the wrong gamertag is showing up for my microsoft account email

Discus and support the wrong gamertag is showing up for my microsoft account email in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, so I recently changed my account email to a newer one and now when I sign in it comes up with a random account and not my normal one with all my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lewishowlett, Aug 3, 2019.

1. lewishowlett
    lewishowlett Guest

Hi, so I recently changed my account email to a newer one and now when I sign in it comes up with a random account and not my normal one with all my achievements on. Any help? much appreciated

:)

lewishowlett, Aug 3, 2019
  2. lewishowlett Win User

Many thanks felix, just off of the phone with support who managed to fix it all for me after a while.
  3. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hello lewishowlett!

Thanks for reaching out to Xbox forums support.

It sounds like you signed into the wrong account with the wrong email. That's why you don't recognize

the gamertag that popper up.

I would suggest setting up a call back from an Xbox Live support agent by following the steps below. The agent would be able to find your account
    by searching your Gamertag. If you can fortify your account, they'll let you know what email to use to sign into the right account.

As
    provided above the best way to reach Live Support would be here:
    https://support.xbox.com/contact-us#0

Step 1 ----Select Xbox One

Step 2 ----Select See other options

Step 3 ----Select topic (Ex. System Update)

Step 4 ----Select "Show contact options"

Step 5 ----Select request a call from support

I hope this helps a bit more.

Felix

Xbox forums support
  4. Aventhyz Win User

Just the gamertag that's changed or its games and achievements too?
  5. XBF Felixx P Win User

Hey there
    lewishowlett
    !

Thank you for letting us know that I was able to guide you in the right direction towards a resolution. It was my pleasure. We'll be locking the thread as the issue has been resolved. If you ever require any help with
    any other issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you again and have a great day!

HAPPY GAMING!!

Felix

Xbox forums support
  6. DigitalAssassin Win User

2 ACCOUNT LINK TO ONE EMAIL ADDRESS

Thema:

1. the wrong gamertag is showing up for my microsoft account email - Similar Threads - wrong gamertag showing

2. Got wrong gamertag when changing it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Got wrong gamertag when changing it: Hi! I was going to change my gamertag because i got tired of the one i recently had but i got a problem. I wrote in my gt that i wanted and it was aviable but when i was going to pay it said that...
  3. Wrongful Forced gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Wrongful Forced gamertag change: My gamertag that I PAID FOR and that i have had for over 2 years was deemed inappropriate just today and was forcefully changed and now they want me to pay to change it. My name was [Mod Removed]....
  4. email connected to wrong gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    email connected to wrong gamertag: So I recently updated my xbox and when I went to loginto my account the wrong email was connected to the correct gamertag. So I went and deleted the gamertag and went to sign in to it again. It...
  5. Xbox gamertag tenure wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamertag tenure wrong: [img] [img] why my gamertag on Xbox 360 show 3 years gold but on Xbox one my gamertag only show 1. can please the support team fix this :( 54f27d24-3eed-49e1-8084-81378940d962
  6. Xbox gamertag tenure wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox gamertag tenure wrong: [img] [img] why my gamertag on Xbox 360 show 3 years gold but on Xbox one my gamertag only show 1. can please the support team fix this :( 54f27d24-3eed-49e1-8084-81378940d962
  7. Error when trying to change gamertag for child account "Something went wrong: "

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error when trying to change gamertag for child account "Something went wrong: ": Hello, I'm been trying to change the Gamertag for my child account, and no matter what gamertag I choose, even one of the suggested ones, I receive an error: Something Went Wrong Purchase-3001...
  8. Constant "something went wrong" when purchasing gamertag change

in XBoX on Consoles
    Constant "something went wrong" when purchasing gamertag change: I have $10 in my account for a gamertag change. All goes well till the purchase and I always get "something went wrong, try again" type message. It generates an error code but the search...
  9. Wrong Gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong Gamertag: HI GUYS, while i was changing my gamertag, i had an error to write it. I would like to change it without spending money. I heard that you can be reported as offensive gamertag to change it free,...
  10. Wrong gamertag shows up on Microsoft.com

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wrong gamertag shows up on Microsoft.com: Why does FlimsyPoem69 show up on Microsoft when my gamertag is Zombiethrash? 6a9038fd-2cbb-446a-9116-33b07ccaac0c