The Xbox Game Bar degrades the quality of microphone recording.

Discus and support The Xbox Game Bar degrades the quality of microphone recording. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hey there, my microphone is Blue Yeti Nano. When I try to record a video, I notice that the final result of the recording quality from the microphone... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Warm Heart Husky, Nov 5, 2019.

1. The Xbox Game Bar degrades the quality of microphone recording.

Hey there, my microphone is Blue Yeti Nano. When I try to record a video, I notice that the final result of the recording quality from the microphone is noticeably worse. Is it fixable?

:)

Warm Heart Husky, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Hello did you try to make the Audio Adjustments in System Configuration? Try following these steps:

1- Open the Game Bar with WinLogo + G
    2- Click on Gear
    3- Go to Edit More Settings in Windows Settings (something Like this)
    4- Right Side Click On Catches
    5- Locate and reconfigure Audio Quality For Microphone
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hey there Warm,

Thank you for letting us know about the issue and for marking the answer.
    We'll be locking the thread. If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Hi Mbathula,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks,

Brad
  5. mbathula Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks Brad. I went to the Companion app and it redirects me to the Windows 10 settings that you outlined above. Based on this, looks like the microphone has to be connected to the PC to record my own voice. Is there a way I can request this as a feature?
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

Games and microphone reccording problem

Hi Iman976,

Since this is happening with games bought and used from different platforms, there may be a PC setting that is causing this to happen. There's a possible setting where you have to turn on the microphone to record voice in your videos.

Go ahead and follow this guide to set up your headset microphone or any other microphone you use:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4027981/windows-10-how-to-set-up-and-test-microphones

On the Game bar, go ahead and toggle the microphone mute button on and off when recording a video to test it out.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/social/record-game-clips-game-bar-windows-10

Let us know if that helps!
Thema:

1. The Xbox Game Bar degrades the quality of microphone recording. - Similar Threads - Game Bar degrades

2. [PC][SoD2] Xbox Game Bar - Accepting invite from friend to Game does nothing

in XBoX Games and Apps
    [PC][SoD2] Xbox Game Bar - Accepting invite from friend to Game does nothing: Seen when playing State of Decay 2. Xbox Friend invited me to his game, and we were both in a party together (of which he had invited me, and I accepted through Game Bar). I select the...
  3. Xbox Game Bar, error first start-up

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar, error first start-up: Hello, I bought a pc gamer a few days ago. Wanting to open the XBOX GAME BAR to join my friends in a game, 2 error messages appear. By clicking OK on both errors, the app is still functional but...
  4. Can you restart Game Bar?

in XboX Insiders
    Can you restart Game Bar?: Game Bar always gives me issues, mainly the volume control doing nothing. (I try to lower the volume on my game to better hear my friends on Discord but the slider and mute buttons will sometimes...
  5. My microphone on Game Bar keeps turning itself off.

in XBoX on Windows
    My microphone on Game Bar keeps turning itself off.: Particularly, the "turn mic on by default when I record" option in the settings keeps turning itself off when I go into a game. Essentially making the option useless because I still have to...
  6. Why o Why do all FPS games bar the L4D franchise not have a pivot (spin 180) function ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why o Why do all FPS games bar the L4D franchise not have a pivot (spin 180) function ?: Hey Gamers ! Anyone else every been baffled why only L4D(2) had a pivot option ? A pal of mine who played through all of the L4D franch with me asked a simple question (someone who isn't a...
  7. "Xbox Game Bar" badly records a microphone

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "Xbox Game Bar" badly records a microphone: Good afternoon, I ran into a problem in the “Xbox Game Bar.” During any recording, the sound from the microphone is of terrible quality. The recording is from a good microphone and in other...
  8. Turning off window bar and start bar in games bought from the windows store on PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Turning off window bar and start bar in games bought from the windows store on PC: I have a PC and everything I start a game, I can hover the mouse to the top edge or the bottom edge, and this will bring the bars up. How do I turn off that future. it is really un-immersive when...
  9. [PC] Xbox Game bar push to talk not working in background

in XBoX on Windows
    [PC] Xbox Game bar push to talk not working in background: Hi, I recently read this post: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/xbox-game-bar-pc-push-to-talk-not-working-in/4332cc52-e40f-438b-83c5-e0bd0403807c I have the same issue. My...
  10. The audio controller on game bar only shows the master volume and not the game or any other...

in XboX Insiders
    The audio controller on game bar only shows the master volume and not the game or any other...: [IMG] submitted by /u/MoralesProject [link] [comments]