The headphones do not work anymore

Discus and support The headphones do not work anymore in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello everyone! I'm having problems with headphones lately. They do not work when I put the jack in the controller. Thanks for the help... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FedericoSansone, Feb 9, 2019.

1. The headphones do not work anymore

Hello everyone! I'm having problems with headphones lately. They do not work when I put the jack in the controller. Thanks for the help

:)

FedericoSansone, Feb 9, 2019
  2. Jurgen1488 Win User

Always buy headphones where the packaging is marked as compatible with the Xbox.
  3. {Parity} Win User

Try performing a hard reset EXACTLY like this. Hold the power button on the console for 8 seconds or until the power shuts down completely. Unplug the power cord from the back of the console for 5 minutes. Plug the power cord back in and restart
    the console. If that doesn't work try a different controller. Also, others have reported using the headphone adapter resolves a lot of those types of issues.
  4. ThePouchBear Win User

I The headphone jack of the controller may have failed. Try the headphones in another controller to see if that may have happened.
  5. ryan 8353 Win User

It was turtle beach headphones . I found there was no sound when I went into settings then audio and the headset chat mixer slider was missing.if u put headphones on then take the jack out of port until u hear a crackling through headset it would work.but
    I had to do this every time I turned xbox on.hence a fault with headphone jack port on both controllers
  6. ryan 8353 Win User

hi federico i had same problem on 2 xbox one controllers no sound coming through headsets.go into audio settings and find headphone chat mix sliderif not there its a problem with the headphone jack port.i sent 2 controllers back 2 microsoft for exchange
    because of this fault with the jack port. hope this helps.
Thema:

1. The headphones do not work anymore - Similar Threads - headphones anymore

2. TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...

in XBoX Accessibility
    TaoTronics Bluetooth Headphones Mic not working when using Turtle Beach Headset Audio...: Hi all, Just a bit of advice as I'm pretty sure I'm not doing something correctly. I have a pair of bluetooth headphones from TaoTronics. I wanted to use these with my Xbox One and purchased a...
  3. Headphone jack not working properly?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphone jack not working properly?: Hey so yesterday the controller audio jack stoped working. I tried everything, reset the controller, the default settings, etc. Today I tried to plug in my headset that I use only for thus...
  4. Dolby Atmos issue for headphones

in XboX Insiders
    Dolby Atmos issue for headphones: i used the trial a few months ago for my controller connected headset, it worked fine. i just purchased it now, and it just says "Get set up or connect headphones" after selecting the correct...
  5. 3.5mm headphone Jack

in XBoX on Consoles
    3.5mm headphone Jack: I have the purple fortnite special edition xbox one s console and controller and recently the 3.5mm headphone jack stopped working, we have tried various headsets to no luck, but if you use one of...
  6. Adapter for Xbox1 audio-usb headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    Adapter for Xbox1 audio-usb headphones: Hey everyone! I've recently bought new headphones for pc gaming and but they have a usb connection. I completely forgot that the Xbox1 controller is a 3.5mm jack connection ‍♀️ I saw online a...
  7. DTS and L:CPM encodede movie discs on Xbox One's Dolby Atmos Headphone app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    DTS and L:CPM encodede movie discs on Xbox One's Dolby Atmos Headphone app: I don't know what the Xbox Prime's Dolny/DTS options were.. On the 360, when I bought a Turtle Beach X41, there was an option to turn DTS movies into Dolby using the 360. It worked on DVDs and HD...
  8. The controller does not detect any headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    The controller does not detect any headphones: After connecting the headphones, the controller does not detect them. I do not hear YouTube, my friends and they me too. I don't know what to do about it. a57e1eeb-596c-4036-b00e-01464482a860
  9. Headphones / mic not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headphones / mic not working: Hi the mic icon next to the battery icon is muted and no matter what we do it will not change. This is why we believe the headphones / mic is not working. We have re-assigned controllers, bought...
  10. xbox one headphone microphone

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox one headphone microphone: I just bought my son an xbox one A10 headset to replace an older one (3 months) that stopped working. He can hear others on it but the microphone will not work. Nobody can hear him. I've been...