The option to record 1-hour 4K has disappeared (Xbox One X)

Discus and support The option to record 1-hour 4K has disappeared (Xbox One X) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; it has been working fine 4 way over a year, used it last on Tuesday (22/10) and it's working fine, but yesterday I wanted to record a 1 hour 4K clip... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Poulpc, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Poulpc
    Poulpc Guest

it has been working fine 4 way over a year, used it last on Tuesday (22/10) and it's working fine, but yesterday I wanted to record a 1 hour 4K clip from The Outer Worlds, and the option is gone it's only showing the 15 seconds and 30 seconds option, and
    I tried other games and it says the same thing, tried reformatting my thumb drive and selected as capture location again, but the option is still gone, try changing the resolution output down to 1080p and back up to 4k, and check if the TV was getting 4K input
    and it is, i have tested with 2 other drives Usb 3.1 and 3.0 and the 1-hour 4K option still doesn't appear, tried the USB ports on the back as well same problem

did a full factory reset, and it's doing the same thing The option to record 1-hour 4K has disappeared (Xbox One X) :(

problem solved

they have simply move the option, so it's not convenient anymore

:)

Poulpc, Oct 28, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello GimbleFIN,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will
    be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!
  3. GimbleFIN Win User

Glad I found this so I can stop bump head into wall, I have tried everything it does not work anymore.

It appears that when they changed recording features recently they didn't run sufficient "regression testing" on existing features and here we go now. It appears feature is now broken with latest firmware including "improvements" for capture features.

Been using it a lot and hope it will be fixed soon. Hope they also update testcases on this. Testing this should be part of acceptance testing before firmware is released to production environment.
  4. Poulpc Win User

yes i am a Youtuber showing gameplay of new/old Game in Upscaled/Native 4K, but now I can't do that anymore
  5. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Are you trying just from recording a normal game clip and letting it run for an hour? I have noticed that the times have been reduced as well, so I figured that this must have come from a recent update. It used to let you have the option to record the
    last 5 minutes of gameplay as well, but now, the longest option I have is to record the last 2 minutes of gameplay. It seems that they may have reduced the times down across the board. :(
  6. Mythic Sandman Win User

4K Gameplay Capture Length: Is Recording Up To 1 Hour of 4K Gameplay to External SSD No Longer Supported?

Thema:

1. The option to record 1-hour 4K has disappeared (Xbox One X) - Similar Threads - option record hour

2. what is this option in game bar recording?

in XBoX on Windows
    what is this option in game bar recording?: [img] I have attached a image. What is the option showing there. it is showing "record the last" What does it mean???? I need to screen record a one hour lecture. How can I record one...
  3. The option stating 'Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar' will not...

in XBoX on Windows
    The option stating 'Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game bar' will not...: That's all. I know the reason, but I can't fix it b/c windows seems to be pretty unreasonable. b328d159-302d-41ba-b35f-b1158746765a
  4. Is there something wrong with the long-form recording option in my Xbox One X? Unable to...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there something wrong with the long-form recording option in my Xbox One X? Unable to...: I have gone through all the steps of reformatting my external HDD (WD 2TB USB3.0), setting it as capture location, selecting my desired resolution (4K HDR) and rebooting my Xbox if there’s a...
  5. XBOX Game Bar, problem with "record last x time" option

in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Game Bar, problem with "record last x time" option: So, I've been recording many, many Rainbow Six Siege clips thanks to the "Record Last 30 Seconds" option. Thing is, as I always play R6 with my friends, our conversations or reactions are really...
  6. There should be an option to record game chat audio in games

in XboX Insiders
    There should be an option to record game chat audio in games: Sometimes when i play games such as call of duty, it records the voice chat as well and there are some really funny momets and i think there should be a way of doing this as a proper feature....
  7. There is No Option for "Record From Now" (Max 1HR) While Im Offline

in XBoX on Consoles
    There is No Option for "Record From Now" (Max 1HR) While Im Offline: When Im offline... "Capture & Share" tab is inaccessible. And on "HOME" tab there is no "RECORD FROM NOW" option (Max 1 hr ). There is option for "Screenshot" & "Capture What Happend" (Max...
  8. Please add an option to hide the recording timer when recording gameplay videos via the...

in XBoX on Windows
    Please add an option to hide the recording timer when recording gameplay videos via the...: To the dev team: The following is a feature request for the video recording function of the Windows Game Bar in Windows 10. I would like to be able to hide the recording timer when recording...
  9. New symbol and new share option to share last record (screenshot/video clip) in latest...

in XboX Insiders
    New symbol and new share option to share last record (screenshot/video clip) in latest...: [IMG] submitted by /u/earmack [link] [comments]
  10. Xbox capture option is not recording a full 30seconds

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox capture option is not recording a full 30seconds: Sometimes it’s 6 seconds and others 11 seconds. Usually random lengths of time but never 30seconds like it’s supposed t be submitted by /u/catsnbikess [link] [comments]