The "Home" command

Discus and support The "Home" command in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone else have issues with the Hulu plus app from randomly thinking it hears the word "Home" then completely backing out of your video? Happens to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Kibbles, Jan 24, 2014.

1. Kibbles
    Kibbles Guest

The "Home" command

Anyone else have issues with the Hulu plus app from randomly thinking it hears the word "Home" then completely backing out of your video? Happens to me so many times, it drives me nuts. The Hulu Plus app definitely needs to be thought through more from
    a voice command perspective. Another issue I've had is, how on earth do you get to your Queue from the main view on the app with voice only?

:)

Kibbles, Jan 24, 2014
  2. Silly voice command blunders!

So I kept saying "xbox home" and it kept snapping the help screen, I'm thinking "wtf??? This sucks!!" Until I realized I should of been saying "xbox GO HOME" ha! Stupid me!! I thought it was funny and thought I would share and wondering if anyone else
    out there has been making or made any silly voice command blunders!

Jason Lazette, Jan 24, 2014
  3. IceStorm III
    IceStorm III Guest
    Kinect-less X1 in 2014 predicted?

[quote user="HairyLoveSpuds"]Effectively it does,[/quote]It does not.

Voice can go to the home row and select a game that is installed on the home row. It cannot start any applications. It can't do anything once a game is running.
    Having voice commands that do effectively
    nothing means it effectively does not have voice commands.
    It's not a question of "better". The functionality of the two is utterly different.

[quote user="Lloydy 25"]Effectively it DOES.[/quote]I think you both need to look up what "effectively" means.
    Kinect provides voice control of the Xbox One console and most of its features. It is a pervasive control
    system that works cross-app and cross-game.

PS4 has none of that functionality and Sony originally planned to position the PS4 with its camera at the same price point.

IceStorm III, Jan 24, 2014
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Home Automation Commands

I wouldn't imagine that the Xbox One is designed with Smart Home functionality in mind, especially with Kinect being phased out nowadays. Overall, I wouldn't have high hopes of expecting that in a future update anytime soon.

You can suggest it on http://xbox.uservoice.com, and see how much traction that idea gets with the community.

Otherwise, you might be better off leaving those kinds of features to your smartphone. That's what most "Smart Home" product API's and apps are written for anyway.
  5. JayJayA Win User

Home Automation Commands

Ok, thanks. Kinect is getting phased out?! As I have continued to research this matter, I have come to have a better understanding. Home Automation (HA) does not have to be integrated into the Xbox itself, its a matter of leveraging Cortana's voice interaction
    through a voice command definition file in a background UWP app that (acts a conduit) talks with the WebSmartApp on the SmartThings hub to issue commands to it to control the devices registered on the SmartThings hub as well as receive feedback that Cortana
    can deliver in audio/visual.

I wouldn't imagine that the Xbox One is designed with Smart Home functionality in mind, especially with Kinect being phased out nowadays. Overall, I wouldn't have high hopes of expecting that in a future update anytime soon.

You can suggest it on http://xbox.uservoice.com, and see how much traction that idea gets with the community.

Otherwise, you might be better off leaving those kinds of features to your smartphone. That's what most "Smart Home" product API's and apps are written for anyway.A
  6. TwinStripeUK Win User

Xbox home won't load up

So the 'Home' button and Kinect 'Xbox Go Home' commands don't work?
  7. Mister Maka Win User

Netflix and Hulu voice commands not working.

Hey there apakunah48.

Do you have voice command issues with anything other than media apps? Does your Xbox One pick up commands while on the Home screen?
  8. JackTheCreeper Win User

New Approaches to Home and Xbox Voice Commands Roll Out to Xbox Insiders

I'm definitely interested in the improvements to the Home screen. I'm always down for a speedier interface. As for the Cortana commands, I never really used her much. I always felt that when requesting a command from Cortana it was slower than when I had
    the original Xbox commands. So I gravitated to using the button commands instead.
Thema:

The "Home" command

1. The "Home" command - Similar Threads - Home command

2. Xbox home and refund problems

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox home and refund problems: What happened to my xbox home button, also i cant request a refund because the one game i refuned they said it was closed, but now i cant request a refund. 4c498efd-397e-4d36-bfb0-1dc38317f655
  3. xbox home

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox home: hy please reset xbox my home 902928e9-074d-4952-b597-f2454999ba4b
  4. The Xbox button on my controller takes me back to the Android home screen.

in XboX Insiders
    The Xbox button on my controller takes me back to the Android home screen.: We here at Team Xbox have heard you, and we understand that since the launch of Xbox Game Streaming the Xbox button does not do what all Xbox users have grown to expect. Right now, pressing the...
  5. Home screen ads: "Show less like this" does nothing. Any fixes?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Home screen ads: "Show less like this" does nothing. Any fixes?: I am not a fan of video game streaming. I have never enjoyed it. Sitting and watching other people do the same thing for hours on end is not appealing to me in any way. I understand there's a...
  6. XBox One S - Way to pin Edge Favs to Home Screen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBox One S - Way to pin Edge Favs to Home Screen?: The topic is pretty much all there is to it. Is there a way to pin Edge favorites to the Home Screen? 62980acb-cbe6-4934-b534-0d729968768d
  7. Does it work outside your home?

in XboX Insiders
    Does it work outside your home?: Might be a dumb questions but does the console streaming work if your not at home? submitted by /u/LordxSupreme [link] [comments]
  8. New Approaches to Home and Xbox Voice Commands Roll Out to Xbox Insiders

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Approaches to Home and Xbox Voice Commands Roll Out to Xbox Insiders: I’m interested and looking forward to it. Change can be good but guess we’ll find out in the fall. 8febc638-b252-4b21-9678-f9d4de5f368d
  9. New Approaches to Home and Xbox Voice Commands Roll Out to Xbox Insiders

in XboX Insiders
    New Approaches to Home and Xbox Voice Commands Roll Out to Xbox Insiders: [IMG] submitted by /u/XIPBot [link] [comments]
  10. Home Automation Commands

in XBoX on Consoles
    Home Automation Commands: Hello, It would be great to have more advanced commands that can interact with Home Automation devices such as Samsung SmartThings instead of just basic commands to rewind and launch games or...