The Xbox app on PC does not recognise that I own Forza, but the website and MS Store does.

Discus and support The Xbox app on PC does not recognise that I own Forza, but the website and MS Store does. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As per the title, both the website and MS Store app tell me I can install the game, but when I go to the xbox app I cannot install it. Clicking "Buy"... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by AdamSaw, Nov 23, 2021.

1. AdamSaw
    AdamSaw Guest

The Xbox app on PC does not recognise that I own Forza, but the website and MS Store does.

As per the title, both the website and MS Store app tell me I can install the game, but when I go to the xbox app I cannot install it. Clicking "Buy" then tells me I already own it.

Rather frustrating. I've reinstalled the Xbox app to no success.

:)

AdamSaw, Nov 23, 2021
  2. Jesse E' Win User

Hello, My name is Jesse. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

Try to install it via the Microsoft store instead.

Hope this helps.
  3. Buachaill Dona Win User

Games doesn't launch with xbox game pass for PC

Hi there,

The only thing I could suggest is to see if installing the games from the MS store website or MS store app instead of the Xbox Beta app. As the Gamepass PC app is still in beta and that might be the issue.
  4. Chunky Sama Win User

Xbox app dvr upload

Fortnite Battle Royale is a free to play game. I downloaded it from the Epic Games website and it is not from the MS store.

Sadly, I do not own any pc games in the MS Store, only from steam.

But Fortnite is also available on xbox, so why can the app not realise what game it is?
  5. EnemyLloyd Win User

Xbox Accessories app won't recognise my new Xbox Elite 2 controller

Yes. The issue seems to be the PC version of the Xbox Accessories app does not recognise my controller's most up-to-date firmware.
  6. cully228 Win User

Forza Horizon 4 Ultimate Addition Not Showing up on pc

Hey Ctrl Plays Game,

If you're having difficulty finding it from just opening the Microsoft store on your PC, try opening the 'Xbox Companion App' from there go to the Microsoft Store, Search for 'Forza Horizon 4' the ultimate edition should pop up, Click on it and your Microsoft
    Store app should open up on your PC automatically after clicking the game, This should give you the option to install it. If not make sure your Windows 10 PC is fully up to date as this might cause an issue with the store not recognising you own the game.

I hope this helped you out some way!
Thema:

1. The Xbox app on PC does not recognise that I own Forza, but the website and MS Store does. - Similar Threads - app does recognise

2. Film and TV app on Xbox One does not work

in XBoX on Windows
    Film and TV app on Xbox One does not work: The Film and TV app on XBox One does not work. it just flashes on and off and wont load. I can't even use the controller to turn it off, requiring me to turn off the xbox at the console. I've...
  3. Why does the Xbox app dismiss the community?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why does the Xbox app dismiss the community?: Activity feeds, clubs, LFGs, the social pillars of Xbox—gone since fall 2020 with the new app. Xbox risks following PlayStation’s path of driving the community into silence until they bring these...
  4. XBOX APP ON PC DOES NOT WORK

in XBoX Games and Apps
    XBOX APP ON PC DOES NOT WORK: So the xbox app on pc has not worked for me for over a year, i have game pass ult and this always bothered me but it wasnt a super big deal since i could use the microsoft store to download games...
  5. QUESTION: Xbox app does not work anymore on Win 10- can not play cloud games

in XboX Insiders
    QUESTION: Xbox app does not work anymore on Win 10- can not play cloud games: My Xbox App just doesn't work. In the cloud game menu top row never loads and I can not play ANY Cloud Game using the Xbox app. I have got Ultimate. My download speed is 497.58 Mbps / Up 51.31...
  6. Xbox App does not allow me to install a game into a different location then the boot disk

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App does not allow me to install a game into a different location then the boot disk: Hi There, I have just upgraded my Windows from 10 to 11. After this upgrade I cannot install a game into my 4TB disk instead of 240GB boot disk. When I click to install button for a game, a...
  7. Xbox App windows 11 sign in button does nothing

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox App windows 11 sign in button does nothing: Hi, I have tried even XBOX Companion app and there it was signed in but still not fixing the issue of XBOX app sign in button not working. Any suggestion to fixx it please. Thank you...
  8. Installing games on the Xbox app does not work.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Installing games on the Xbox app does not work.: For full disclosure: - I've reinstalled Windows 10. - Tried PowerShell fixes 3x. - Reinstalled the Xbox + Gaming Services respectively. - Tried repairing + resetting all apps. I uninstalled...
  9. Why does the Xbox app redownload the whole game when doing an update?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why does the Xbox app redownload the whole game when doing an update?: Exactly as the title says. Any game that requires an update needs the whole game redownloading. It's done it with FH5, Age of Empires, TheHunter, Minecraft even. It's such a rubbish system and is...
  10. Game Pass subscription purchased but Xbox PC app says account does not exist

in XBoX Accessibility
    Game Pass subscription purchased but Xbox PC app says account does not exist: Hello, I recently bought Xbox gamepass for PC but I can't seem to log into the Xbox Gamepass app. Is there usually a delay in account activation? I have checked that the subscription shows up...