The Xbox button on my controller takes me back to the Android home screen.

Discus and support The Xbox button on my controller takes me back to the Android home screen. in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; We here at Team Xbox have heard you, and we understand that since the launch of Xbox Game Streaming the Xbox button does not do what all Xbox users... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/XB1R_Hypnos, Nov 14, 2019.

1. The Xbox button on my controller takes me back to the Android home screen.

We here at Team Xbox have heard you, and we understand that since the launch of Xbox Game Streaming the Xbox button does not do what all Xbox users have grown to expect. Right now, pressing the Xbox button on your controller will return you to your phone’s home screen. With a simple firmware update, the Xbox button will now pull up the Xbox guide so you can invite your friends to a party, view your achievements, and more. The on-screen Xbox button will still be there for controllers that don’t have an Xbox button equivalent, but now the Xbox controller will work the way it was designed.

In order to get the latest Firmware update for your controller on your Xbox One, you will first need to ensure you are on release OS Version 10.0.18363.8118 (19h1_release_xbox_dev_1911.191111-1430). To validate your console OS version and instructions on how to get the update if you are not, please visit: Updating your Xbox One console

Once your Xbox One is ready, follow the steps here: Update your Xbox Wireless Controller to update your controller’s firmware.

Please note:

• Update available through your Xbox now.
    • Update available through your PC coming soon.
    submitted by /u/XB1R_Hypnos
    [link] [comments]

/u/XB1R_Hypnos, Nov 14, 2019
  2. SpiralOut46and2 Win User

Xbox One Screen is Blank

I've had this happen myself. Do you have any luck if you press the white Home button on the controller? Does it bring up the menu on the left of the screen? For me, when I pressed Home in this menu, then it refreshed the Xbox and the screen would load
    back to my Home screen on the TV.
  3. BothJennyTalia Win User

Split screen

Doesn't work for me either, pressing the 'start' button on controller 2 takes me back to the main screen?
  4. deadspeak Win User

Invite to preview XBOX one updates

try this, go back to home screen quit the app via options button on controller, then relaunch it will then work (did for me anyway)
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

How do I get to the home screen after playing a game?

Hello Happy,

thanks for coming to the forums with your question. You can hit the Xbox button also called guide button on the controller. Will bring up a menu on left side, home will be highlighted. You can hit the A button on home to take you to the home screen, or you
    can go down to the game you playing hit the start button one with 3 lines, go down to quit. This will take you to the home screen also.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. juquan77 Win User

stuck with the controller image on the screen

That didn't work for me the home button on the screen is flashing but the controller is sync
Thema:

The Xbox button on my controller takes me back to the Android home screen.

1. The Xbox button on my controller takes me back to the Android home screen. - Similar Threads - button controller takes

2. Elite Series 2 controller A button infrequent registering

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller A button infrequent registering: Hi, straight out of the box and the A button is not registering every 30 or so presses. You can see it happen in Test Mode. Is there any fix for this or should return the controller? It's...
  3. Xbox controller button is loose

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox controller button is loose: I have a controller with a loose A button, The controller I'm using is wired. If I turn the button towards the ground, it looks like a normal button. Anytime the A button is wiggled around, it is...
  4. Ordered a custom Cbox One X Controller: The Left Option Button Does Not Work. How to ask...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Ordered a custom Cbox One X Controller: The Left Option Button Does Not Work. How to ask...: Received my custom ordered xbox one x controller but the left option button isnt working. I did the whole troubleshoot thing, updated the software on the controller, but no fix. The controller is...
  5. Rb button problems with series 2 elite controller

in XBoX Accessibility
    Rb button problems with series 2 elite controller: I'had the controler for 3 months and the rb button doesnt work at all and ive checked with it multiple times but doesn't work at all and my warrenty has expired since june and i dont know what to...
  6. Xbox Controller Sync Button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Sync Button: My Xbox controller’s sync button doesnt work. every time i try and turn it on it starts syncing and idk how to fix it. 932d2359-1603-4442-867f-d5dc5273af36
  7. Xbox Elite 2 controller problem - A button

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite 2 controller problem - A button: Brand new Xbox Elite 2 controller has a problem with the A button. It doesn't always register as a button press. Have updated firmware. Does it in every game I've tried. This is the 3rd...
  8. There is no purchase button on the Xbox controller I want to buy

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    There is no purchase button on the Xbox controller I want to buy: I am wanting to purchase the Xbox wireless Armed Forces II Special Edition but whenever I go onto the store and try to purchase it, it just gives me the price. Could it be sold out? Any help would...
  9. Button on controller completely broken?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Button on controller completely broken?: Hi! I have a small issue with the A button on my Xbox controller. For everytime I'd press the A button, it'd stick a little. This went on to the point where today, it'd stay pressed down for a few...
  10. ‘Report a problem’ missing from menu when XBOX button held down on controller

in XboX Insiders
    ‘Report a problem’ missing from menu when XBOX button held down on controller: I am running the latest Alpha Skip Ahead build but I’ve just noticed the ‘Report a problem’ option is missing when I press and hold the X button on the controller. Any ideas how to get that back?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xbox one 10.0.18363.8118