The Xbox audio keeps cracking and cutting out when wearing headphones

Discus and support The Xbox audio keeps cracking and cutting out when wearing headphones in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; When I wear headphones connected to my Xbox controller, the sound keeps cracking and cutting out for about 3-7 seconds at a time. Sometimes the issue... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Owen_29, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Owen_29
    Owen_29 Guest

When I wear headphones connected to my Xbox controller, the sound keeps cracking and cutting out for about 3-7 seconds at a time. Sometimes the issue stops for a while and the sound goes back to normal but it always come back. It all started around the
    time when we got a new router for our internet so I dont know if that is the problem. The audio that goes through the tv doesnt have these problems. I have tried switching out headphones and controllers but the problem still exists so im guessing its a problem
    with the actual xbox itself. Anyways I have tried many things and so far nothing is working. The sound has been broken for a few weeks now. If you have any ideas or tips for me it would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

:)

Owen_29, Jun 27, 2019
  2. ITILIANM0NST0R Win User

How about cleaning the jack with an alchohol pad , they tend to get dirty and can cause issues where they dont connect right
  3. Owen_29 Win User

I turned off the extender and the audio improved greatly. I could still hear a few cracks, but they were very minimal and silent. I turned the extender back on and immediately after it started up the audio starting cracking and cutting out like it was
    earlier so I’m guessing the extender has something to do with it.
  4. Gimpy_P Win User

Cam you move the extender or the Xbox away from each other?

Does the other controller you tested also dc periodically?
  5. Owen_29 Win User

I have no idea why the sound isn’t working. I’m not using an adapter. All I know is that it all started happening after I got a new router. I don’t know how the wifi would effect the sound though. I have also tried connecting my Xbox onto a different wifi
    and the problem still occurred. I’m really confused on what’s happening.
  6. Owen_29 Win User

I will try moving my extender away from the Xbox. The other two controllers I tested did also disconnect at random as well. I also wonder if I can change which channels my router or Xbox run through so the signals can’t interfere or something like that.
Thema:

1. The Xbox audio keeps cracking and cutting out when wearing headphones - Similar Threads - audio keeps cracking

2. Microsoft Edge on Xbox One keeps playing Youtube video audio

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Microsoft Edge on Xbox One keeps playing Youtube video audio: Whenever I open Microsoft Edge on my Xbox One, audio from a Youtube video I watched on Microsoft Edge will start playing at a random time even if there are no tabs with Youtube open. It's been...
  3. Game keeps freezing after a constant repetitive audio glitch.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Game keeps freezing after a constant repetitive audio glitch.: For some reason my dark souls file keeps freezing when i reach anor londo and sleep at the bonfire. This happens to every character I make and reaches that point in the game. This current...
  4. Audio keeps cutting off while I am downloading anything, be it games, apps, or updates.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio keeps cutting off while I am downloading anything, be it games, apps, or updates.: I do not know if I will be in the right section of the forums. If I am not, please let me know that way I can post this in the right area. So I do not know what I can do to try and fix this, but...
  5. Blu-Ray player/app keeps stuttering every 15 seconds then tries to catch up to the audio.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Blu-Ray player/app keeps stuttering every 15 seconds then tries to catch up to the audio.: I did the new update. I watch Blu-ray movies almost nightly and this issue has never happened. Ever since the update yesterday, I tried watching Wonder Woman and I noticed that every minute or so,...
  6. Xbox audio keeps messing up

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox audio keeps messing up: my game audio keeps messing up. Every time I play it cuts off every couple of seconds. I can only hear buts and pieces. It cannot be my headset because I have had the same problem with 3 different...
  7. Audio settings keep resetting

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio settings keep resetting: I have a new Xbox One S with HDMI out to my Vizio M70-C3. I have HDMI out (ARC) from my TV to my Vizio sound bar. Every time I turn off and then turn on my Xbox the audio output goes from...
  8. Audio Through The Controller Keeps Stopping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Audio Through The Controller Keeps Stopping: I got an Xbox one for Christmas this year and apart from a few set up problems, it has been great but recently when using my headset the audio keeps breaking up as if the headset is getting...
  9. Picture keeps blinking, audio is uninterrupted

in XBoX on Consoles
    Picture keeps blinking, audio is uninterrupted: I originally posted this in the 360 support section yesterday, but I have yet to get a response. So, I'm reposting it here, because I am stumped. Last night, while watching Netflix, the picture...
  10. Won't autodetect and keeps auto cycling TV... bad video and audio.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Won't autodetect and keeps auto cycling TV... bad video and audio.: My Xbox One keeps cycling the TV (A Samsung that's about six years old). It worked perfectly when I first bought the Xbox One. After the first firmware update to the Xbox, it had trouble...