The Xbox app won’t allow me to join parties that I don’t have friends added

Discus and support The Xbox app won’t allow me to join parties that I don’t have friends added in XBoX on Mobile to solve the problem; as my headset broke i have gone to the xbox mobile app and there is 1 big issue when i try to join a party with someone i dont have added i get a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Mobile' started by Dragon6725, May 19, 2020.

1. Dragon6725
    Dragon6725 Guest

as my headset broke i have gone to the xbox mobile app and there is 1 big issue when i try to join a party with someone i dont have added i get a prompt that states i need to update my app to use the latest version of parties
    when i went to update it there was no update so i uninstalled to see it still says the same thing

:)

Dragon6725, May 19, 2020
  2. SpotlessMind �� Win User

Hi fellow gamer, ive had the same problem a few times before. Im not quite sure why that happens though. Try adding those people as friends. If that doesnt work please let me know. <33

thank you, Kuri0usK
  3. ElleReneeToday Win User

Can join Party, but not game?

Hi!

Check the
    multiplayer connection
    settings on your console.

Also, check that "Join multiplayer games" is set to "Allow" (in the
    security
    and privacy settings).
    All my setting are set to allow and everybody.

I can join their party but cannot join game when they are playing.

They can send me invites to party and game but I don’t receive them.

I can invite friends to party’s or game

and it works, it just seems that I don’t recieve party or game invites, nor am I able to join game.

Strange??!? Sigh 😞
  4. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

"this person hasn't played any games xbox" - but yet they have. and we are friends

Hey there, Ace SG1

Try viewing the content through Xbox.com and see if that plays the content your trying to watch.

On the Xbox One console, click onto her gamertag and see if it says your a friend from her profile page (Not on the friends list). I have found, and reported, that sometimes the Xbox console will not list her as she has added you as a friend on her profile
    page and have "friends 147" instead of "friends you+146".

If this is the case, get her to remove you, and re add you again. Once she has re added you, and you have got a notification telling you she has added you, then try and view the content again. Then, it should work.

I am only going off what I have found by myself on Xbox. I once had a problem joining a friends party, to notice when I looked on their profile page, I wasn't listed as a friend. However, looking at the friends list, I found I was added as a friend by the
    gamer. But, because it did not say "friends You+137" it would not count me as a friend, and would not allow me to join their party.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
  5. BaconSquadAlpha Win User

Added two security proofs, still cannot join peoples games/party

I can connect to Xbox live. I can see all my friends online, it just won't allow me to join their games or parties.
  6. IsaGirl72 Win User

Looking to play minecraft with others

Can you tell me how to play in other people's worlds on Xbox one? I tried adding my friend to the party but unable to join in game.

Thank you!
Thema:

1. The Xbox app won’t allow me to join parties that I don’t have friends added - Similar Threads - app won’t allow

2. Xbox Game Pass PC beta app won’t sign in

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Game Pass PC beta app won’t sign in: Title, I’ve tried everything under the sun that I can think of. Signing in, uninstalling and reinstalling then trying to sign in, using the sign in with other account button. I got nothing left to...
  3. Xbox app won’t change my profile picture

in XBoX on Mobile
    Xbox app won’t change my profile picture: I can’t change my profile picture it Keeps saying “sorry we can’t upload this picture right now. Try again in a little while.” Ive Been trying to change my picture for two weeks, the picture...
  4. Game Won’t Download/Apps and Games won’t open

in XBoX on Consoles
    Game Won’t Download/Apps and Games won’t open: I recently purchased a game on Xbox Store and let it download. It seemed to be doing good, but about halfway through it stopped downloading. I restarted my Xbox, even left it unplugged for a while...
  5. Xbox app won’t let me edit custom pic / for a few weeks now.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app won’t let me edit custom pic / for a few weeks now.: [IMG] submitted by /u/EsMi6od [link] [comments]
  6. Help! Xbox says I’m connected to internet but won’t let me play games on WiFi. But apps...

in XboX Insiders
    Help! Xbox says I’m connected to internet but won’t let me play games on WiFi. But apps...: [IMG] submitted by /u/SerBrendanhouseSaint [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox apps are all grayed out and won’t open

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox apps are all grayed out and won’t open: [img] ive tried resetting countless times and it still does not work, someone please help. 3b9d99a0-7187-4d22-b538-d05576ce0631
  8. My xbox accessories app won’t launch, i’ve tried all the troubleshooting with xbox support...

in XboX Insiders
    My xbox accessories app won’t launch, i’ve tried all the troubleshooting with xbox support...: submitted by /u/ggiwasbubonicplague [link] [comments]
  9. Films app won’t play my rented movie

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Films app won’t play my rented movie: Films app won’t play the movie I’ve just rented 0332628b-7217-4594-b5fe-de60a430965a
  10. Games and Apps won’t select on Xbox dashboard.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Games and Apps won’t select on Xbox dashboard.: Why does my “A” button not work on the Xbox dashboard? It flashes and makes the noise but won’t select the game or app. It’s the same for multiple controllers and the A button works fine in...