The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings wont work on Xbox One

Discus and support The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings wont work on Xbox One in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So it seems like a ton of people are experiencing this issue recently, I have an xbox one x and had witcher 2 on it and it worked well, but I... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JJDOGIE, Feb 11, 2020.

1. JJDOGIE
    JJDOGIE Guest

So it seems like a ton of people are experiencing this issue recently, I have an xbox one x and had witcher 2 on it and it worked well, but I uninstalled it to make room and now am retrying to get it back so I can finish it.

I owned the game digitally for many years and so of course it showed up again for my ready to install games list, another thing I would like to say is that all the games are installed on my consoles internal hard drive and I had witcher 2 working on the
    internal hard drive before.

Now when I looked at the game to install it there were 2 options, all I know is that one had a 7.7gb and another 7.8gb and they had slightly different game covers where the warner bros logo was missing on one but this one had the cdpr logo and the other
    had the warner bros logo and cdpr logo as well. So I installed the larger 7.8gb option and once it was done I checked back into my ready to install games and that other 7.7gb witcher 2 was gone.

Now the issue is that whenever I start the game it opens with geralt attacking the dragon and it stays there for a few seconds before I get booted out the game and an error pops up saying that the game is not currently released and that you need to wait
    for its release or please try reinstalling again.

Last bit here, When I had witcher 2 installed I checked the reviews for the game on the xbox and other people left 1 star reviews complaining about the same thing that happened to me where the game would not load and say its not released yet. PLEASE help
    me fix this, I would love to finish witcher 2 and get all the acheivements.

:)

JJDOGIE, Feb 11, 2020
  2. QCxOBAKOKAINxN1 Win User

Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. A2Aegis Win User

Witcher 2

4. JJDOGIE Win User

It seems like more and more people are posting about this very problem..... what could possibly fix this? The game literally worked fine like 2 weeks before I uninstalled it. I have removed my account and restarted the console and put my account back in
    but no avail the game will not work. The game would show two versions in my ready to install but now its only one with the 7.8 GB version. I also looked up Witcher 2 in the Microsoft store and it will not show up anymore why is that?
  5. M3tal Daz3 Win User

Do you own the game under the account you are using? Or were you gamesharing with another account? Have you tried to uninstall the game, restart the console and download the game from the xbox store?
  6. Hexxnar Win User

I do own the game, and I just did the reinstall and am waiting for it to finish, and I did a hard shutdown and redownloaded from my downloadable games... and also the game is nowhere to be found on the xbox store for some reason.
    I’ve been working on the same problem and a lot of other posts have said to launch the 7.7gb version as its the one that works. They also said to uninstall both of them and then go redownload it from the store again and it will give you the 7.7gb version
    which will work. However, mine doesn’t have 2 versions in ready to install. Only the 7.8gb version and uninstalling it doesn’t help. It doesn’t show up in the microsoft store at all, yet if you have it downloaded and use more options and press “see in microsoft
    store”

it will take you to the page and ask if you want to launch it, which also doesnt help. I also tried installing it again via the microsoft website from my mobile, which will add it back to my ready to install games, which again, doesn’t do anything helpful.
    I just tried soft factory resetting my console in hopes that would do something but again, no luck.
Thema:

1. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings wont work on Xbox One - Similar Threads - Witcher Assassins Kings

2. Witcher 3 not working

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Witcher 3 not working: I have bought witcher 3 on disc and haven't played it for awhile. I want to play but I can't and instead get the you don't own the game popup even though I have a physical copy....
  3. Witcher 3 goty edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Witcher 3 goty edition: I recently replaced a copy of witcher 3 goty edition with the same problem im having now when i go to play the hame after installing it iy comes up with the notice do you own this game or app if u...
  4. The Witcher 2:Assassins of Kings won't play on my xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Witcher 2:Assassins of Kings won't play on my xbox: I have tried uninstalling, re-installing, soft resets, and this game still won't work. I also tried looking for the 7.7 gb version of the game but, it just isn't there. I have been working on this...
  5. Witcher 2 Assassins Of Kings Enhanced Edition - No Arena in game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Witcher 2 Assassins Of Kings Enhanced Edition - No Arena in game: Hello I had problem with this game. I bought this game in shop (not in marketplace but in standard shop). I installed it on my xbox one console (insert only disc 1) . I start it and its turned...
  6. Problem 'purchasing' Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problem 'purchasing' Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition: I have been trying for the past day to get free Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition from the Xbox store with no luck. All I keep getting is Sorry, this offer is not valid in your region....
  7. The Witcher 2 : Assassin of king is not access with Xbox Live Gold ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Witcher 2 : Assassin of king is not access with Xbox Live Gold ?: This is two days i can't access in the store on Xbox live Gold? And so i don't download game of this month, The Witcher 2? How many time without store or access to game in the xbox live ? Thanks...
  8. The Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    The Witcher 2 Assassin of Kings: When i go to click on The Witcher to download it, it says "no items" at the next screen where it should be saying "Confirm purchase" and all that , hope yous get it sorted soon Microsoft, i...
  9. Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings: So is Witcher 2 gone now? I looked on Xbox live was going to download it b/c it supposed to be free today get an error message something wrong with Live services, So I thought I could pin it in...
  10. Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings: Every where I go to says Witcher 2 will be free Jan 16th, So I go to the Store around 12 Am and i get errors trying to load of the Witcher menu to download it and I get errors, so I go to...