The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive

Discus and support The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; On Friday when I was gaming, I was prompt to do the update so I did and just went to bed since it was really late. Come the next day, my hard drive... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/catsnbikess, Aug 4, 2019.

1. The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive

On Friday when I was gaming, I was prompt to do the update so I did and just went to bed since it was really late. Come the next day, my hard drive wasn’t being picked up by the Xbox so I thought it was a software issue. Fast forward to today, I decided to see if I can plug it into my PC and see what has happened. I was given an error message of failed port for the device so I tried many others and still get the same error. I go to the device manager and it reads device descriptor failed or something like that. So basically I screwed since I have no idea on how to fix it. Maybe it’s by chance, maybe not but my external was working up until the forced update.

submitted by /u/catsnbikess
    [link] [comments]

/u/catsnbikess, Aug 4, 2019
  2. chillgreg Win User

External hard drive no longer recognised..

I am in the Preview Program, have the latest update, and have had no problems with my Xbox recognising the external hard drive.
  3. TimsGurhl Win User

Installation issue

If you recently updated your console with the February 2020 update, it has bricked external hard drives world wide and Xbox Support refuses to acknowledge that the last update is causing an issue with external hard drives. No games will download, install,
    or launch from external drives since the update. They've known about this for close to a month.
  4. PopDog14 Win User

Cannot manage external hard drive

Just an update, I believe it might be the external hard drive having issues. I emailed Seagate support for help as well.
  5. PICKLEB0Y Win User

External Hard Drive Will Not Format or Work (HD Works just fine on another Xbox)

I reluctantly did a factory reset on the console :( the console will now format external hard drives, but still will not install games onto the external hard drive. I think I am going to try an offline update to revert it to an older firmware, then update
    the console to the latest OS because I am 99% sure it is a software issue, maybe a corrupt kernel or something that makes it hang up when installing games on an external drive.
  6. JoeNocella Win User

External hard drive no longer recognised..

Unless you're in the Preview Program. It appears that those participating, like myself, have been having issues where the external hard drive is no longer recognized since the latest update under the Preview Program.
Thema:

The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive

1. The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive - Similar Threads - latest update might

2. Latest Update now my external HD not showing up

in XboX Insiders
    Latest Update now my external HD not showing up: My seagate external HD was working perfectly, until the recent update. I have checked it extensively on my laptop, and it’s functional. Plug it in to any Xbox USB port, nothing. It only shows my...
  3. Latest xbox update cause a graphics issue with Destiny2?

in XboX Insiders
    Latest xbox update cause a graphics issue with Destiny2?: I just got a new xbox series X yesterday and when I play destiny 2 there are pixelations all over the screen that I can’t get rid of no matter what trouble shooting I try. I’ve tried factory...
  4. Microsoft Edge keeps closing, started with the latest update

in XboX Insiders
    Microsoft Edge keeps closing, started with the latest update: If I navigating youtube it closes, or any other site. No error message or anything just crashes and brings me to the home screen. submitted by /u/GeezyBoy_Jan [link] [comments]
  5. Since the latest Update: Xbox Boot-Sequence is gone

in XboX Insiders
    Since the latest Update: Xbox Boot-Sequence is gone: I'm on Series S and there was a Firmware-Update about 2 days ago? The System is showing me there was also an Update today, yet my console was fully shut down. Anyway: The Boot-Sequence with the...
  6. 4k dashboard isn't working after latest delta update

in XboX Insiders
    4k dashboard isn't working after latest delta update: After the latest beta and delta updates we received 4k dashboard, but I'm 100% sure my dashboard is still 1080p I've tried everything from switching from 1080p back to 4k, I've done power cycle...
  7. Latest update has caused Twitch streaming issues

in XboX Insiders
    Latest update has caused Twitch streaming issues: Every since the last update I've not been able to stream on Twitch using a camera. I'm on the Series X and every time I try to start a stream with my camera plugged in my stream immediately shuts...
  8. Latest alpha update appears to have broken the guide

in XboX Insiders
    Latest alpha update appears to have broken the guide: Error message as follows: Please try again For some reason Xbox Report a Problem took too long to start. (0x8027025a) Another side effect I've noticed are that notifications are not popping...
  9. Controller Battery Problem After Latest Update.

in XboX Insiders
    Controller Battery Problem After Latest Update.: I am on Alpha Skip-Ahead program, after the latest update for the Xbox One Controller, my controller still drain the battery when is off, and I have Original Battery for Xbox Controllers, I hope...
  10. latest controller update, anyone else

in XboX Insiders
    latest controller update, anyone else: Ever since thisahis latest update my Elite Series 2 has started having a drift upwards from the left stick. I would have said this was drift(which would piss me off since this thing is less than...