess I'll have to wait until I can buy a new Hard Drive (the one that comes by default it's only 3+ GB--
    the game is 4+ GB). But I want to see other possible solutions before I do it.

Thank you.

:)

poodlerino, May 14, 2019
  2. Viviannah Win User

Help!!!

"The game could not start. Please download the game again. For more help, go to www.xbox.com/support."

I didnt get this message.
  3. Alucario Ultra Win User

"The game could not start. Please download the game again. For more help, go to www.xbox.com/support." For Xbox 360.

Well, you may try using a USB 3.0.

Also, check if you experiment the same issue in all of your USB ports. I have an Xbox arcade with only 20gb HD, so I use a USB 3.0 to store my other games, in the front ports of the console.

Also, do not use extension cords for the USB because they can drain power.
  4. TheHooniganTX Win User

"The game could not start. Please download the game again. For more help, go to www.xbox.com/support." For Xbox 360.

Hi Poodllerino,

Here are a few things to check for external storage on the Xbox 360:

A USB device connected to your Xbox 360 console might not work as expected for any of the following reasons:

• The device isn't compatible with Xbox 360.
    • The USB cable connection is incorrect or faulty.
    • The Xbox 360 console didn't recognize the device during startup.
    • The USB device requires an external power supply or is faulty.
    • The over-current protection mechanism temporarily disabled the USB port on the Xbox 360 console.
    • The USB port on the Xbox 360 console is faulty.

Here are some helpful links to troubleshooting usb storage:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/usb-device-troubleshooting

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/accessories/using-usb-flash-drive

USB minimum requirements

To use a USB flash drive with your Xbox 360 console, it must meet these requirements:

• A minimum of 1 GB of storage capacity
    • Windows FAT32 file system format
    Note If you formatted the device in Windows using FAT16 or NTFS, you might be able to reformat it in Windows using FAT32. Macintosh and Linux formats do not work.

Warning Using a USB flash drive that does not meet the minimum requirements might significantly affect the performance of your console.

Let us know if that helps!
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

the game could not start . download it again

That is a strange issue. What hard drive do you have, is it official? Try using the system without the hard drive attached and download a demo or an arcade game direct to a USB flash drive, does the download work?
  6. MacKellam Win User

Original Xbox Games Unplayable?

Oops, sorry. Forgot to include the error message! It's the typical "Game could not be started, please download the game again." message.
Thema:

1. "The game could not start. Please download the game again. For more help, go to... - Similar Threads - game start Please

2. The game could not start, please download the game again! Star wars battlefront 2 2005 Xbox ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The game could not start, please download the game again! Star wars battlefront 2 2005 Xbox ...: Hello community! i have a Xbox 360 S with an official Xbox 224 GB hard drive and HDD, and I have all the updates. Every time I try to put in star wars battlefront 2 2005, the same error message...
  3. The game could not start, please download the game again...Starwars battlefront 2 original ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The game could not start, please download the game again...Starwars battlefront 2 original ...: I have an Xbox 360 slim with a HDD hard drive, and all the software is updated to the full extent. Every single time I try to play this backwards comparable game, the same message pops up. The...
  4. Unknown Error when starting the game Please HELP!!!!!!!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unknown Error when starting the game Please HELP!!!!!!!: I can't even get past the "Press Start to Play" screen. It gives me a message saying "Load Failed. An unknown error has occured" I have exhausted all the help that Xbox support could give me....
  5. "Game couldn't start, please try downloading game again" GTA5 from Xbox Live

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Game couldn't start, please try downloading game again" GTA5 from Xbox Live: I downloaded GTA V from Xbox Live, On Demand two days ago. Installed both the compatibility patches and all the DLC content. The game will run for a short time but during a transition or...
  6. My Minecraft won't start at all and I just bought the game please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My Minecraft won't start at all and I just bought the game please help: I bought the game, because I was curios about the game and it allowed up to four players. I can't even get the game to start. I see a lot of complaints about how the game won't load, and worlds...
  7. "Game could not start. Please try downloading again." error.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Game could not start. Please try downloading again." error.: I have recently purchased Minecraft for the xbox , and a long time ago i bought Supreme Commander 2 (both digital, downloaded copies). Both have the same "Game could not start. Please try...
  8. Started getting the "just getting your game ready" thing for all my digital games? Please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Started getting the "just getting your game ready" thing for all my digital games? Please help!: So a couple days ago I had to move some stuff around my room so I unplugged everything. I have tons of digital games on my external hard drive in fact everything is there. Everything sat...
  9. I keep losing my Xbox Live connection when i start any games including apps/games, PLEASE HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    I keep losing my Xbox Live connection when i start any games including apps/games, PLEASE HELP: Dear Xbox, I keep losing my xbox live connection when i start any game, I'm really getting annoyed by this as it has been happening for the past 3-6 days. I want to play with my friends but it...
  10. My Xbox 360 logs me off when i start a game or app. Please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox 360 logs me off when i start a game or app. Please help.: When ever im in the dashboard every thing seems fine and then when I go to launch a app or a game or even o the avatar editor im logged offline. I then have to log back on and sometime more then...