The upcoming TV tuner - DVR functionality?

Discus and support The upcoming TV tuner - DVR functionality? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; This isn't mentioned in the press release, but are there plans to add DVR functionality? You can pause live TV, so at that point it's obviously... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SigmaTheDJ, Aug 8, 2014.

1. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

This isn't mentioned in the press release, but are there plans to add DVR functionality? You can pause live TV, so at that point it's obviously recording the programme to the hard drive, so DVR functionality only seems a couple of steps away from that.

:)

SigmaTheDJ, Aug 8, 2014
  2. U2boy
    U2boy Guest
    U2boy, Aug 8, 2014
  3. U2boy
    U2boy Guest
    U2boy, Aug 8, 2014
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry but, as always, you will not be able to DVR anything that is not game related on the Xbox One console.

onyxishere, Aug 8, 2014
  5. onyxishere Win User

Sorry but, as always, you will not be able to DVR anything that is not game related on the Xbox One console.
  6. U2boy Win User

Xbox DVR Functionality "On Hold"

7. U2boy Win User

Xbox One's Television DVR Feature On Hold!

8. WMC_Forever Win User

Xbox DVR Functionality "On Hold"

9. Boidster Win User

I think Microsoft is targeting an adult audience with the One.

[quote user="Myala"]Why does it need a built in tuner?[/quote]

These days it would need four tuners to keep up with the latest DVRs. I'll be interested to see if any of its potential DVR uses really pay off for anyone.
Thema:

1. The upcoming TV tuner - DVR functionality? - Similar Threads - upcoming tuner DVR

2. Upcoming Game/Pre-order

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Upcoming Game/Pre-order: Hello. I know that there is a new GIjoe game that is supposed to come out in October. I don't see it for sale in the XBox live store yet. Will it be up soon or might it only be available on disk?...
  3. GamePass Ultimate Family Sharing (specifically for upcoming streaming service)

in XBoX on Mobile
    GamePass Ultimate Family Sharing (specifically for upcoming streaming service): Hi All, Many thanks for taking the time to read my question. My current set up is 1 x Xbox One, my 'home' console, for which I have a gamepass ultimate subscription 2 x Android phones /...
  4. Game pass pc upcoming titles

in XBoX on Windows
    Game pass pc upcoming titles: I have had Xbox gamepass for pc for a couple years now and I love it. I absolutely hate paying up to 60$ or more for a game, despite however much i love it, that I will probably only complete 1 or...
  5. What are the upcoming Xbox games?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    What are the upcoming Xbox games?: hi, I was wondering what games will be available after the release of new xbox. I have read an article about new upcoming PS5 games. I loved the trailers of KENA: Bridge of Spirits. What...
  6. Where can we post suggestions for upcoming XBOX series X supported formats for audio?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where can we post suggestions for upcoming XBOX series X supported formats for audio?: Hello! Just a quick question. Where could i post suggestion to work a bit better on Dolby Atmos support for next console? No offence but if this hardware is positioned as premium product then we...
  7. The upcoming X-Box Series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The upcoming X-Box Series X: Yes, I currently own an X Box One X When does the new X Box series X release this year? Will it have blue-ray? I have a 65 inch, 4K television. Will I see a difference in graphics with the new...
  8. Your Favorite Upcoming Release

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Your Favorite Upcoming Release: Hello everyone, With the newest console to hit the market here in the next few months, I've been wondering what are other people hyped for. In my honesty, I'm hyped for it all, being the next...
  9. Upcoming Xbox Dashboard Changes: Speed and Personalisation

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upcoming Xbox Dashboard Changes: Speed and Personalisation: Thanks for posting this, personally I hate it when they keep changing things because you get used to the one way if accessing things then it slightly, and often for little point, changes. However...
  10. Upcoming Console wars XBOX 2 (Project Scarlett) vs Playstation 5

in XBoX on Consoles
    Upcoming Console wars XBOX 2 (Project Scarlett) vs Playstation 5: What do you guys think of Xbox's Project Scarlett compared to Playstation 5. The upcoming console launches represent big stakes for both manufacturers, with Sony's lead in the current console war...