The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive

Discus and support The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; On Friday when I was gaming, I was prompt to do the update so I did and just went to bed since it was really late. Come the next day, my hard drive... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/catsnbikess, Aug 4, 2019.

1. The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive

On Friday when I was gaming, I was prompt to do the update so I did and just went to bed since it was really late. Come the next day, my hard drive wasn’t being picked up by the Xbox so I thought it was a software issue. Fast forward to today, I decided to see if I can plug it into my PC and see what has happened. I was given an error message of failed port for the device so I tried many others and still get the same error. I go to the device manager and it reads device descriptor failed or something like that. So basically I screwed since I have no idea on how to fix it. Maybe it’s by chance, maybe not but my external was working up until the forced update.

submitted by /u/catsnbikess
    [link] [comments]

/u/catsnbikess, Aug 4, 2019
  2. chillgreg Win User

External hard drive no longer recognised..

I am in the Preview Program, have the latest update, and have had no problems with my Xbox recognising the external hard drive.
  3. PopDog14 Win User

Cannot manage external hard drive

Just an update, I believe it might be the external hard drive having issues. I emailed Seagate support for help as well.
  4. PICKLEB0Y Win User

External Hard Drive Will Not Format or Work (HD Works just fine on another Xbox)

I reluctantly did a factory reset on the console :( the console will now format external hard drives, but still will not install games onto the external hard drive. I think I am going to try an offline update to revert it to an older firmware, then update
    the console to the latest OS because I am 99% sure it is a software issue, maybe a corrupt kernel or something that makes it hang up when installing games on an external drive.
  5. JoeNocella Win User

External hard drive no longer recognised..

Unless you're in the Preview Program. It appears that those participating, like myself, have been having issues where the external hard drive is no longer recognized since the latest update under the Preview Program.
  6. LongStrangeTrip Win User

Wolfenstien: the new order. Not loading.

Update: I have an external hard drive, I removed this and downloaded my game to the console. This resolved all my issues. I also noticed a huge lag in the menus when using the hard drive. Maybe the update messed something up with that.

Microsoft, please look into this. The external hard drive is going to be essential to a lot of gamers.
Thema:

The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive

1. The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive - Similar Threads - latest update might

2. BEYOND frustrated with this latest update

in XboX Insiders
    BEYOND frustrated with this latest update: I've noticed a few people on this subreddit having this issue with no answer in sight yet. I'm in the Alpha, or Alpha Skip-ahead, I don't remember which. Anyways, I kept getting error...
  3. When will the latest Alpha Skip-Ahead Preview Ring! update be available.

in XboX Insiders
    When will the latest Alpha Skip-Ahead Preview Ring! update be available.: Good evening. I have been an insider update member for a while now but not really understood what each one represented till now. Just reading about all the different preview rings etc. I see the...
  4. Xbox One X Alpha Skip Ahead Latest update on 12/4 problem

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox One X Alpha Skip Ahead Latest update on 12/4 problem: My Xbox One X updated to the latest version of the Alpha Skip Ahead ring of the Insiders Program. Ever since the update my console first started to not start up properly. For example my console...
  5. Network Connectivity Broken in latest Build Update (Help!)

in XboX Insiders
    Network Connectivity Broken in latest Build Update (Help!): I'm part of the Omega group and my Xbox One X recently installed the latest build available. After updating, the Xbox showed that it was offline. I checked network settings and the status was that...
  6. No controller response after latest Alpha Skip Ahead Update

in XboX Insiders
    No controller response after latest Alpha Skip Ahead Update: This started today - no matter which controller I use on my Xbox One X - the controller does NOT respond on the dashboard. As I also have a USB-Keyboard connected I started a game - IN the game...
  7. Since the latest update (10.0.19022.1201) I am unable to use a controller after coming out...

in XboX Insiders
    Since the latest update (10.0.19022.1201) I am unable to use a controller after coming out...: I am in alpha skip ahead and after the latest update my one x is playing up. If I resume the console from standby only the home button works on the controller, I am unable to move anything or...
  8. Updating Minecraft for Xbox One to latest version

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Updating Minecraft for Xbox One to latest version: Hello! I am trying to update my copy of Minecraft: Xbox One Edition to the newer version (bedrock edition) There is a button on the MC main menu that says "Update to the latest version of...
  9. HDR is Not Working after Latest Update (Beta ring)

in XboX Insiders
    HDR is Not Working after Latest Update (Beta ring): Build # 19H1_release_xbox_dev_1911.191028-1335 -HDR games are washed out No notification on my TV that HDR content is being viewed(TCL has a notification, idk about other TVs) I’ve...
  10. Mixer App Will Be Discontinued, Discovered After Latest Skip Ahead Update

in XboX Insiders
    Mixer App Will Be Discontinued, Discovered After Latest Skip Ahead Update: [IMG] submitted by /u/Krose7298 [link] [comments]