The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive

Discus and support The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; On Friday when I was gaming, I was prompt to do the update so I did and just went to bed since it was really late. Come the next day, my hard drive... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/catsnbikess, Aug 4, 2019.

1. The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive

On Friday when I was gaming, I was prompt to do the update so I did and just went to bed since it was really late. Come the next day, my hard drive wasn’t being picked up by the Xbox so I thought it was a software issue. Fast forward to today, I decided to see if I can plug it into my PC and see what has happened. I was given an error message of failed port for the device so I tried many others and still get the same error. I go to the device manager and it reads device descriptor failed or something like that. So basically I screwed since I have no idea on how to fix it. Maybe it’s by chance, maybe not but my external was working up until the forced update.

submitted by /u/catsnbikess
    [link] [comments]

/u/catsnbikess, Aug 4, 2019
  2. chillgreg Win User

External hard drive no longer recognised..

I am in the Preview Program, have the latest update, and have had no problems with my Xbox recognising the external hard drive.
  3. PopDog14 Win User

Cannot manage external hard drive

Just an update, I believe it might be the external hard drive having issues. I emailed Seagate support for help as well.
  4. PICKLEB0Y Win User

External Hard Drive Will Not Format or Work (HD Works just fine on another Xbox)

I reluctantly did a factory reset on the console :( the console will now format external hard drives, but still will not install games onto the external hard drive. I think I am going to try an offline update to revert it to an older firmware, then update
    the console to the latest OS because I am 99% sure it is a software issue, maybe a corrupt kernel or something that makes it hang up when installing games on an external drive.
  5. JoeNocella Win User

External hard drive no longer recognised..

Unless you're in the Preview Program. It appears that those participating, like myself, have been having issues where the external hard drive is no longer recognized since the latest update under the Preview Program.
  6. LongStrangeTrip Win User

Wolfenstien: the new order. Not loading.

Update: I have an external hard drive, I removed this and downloaded my game to the console. This resolved all my issues. I also noticed a huge lag in the menus when using the hard drive. Maybe the update messed something up with that.

Microsoft, please look into this. The external hard drive is going to be essential to a lot of gamers.
Thema:

The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive

1. The latest update might have bricked my external hard drive - Similar Threads - latest update might

2. OSU1 updates - How do I know its the latest version?

in XBoX Accessibility
    OSU1 updates - How do I know its the latest version?: Right - so I downloaded the OSU1 file on August 14, 2019 - assuming that it would have the latest dash update. However, when I went into Settings to check the version number, it still has the last...
  3. Xbox one not letting me start parties or invite people to them since latest Alpha update...

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox one not letting me start parties or invite people to them since latest Alpha update...: I go to start a party and it grays out if I click it. Also, when i go to invite people, it says error starting party. The console has felt very slow and laggy since the update yesterday, but this...
  4. Latest update messed up download stats bandwidth usage. Downloaded 2.2gb in last hour and...

in XboX Insiders
    Latest update messed up download stats bandwidth usage. Downloaded 2.2gb in last hour and...: [IMG] submitted by /u/sakattack360 [link] [comments]
  5. Since the latest update my home button on the controller stopped working. Anyone else?

in XboX Insiders
    Since the latest update my home button on the controller stopped working. Anyone else?: So for example, if I click a game, the only way to go back to the main menu is to completely restart the console manually. submitted by /u/Snowstandards [link] [comments]
  6. I updated to the latest update for beta ring and now nothing loads, store, games, etc, and...

in XboX Insiders
    I updated to the latest update for beta ring and now nothing loads, store, games, etc, and...: submitted by /u/XboxInsider127372827 [link] [comments]
  7. ERROR: Latest XB1 update 7/8/2019 10.0.18362.5047 now my 2 xbox dont turn on my 2 kinect !

in XBoX on Consoles
    ERROR: Latest XB1 update 7/8/2019 10.0.18362.5047 now my 2 xbox dont turn on my 2 kinect !: I have an XB1 X and XB1 S with kinect and after the update of 7/08/2019 10.0.18362.5047 when i turn on my 2 xbox they dont turn on the kinect. I have to everytime : --------------------------...
  8. After latest Delta update controller prompts for update but then says there is no update

in XboX Insiders
    After latest Delta update controller prompts for update but then says there is no update: I've read that this update does include a new firmware for the controllers, but I can't update any of my two controllers. They don't prompt an update when I turn them on, instead they prompt it...
  9. After latest July 2019 Xbox update getting packet loss and lag issues when playing...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After latest July 2019 Xbox update getting packet loss and lag issues when playing...: So I was out of town for two weeks and came back two days ago and when I turned on my Xbox One X it said it had a new update. I updated it and now every game I play is giving my packet loss issues...
  10. Xbox Game Pass Ark Survival Evolved not updating to latest patch

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Pass Ark Survival Evolved not updating to latest patch: Hello, on Friday the 19th Ark Survival Evolved had a patch with added the latest map Valguero to it. This update appears on Xbox and the server I play on updated to it. But I am not seeing the...