“There was a problem with the update”. I can’t update my Series X (ASA)

Discus and support “There was a problem with the update”. I can’t update my Series X (ASA) in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I just woke up here 6 A.M. local time Arizona and fired up my Series X only to be greeted with a system update. The update downloads just fine but I... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/tr4nce26, Nov 14, 2020.

1. /u/tr4nce26
    /u/tr4nce26 Guest

I just woke up here 6 A.M. local time Arizona and fired up my Series X only to be greeted with a system update. The update downloads just fine but I get an error during the verifying process. My console is enrolled in Alpha Skip Ahead.

Source OS : 10.0.19041.5454 Target OS : 10.0.19041.5472 Error Code : 0x80070020 0x00000000 0x90110007

Any help would be great. I cannot sign in to Xbox live until I update.

submitted by /u/tr4nce26
    [link] [comments]

/u/tr4nce26, Nov 14, 2020
  2. ROBIN H 25 Win User

Pre download Xbox Series X games

Not really...

Xbox Series X games / upgrades / updates has to be installed onto the Series X internal or expansion card SSD,

You can have Xbox One games on your external hard drive that will get an Series X upgrade but the games will need to be transferred to the Series X and then the Series X upgrade will need to be downloaded onto the Series X SSD,

As an example...

I have Marvel Avengers on my external hard drive that will get the Series X upgrade and I will transfer the game over to the Series X SSD ready to download and update the game to the Series X version when available.
  3. JediMasterBolt1 Win User

Xbox one Console suddenly not seeing External drives, even brand new backup console.

Same it has to be a bug in the update I have a series x as well and my usb hdd works on every other device I have except for my series x now since the update
  4. JordanJames4 Win User

Xbox app won’t recognize my controller (iOS)

I have the same problem. Im guessing the app need and update to support the new series X controller
  5. Maetheos Win User

if you join the insider program what ring would you want to be in if your not in it

I think the Beta ring is pretty good. Updates aren't as frequent as with Alpha and ASA, less bugs, but still get to try features early.
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Optimized Games X|S

Hi,

Both Series X/S games and Xbox One games that been optimised (I'm British) for Series X/S must be installed on either the internal storage or the expansion card. They can not be run from a USB connected storage device. My optimised Series X/S Xbox One games
    were moved to my Expansion card during their update.
Thema:

1. “There was a problem with the update”. I can’t update my Series X (ASA) - Similar Threads - “There was problem

2. Minecraft problem!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft problem!: Hey peeps, I can't see friends that are connected on minecraft and I'm not getting invites either, I'm using windows 10... hulp? e6003bde-c014-4874-a519-ce2e1a262d2b
  3. problem with sound

in XBoX on Consoles
    problem with sound: i have problem with sound on pc i have xbox series controller when i connect headphone and connect the controller with cable i hear the sound from headphone but when i use the controller as...
  4. Problems with FIFA 22

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Problems with FIFA 22: I can't start the FIFA 22, I have dowloaded the game 3 times and I'm facing the same error 0x87e50007, I'm considering requesting a refund, is there any way I can fix this? Thank you in advance...
  5. Having strange controller problems

in XboX Insiders
    Having strange controller problems: Just to preface I’m not expert and I’m not very savvy when it comes to troubleshooting issues with my console and accessories. As of recently I’ve been having extremely frustrating problems with...
  6. Direct streaming problem alpha skip

in XboX Insiders
    Direct streaming problem alpha skip: There been issues with direct streaming with the skip alpha submitted by /u/christophermac161 [link] [comments]
  7. Xbox Game Pass for PC Update Problem

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Game Pass for PC Update Problem: Can anyone please explain to me why game updates on game pass for pc are so big? Forza Horizon 5: Game size: 110GB Latest update: 102GB Dead by daylight: Game size: 39.07GB Latest update:...
  8. Problems with elite 2

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problems with elite 2: I buy the elite 2 controller, after six months i start with multiple problems lb/RB doesnt works propertly, the Arrows has the same problem and after some chat discussions with the support i...
  9. Help display problems

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help display problems: What could be causing this?..... netflix app thru xbox x , but netflix is fine thru smart tv
  10. Firewall problem on Forza Horizon 5

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Firewall problem on Forza Horizon 5: Hello, i cant play forza horizon 5 online. First i fixed a problem that was blocking teredo from working at the xbox net. But now my Forza Horizon 5 dont show up on the firewall permissions, and...