The Xbox button on my controller takes me back to the Android home screen.

Discus and support The Xbox button on my controller takes me back to the Android home screen. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; We here at Team Xbox have heard you, and we understand that since the launch of Xbox Game Streaming the Xbox button does not do what all Xbox users... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/XB1R_Hypnos, Nov 14, 2019.

1. The Xbox button on my controller takes me back to the Android home screen.

We here at Team Xbox have heard you, and we understand that since the launch of Xbox Game Streaming the Xbox button does not do what all Xbox users have grown to expect. Right now, pressing the Xbox button on your controller will return you to your phone’s home screen. With a simple firmware update, the Xbox button will now pull up the Xbox guide so you can invite your friends to a party, view your achievements, and more. The on-screen Xbox button will still be there for controllers that don’t have an Xbox button equivalent, but now the Xbox controller will work the way it was designed.

In order to get the latest Firmware update for your controller on your Xbox One, you will first need to ensure you are on release OS Version 10.0.18363.8118 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1911.191111-1430). To validate your console OS version and instructions on how to get the update if you are not, please visit: Updating your Xbox One console

Once your Xbox One is ready, follow the steps here: Update your Xbox Wireless Controller to update your controller’s firmware.

Please note:

• Update available through your Xbox now.
    • Update available through your PC coming soon.
    submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos
    [link] [comments]

/u/XB1R_Hypnos, Nov 14, 2019
  2. BothJennyTalia Win User

Split screen

Doesn't work for me either, pressing the 'start' button on controller 2 takes me back to the main screen?
  3. deadspeak Win User

Invite to preview XBOX one updates

try this, go back to home screen quit the app via options button on controller, then relaunch it will then work (did for me anyway)
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

How do I get to the home screen after playing a game?

Hello Happy,

thanks for coming to the forums with your question. You can hit the Xbox button also called guide button on the controller. Will bring up a menu on left side, home will be highlighted. You can hit the A button on home to take you to the home screen, or you
    can go down to the game you playing hit the start button one with 3 lines, go down to quit. This will take you to the home screen also.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. juquan77 Win User

stuck with the controller image on the screen

That didn't work for me the home button on the screen is flashing but the controller is sync
  6. Crazy Ric Win User

Split screen

go into free play mode.

with second controller press the white xbox button and it will go to go home screen. go to your avatar at the top and sign in a quest or another player with the controller.

go back to the forza screen and it will ask to connect the second controller and that should do it.

Hope my rambling makes sense
Thema:

The Xbox button on my controller takes me back to the Android home screen.

1. The Xbox button on my controller takes me back to the Android home screen. - Similar Threads - button controller takes

2. Xbox controller buttons

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller buttons: Ok theres this one weird thing the Xbox one does I'm not sure if this is how the console functions but when I select a game app or option and pressing and holding the action A. Button when...
  3. Shut off controller option when holding down the Xbox button would be useful.

in XboX Insiders
    Shut off controller option when holding down the Xbox button would be useful.: submitted by /u/PapaSmooke [link] [comments]
  4. xCloud button mapping/controller issues

in XboX Insiders
    xCloud button mapping/controller issues: Hi all, not sure if this was posted anywhere before... Any game I enter (I tried Forza, Killer Instinct, Sea of Thieves, and Halo 5) almost all the button inputs except for the left stick either...
  5. Controller unresponsive apart from Home Button

in XboX Insiders
    Controller unresponsive apart from Home Button: I had a quick browse and couldn’t see anything related but will apologise if this is a duplicate post. Occasionally with the Alpha Skip Ahead, when I boot my Xbox up the controller will be...
  6. Only my nexus / home button registers on controller

in XboX Insiders
    Only my nexus / home button registers on controller: Turned on my Xbox, got a prolonged black screen but it came on eventually only to find my controller unresponsive. Pressed nexus button to open guide, and seemed ok, but still unable to do...
  7. Save button on xbox controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    Save button on xbox controller: My son was using my xbox playing one of the kids games on game pass. When he was finished he thought he had saved his game but it turns out he hadn't and lost his game. Would be useful to have a...
  8. xCloud - Some buttons on my controller work, most don't.

in XboX Insiders
    xCloud - Some buttons on my controller work, most don't.: My Project Scorpio edition Bluetooth controller only registers the A, B, L3, and R3 buttons once I've launched a game. The firmware is up to date and it works fine on my Xbox One X. I've tried...
  9. How to clean sticky buttons on an xb1 controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to clean sticky buttons on an xb1 controller?: I spilled a drink right next to my xb1 controller a few days ago, and apparently some of it got inside, and now my triggers and B button stick badly. This makes it pretty difficult to play certain...
  10. xbox one controller - A-button does not work correctly

in XBoX on Windows
    xbox one controller - A-button does not work correctly: Hi, I have a Problem with my new xbox one Controller. The a-button does not work consistently. When I push it in a certain angle with my base of the thumb, there is no input. So gaming is based...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one 10.0.18363.8118