the xbox app is able to detect games from a different drive

Discus and support the xbox app is able to detect games from a different drive in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Hello, I was wondering if the xbox app is able to detect games from a different drive. I download all my games on a portable drive and i wanted to play... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/UntestedFitter, Jan 6, 2022.

1. the xbox app is able to detect games from a different drive

Hello, I was wondering if the xbox app is able to detect games from a different drive. I download all my games on a portable drive and i wanted to play the games on my laptop. But when i connected that drive to the laptop the games were not detected.

submitted by /u/UntestedFitter
    [link] [comments]

/u/UntestedFitter, Jan 6, 2022
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

Hard Disk

Hi,

Plug your drive into a PC/Laptop. The drive won't be detected straight away - this is normal, the drive is formatted for a different Operating System. In the Windows Search bar type
    Disk Management.

From here you should be able for format your drive. The drive needs to be formatted to NTFS for use on a PC and for media playback on the Xbox One.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

xbox one not recognising my hard drive

Hi there agentdutywars17,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with the Xbox console detecting the external hard drive. I recommend to try the following:

• Troubleshoot external storage detection on Xbox One
    • Try a different port on the Xbox console
    • Try using another cable that connects from your external hard drive to your Xbox console
    • Try a different external hard drive to help isolate the issue between the Xbox or the hard drive

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  4. Internet Expert Win User

Xbox ONE- External Drive Problems

If the drive is emitting a repetitive pattern of clicking noises, that is usually a symptom of a dead HDD..

I'd try to see if it's at least able to be detected and reformatted on a Windows PC. If it is able to be detected, reformat it as NTFS (this erases the drive) and set it up again on the Xbox. If it still can't be detected and continues to make repetitive
    clicking noises, the drive may have died.

If it's dead, I'd try checking in with any manufacturer's warranty or return policy from the store it was bought from.
  5. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

XBOX One S Suddenly Not Detecting ANY external drives

I reformatted it on my pc and then when put into the console it was detected before dissappearing again.
    When console detected the drive did it reformat the drive for Games and Apps?
  6. XBF George L Win User

Xbox One Media Player Not Showing Subtitles When Enabled

Hello!

Thanks for reaching out to us here on the forums with this situation. I understand you're having trouble playing subtitles from a MKV file that you have loaded from external storage to your Xbox Console is that correct? The compatibility of the file would
    need to be checked from its source. The Xbox One Media Player App may require a different File type for the subtitles to be detected. If you could try different formats you might be able to find the correct one to display from the App.
Thema:

the xbox app is able to detect games from a different drive

1. the xbox app is able to detect games from a different drive - Similar Threads - app able detect

2. Not able to verify files for forza horizon 5 XBOX APP PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Not able to verify files for forza horizon 5 XBOX APP PC: Me and my friend own FH5 on Microsoft Store.... My friend downloaded FH5 from XBOX APP and I took the game from him as i cant download the whole game... but i am not able to verify the files on my...
  3. Minecraft Xbox One Edition - "We are not able to save more data for this game or app" Error

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft Xbox One Edition - "We are not able to save more data for this game or app" Error: I'm on Minecraft Xbox One Edition. Which is Console Edition. The one that is not getting updates anymore. I am unable to play the game. I have tried numerous times now to delete saves to make...
  4. No Longer Able to Launch Halo Infinite - Xbox App PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    No Longer Able to Launch Halo Infinite - Xbox App PC: I have been playing Halo Infinite since the multiplayer beta initially released through the Xbox App for PC. Today, when the campaign released I opened the game to download the campaign while I...
  5. I'm not able to install games using xbox app on my PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I'm not able to install games using xbox app on my PC: I bought recently the Xbox game pass to play a few games that I'm interested in but the XBOX App does not allow me to download games. I try a few games and just one of them was installed...
  6. I am not able to log into the xbox app on my pc.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I am not able to log into the xbox app on my pc.: I cannot sign into my xbox app. When i try to a black box pops up in the middle of my screen for half a second flashes a few times then disappears. Since i am not signed into the app i am not able...
  7. Looks like something went wrong we weren't able to install the app (0x80070005)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Looks like something went wrong we weren't able to install the app (0x80070005): all that shows up when installing the xbox app for pc dd0f1fd1-bef9-4d8f-b0dc-c2367f5d5aaa
  8. not able to change gamerpic on the xbox mobile app

in XBoX Accessibility
    not able to change gamerpic on the xbox mobile app: hello! i've been having a problem with uploading a custom gamerpic via the xbox mobile app. it lets me select a picture, crop it, and upload it, but it never changes on anything. i've waited a...
  9. No longer able to sign into any Xbox app or game bar since changing alias email

in XBoX Accessibility
    No longer able to sign into any Xbox app or game bar since changing alias email: I've been expieriencing this problem for over a week now and everything I have tried has failed to work. I have tried reinstalling the xbox apps via powershell AND the MS website, I have tried...
  10. not able to launch apps or games on the xbox app on pc ''windows 11''

in XBoX Games and Apps
    not able to launch apps or games on the xbox app on pc ''windows 11'': when I try and launch a game or app on the xbox app it gives ne the error ''Your trial period for this app has expired. Visit the Store to purchase the full app.'' even though I paid for the...