The potential gold mine that is Survival Horror

Discus and support The potential gold mine that is Survival Horror in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; When we think of genres we think of Shooters, Racing, Arcade and so on, but there are other genres that haven't really found any footing yet on XBOX.... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by TURNDoZER, Mar 5, 2020.

1. TURNDoZER
    TURNDoZER Guest

When we think of genres we think of Shooters, Racing, Arcade and so on, but there are other genres that haven't really found any footing yet on XBOX.

I think the Survival Horror genre is a good example.

Yes, we have Dayz & HUNT, but I want to cover a game that is unique from those despite it being in the same genre.

I'm talking about 7 Days To Die.

A Creative "Build Yourself" Horror Survival, taking a familiar feature of mining and building and throwing it into the world of zombie survival.

This idea was so good and had me playing hours upon hours despite it struggling to average 30fps and was riddled with bugs. I wasn't the only one either, a loyal fanbase was quickly created ready and willing to support the devs through thick and thin to get
    this game off the ground.

Unfortunately, this game didn't receive as many updates as it's PC counterpart.

The frustrating thing is, that this genre could do very well, in fact, I'm willing to bet
    extremely well.

I am honestly surprised we are not seeing more of this type of game, had 7DTD been more refined it could have easily brought in enough money to fund itself in further development.

It really does surprise me how other studios arent trying to get their foot into this genre paving the way for a new type of game.

What are your thoughts? Has the demise of 7DTD on Xbox scared off other studios trying the same idea?

Personally I believe the game itself was using the wrong engine, had it been more refined and less unstable there's no reason why it couldn't have drawn in more and more fans over time.

:)

TURNDoZER, Mar 5, 2020
  2. Badger Gravling Win User

I can only assume that any devs/publishers in that genre tend to either assume or find more of an audience on the PC than the Xbox.

But I definitely agree it could work well - especially considering how many people will be outgrowing trying to do survival challenges in Minecraft etc, and would enjoy something either more teen, or proper mature horror themed...
  3. djmistaspot Win User

I actually feel there is a good amount of survival horror games out there today
  4. DAVIIKUS Win User

Hello, completely agree is a new genre that has entered very strongly, greetings.
  5. KillaRh1no Win User

I love survival and horror so would be great category
  6. BakyOsijekHr Win User

I love nay horror game on my box. Last Re 2 and Re 7 were amazing. Similar is with this game. I think that these games have a solid base on Xbox.
Thema:

1. The potential gold mine that is Survival Horror - Similar Threads - potential gold mine

2. 100s of local screenshots potentially missing

in XboX Insiders
    100s of local screenshots potentially missing: Has there been a change to length of time local screenshots are available for on the Xbox? I have my Xbox set to only manually upload screenshots. Sometimes I upload straight away, but some I...
  3. Preview Delta system update on 3/18/2020 potentially bricked my Seagate 2TB external hard...

in XboX Insiders
    Preview Delta system update on 3/18/2020 potentially bricked my Seagate 2TB external hard...: I was playing with some friends and my xbox randomly needed to update and after it installed i got back on and all of the sudden the xbox wouldn't recognize my external hard drive, the light on it...
  4. What franchise do you think has the most potential but somehow it misses everytime?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What franchise do you think has the most potential but somehow it misses everytime?: I feel like this about the Fallout franchise. If you follow the lore and "vibe" from the first 2 games you ca see the direction they wanted to follow. A grim apocalypse with a lot of references...
  5. Potential Spoilers - Most Emotional moment in gaming.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Potential Spoilers - Most Emotional moment in gaming.: In Destiny 2 dlc, Forsaken, the one and only Cayde 6 dies. I cried so much that day because he was my favorite character. cbe8a725-2c06-4ff0-9436-2300b29ba0fe
  6. Potentially bad fan bearing

in XBoX on Consoles
    Potentially bad fan bearing: Hello, I seem to have an issue with the fan on my 500 GB MCC Xbox One S. it has a clicking fan, and it clicks so loudly that it is very difficult to focus on anything else and its driving me up...
  7. Potential solution for latency issues on Mobile devices (Bluetooth overload)

in XboX Insiders
    Potential solution for latency issues on Mobile devices (Bluetooth overload): Everything started off great. Low latency, remote access. xCloud ran like a dream, console streaming worked perfectly. Then I got brave and started testing configurations. I added and removed...
  8. Xbox one account potentially hacked removing xbox live gold and making it unpurchasable

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one account potentially hacked removing xbox live gold and making it unpurchasable: I was playing Rainbow six: seige around 1am on November 22nd and made a stupid mistake lwading to me gettin a message telling me to leave from someone who wasnt in game, i then decided to take a...
  9. Potential Game Streaming app issue, can't report from app

in XboX Insiders
    Potential Game Streaming app issue, can't report from app: Hey folks! So, I think I discovered something, but it isn't something I can report with the "Report a problem" feature. I am not currently in the preview for xCloud, but I do have the Game...
  10. Xbox one x potential.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one x potential.: I look at the size off some games especially games like forza at over 100gbs in size and i think gosh heres a company who is pushing boundaries then i see some racers and there not even half the...