The Surge not saving my game data on Xbox Game Pass PC

Discus and support The Surge not saving my game data on Xbox Game Pass PC in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; For some reason, the game is not saving any of my data. It's the only game on the game pass that does this and it's frustrating. I played for 6 hours... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Booty Wahreeya, Jul 11, 2019.

1. The Surge not saving my game data on Xbox Game Pass PC

For some reason, the game is not saving any of my data. It's the only game on the game pass that does this and it's frustrating. I played for 6 hours over the weekend just to come back and find out NOTHING saved. The game uses auto save so I cannot do
    a manual one. I've also noticed that I've been getting my achievements super late as well. I beat a boss in the game but did not get the achievement until about 20 minutes later. I hope I'm not the only one having this issue. I'm really enjoying the game but
    this bug or whatever it is just kills it for me. It seems like xbox and the game just aren't communicating effectively or something. I've already tried running everything as admin plus both the game and the xbox app have all the permissions through my firewall.
    I'm running out of ideas here..

:)

Booty Wahreeya, Jul 11, 2019
  2. XBF Leo G Win User

Hello!

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. We will be locking this thread due to it being revived by a new post. If there are any questions, discussions or issues that anyone would like to bring to our attention, please create a new thread. We will
    be more than happy to answer any questions or provide solutions for any issues. Thank you again and happy gaming!
  3. AdamBecket² Win User

The same issue still persists.

The game DID ask (and get) Xbox Live Profile account access on first start. Visible on the MS account page. So it HAS the elevated privileges to read/write save files to the MS/Xbox user cloud data.

The game also is registered in the MS Win 10 Firewall settings. It has the privileges to pass data through the firewall.

Seems, after each time a user starts the game again, the (background?) Xbox profile login/hook and cloud save access does not happen.

Running the game with main Win 10 user profile (with Admin rights), with vanilla slow-tier Win 10 Pro Preview Build. No 3rd party AV. All other XBOX Pass PC games work/save as intended.

//reported it on Xbox Feedback Hub platform.
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there Wahreeya,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox Beta App on PC. I recommend checking out the following article for more troubleshooting information:
    Windows 10 Xbox (Beta) App FAQ.

If the issue persists, we recommend:

• Please use the built-in feedback tool within the Xbox app to help us better understand the issue you are facing. Just click on your profile photo and select “Feedback” from the dropdown menu to open Feedback Hub. Feedback Hub enables you to provide
      feedback about Windows and apps by sharing your suggestions or problems.

Hope this helps.
  5. Booty Wahreeya Win User

I’ve reinstalled the game 3 different times and cleared the data the last time i did it. My windows is up to date as well.

i really just wish this game let you manually save. That’d solve all of this.
  6. Booty Wahreeya Win User

I was afraid it'd come to that. I've had the game running on my PC for 3 days straight because I'm afraid i'll lose all of my progress. But I may just have to try and create a backup save file just before i close out of the game. I'll sign out once I'm
    home from work.
Thema:

1. The Surge not saving my game data on Xbox Game Pass PC - Similar Threads - Surge saving game

2. No connection after power surge

in XBoX on Consoles
    No connection after power surge: A lightning strike nearby left tv and Virgin box broken (won't turn on). My xbox one will turn on and eject discs, however no longer connecting to any tvs even with alternative hdmi cables. 1)...
  3. Xbox One stuck in surge mode - console will not turn on but power button makes clicking...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One stuck in surge mode - console will not turn on but power button makes clicking...: Our power was recently shut off due to electrical lines being replaced. Once it was turned back on, our Xbox was stuck in surge mode. The power supply displays an orange light and the console will...
  4. Surge protector in fuse box enough to protect from power outage?

in XBoX on Windows
    Surge protector in fuse box enough to protect from power outage?: Hi! Didnt know where to post this technical question. I have heard before that power outage can make huge powerspikes/overvolt when the power turns on again. What have happened here a couple...
  5. Surge protector with Xbox One or Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    Surge protector with Xbox One or Xbox 360: I read that plugging an Xbox One or an Xbox 360 into a surge protector can cause problems. I no longer use surge protectors with my Xboxes. Everything seems to be fine. However, I was wondering,...
  6. My xbox one x is turning off it is 11 months old well vented not using surge protector .

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My xbox one x is turning off it is 11 months old well vented not using surge protector .: Some games are bricking the console this has been annoying from first day purchase and now borderlands 3 is a gamble for this game frequently turns off xbox x or plays until it doesnt . IF this is...
  7. Kterej blb to překládal SURGE 2 [Edit - Translation] - Which idiot translated SURGE 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Kterej blb to překládal SURGE 2 [Edit - Translation] - Which idiot translated SURGE 2: Zajímalo by mě jestli někdo vi kdy ze surge 2 odstraní češtinu která byla vytvořena pomocí google překladače a dají tam normalní ,a takhle to je celou hru to není žádná vyjímka. [Edit -...
  8. Xbox One S into Surge Protector

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One S into Surge Protector: I've been using my xbox one s for a while plugged into a surge protector, but I just read that microsoft recommends plugging xbox one s into wall instead of using a surge protector. I've never had...
  9. Xbox One X power surge protection

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X power surge protection: Hi All I have an xbox one x which won't power up or do anything to switch on after a lightning storm the other night. A few other electronics items have been damaged and are presently being...
  10. The surge: corrupt save game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The surge: corrupt save game: Hello. I am trying to load my save game of The Surge. After select the save game in the initial menu, the game try to start but after a few seconds the console is restarted. I suppose the save...