The new gamertag system

Discus and support The new gamertag system in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; If I change my gamertag to something that has a suffix, will my friends see the suffix in-game? I know that they won't see it in the friends list, I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AaronApparently, Apr 22, 2020.

1. The new gamertag system

If I change my gamertag to something that has a suffix, will my friends see the suffix in-game? I know that they won't see it in the friends list, I just wanna know before I commit to a new one.

:)

AaronApparently, Apr 22, 2020
  2. AngelObullets Win User

The new gamertag system

There isn't a way to hide those numbers, Sorry if someone told you different. Having the same gamertag as someone else would cause problems that is why the number system is there to stop false reports ect. It's for security and safety reasons that's why
    the new # number system was in place.
  3. Sh4ckleford Win User

The new gamertag system

Unfortunately there really isn't a way around the 12 character rule.
  4. brandiesel1 Win User

New gamertag system?

I dont like that you can take someone else's gamertag just by adding a number. That's stupid.

The only change they should have made is taking away the fee to change it. You already pay for their service.

Xbox is the only platform in the world that charges you to change your screen name. Its absolutely ridiculous.
  5. SepiaMX Win User

New gamertag system?

I use a short gamertag and it does not affect me, but I have seen many people disagree with this, and it make sense as some people like to have long gamertag that are unique for them.
  6. SA1NT 0F LI3S Win User
Thema:

The new gamertag system

1. The new gamertag system - Similar Threads - gamertag system

2. Old gamertag system: How to change the old gamertag?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Old gamertag system: How to change the old gamertag?: Hello! I hope you are having a great day! I have a problem: I need to change my gamertag suffix on the old system and keep the new one. I whould not be okay with paying... I whould in that case...
  3. New Gamertag System

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Gamertag System: My friend wants a 4 letter name and I want one for an alternative account. I have found many, but you need to have them with a hashtag. Also, I found someone in a game called 'b P' and I was like...
  4. Recovering a gamertag when the automated system can't

in XBoX on Consoles
    Recovering a gamertag when the automated system can't: So I have an old account that was hacked many years ago back during the 360 era, and I wanted to try recovering it. Using the automated system didn't get me anywhere, and live chat is unable to do...
  5. New Gamertag System Is Terrible

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Gamertag System Is Terrible: What gives with the new gamertag system. Like we don't need two seperate gamertags for ingame and for the gamertag that shows up on the friends screen. I think it is absolute BS. And one gamertag...
  6. Gamertag System Limiting E-Sports Team Sizes Through Banning Of Prefixes

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag System Limiting E-Sports Team Sizes Through Banning Of Prefixes: I've recently been signed by an E-Sports team, and I wanted to change my gamertag to reflect it. My current gamertag stretches back to something like 2013, so I need to trim it down for the new...
  7. Revert new gamertag system change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Revert new gamertag system change: Hi, on the announcement day of the new gamertag system I changed my GT to Dunny from , I knew about the numbers and thought it would be small like Discord from the screenshots Microsoft showed of...
  8. New Gamertag System-Having problems changing GT

in XboX Insiders
    New Gamertag System-Having problems changing GT: [IMG] So im aware of the new gamertag system. My current gamertag is: Mantum2003 (from the old system so not #2003) I want to change it to: Mantumッ or Mantumッ YT but it buts #numbers in front...
  9. Gamertag system

in XBoX on Consoles
    Gamertag system: I want to change my tag but when choosing the new tag i get the #1234 at the end but nobody else has the gt i want. Is there anyway to keep the suffix numbers off?...
  10. Why won't xbox gamertag system be much like playstation gamertag system?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't xbox gamertag system be much like playstation gamertag system?: This xbox gamertag system of this #34565Why Why Why Why only 12 Characters? 874e7058-7daa-4830-9d04-218ce7d73154