There's something important about next gen that I don't understand, can you help me?

Discus and support There's something important about next gen that I don't understand, can you help me? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I want to fully understand what I'm getting because I've been confused for a couple months now about this, so please if you know, let me know as well -... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/10Fudges, Oct 26, 2020.

1. /u/10Fudges
    /u/10Fudges Guest

There's something important about next gen that I don't understand, can you help me?

I want to fully understand what I'm getting because I've been confused for a couple months now about this, so please if you know, let me know as well - thanks.

Things to know:
    - I have an Xbox One X
    - I have preordered an Xbox Series X
    - I have preordered games that utilise Smart Delivery and I own games with this feature too
    - I have games that are Optimised for Series X|S

Here's what I want to understand:
    Let us use Cyberpunk 2077 for an example. I have preordered Cyberpunk 2077 on my One X. There will not be a Series X Cyberpunk 2077 game yet. When eventually they have Cyberpunk 2077 for Series X, I will get that for free via Smart Delivery, because I already own the Xbox One game.

Is the Series X Cyberpunk 2077 game actually the Xbox One version but updated, or will it be truly a next-gen Xbox Series X game?

I have also preordered Assassin's Creed Valhalla which is Smart Delivery and it will be releasing day one. Even though I will have it on Xbox One, I will be playing it right away on my Series X only... is Valhalla on my Series X going to be the Xbox One game but updated, or is it two separate games? Will it be truly a next-gen game?

As I understand it, games such as Grounded that are Optimised for Series X|S, will be the Xbox One game on Series X, but just updated to look and play better while it still not being truly for the Series X. Is this correct?

Are Smart Delivery games going to be made for next gen games when the Series X version is released, or is it going to be the same Xbox One version essentially?

Are games Optimised for Series X|S updated for Series X but they remain Xbox One game?

Or are Smart Delivery and Optimised for Series X|S completely different where one is made for next gen and the other is simply an updated Xbox One game?

Thank you

submitted by /u/10Fudges
    [link] [comments]

/u/10Fudges, Oct 26, 2020
  2. brandiesel1 Win User

Should i upgrade?

If the HDMI is that important to you and you don't plan on getting the next gen console than I would upgrade especially if you trade the old one in towards it.
  3. x24hrs2livex Win User

Diablo 3 runs at 900P on Xbox One

The thing about next gen resolutions is they are better than last gen resolutions and thats all that should matter. I never once saw an article about resolution last gen so why is it so important now? Besides if these next gen consoles are 4K capable, we
    should start crying about games not being 4K.
  4. BAD 2020 Win User

Really Rockstar?

The Dukes is a Next gen only vehicle. You will never see it on 360. It's only available to imported characters from previous gen to next gen.
  5. Awakening Now Win User

Back on the fence

To me PS4 is just a faster PS3 but everything else looks last gen. XBox One is true next gen as far as I can tell. Whatever you decide, most important is find out for yourself, don't let anyone try to make up your mind for you.
  6. Nielo TM Win User

Where the heck is X3 (aka Xbox 3 and Xbox 720)?

You don't seem to understand.

No one said that are not willing to develop for next gen. In fact, most developers want to develop for the next gen. What they don't want to do is develop for this gen AND optimize it for current gen PC hardware. The difference between the two is vast.

When the next then consoles are launched, it'll be easier to scale-up and optimize the game for PC hardware (not to mention profitable)
Thema:

1. There's something important about next gen that I don't understand, can you help me? - Similar Threads - There's something important

2. Please help!!!!!!!! "Something went wrong"

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help!!!!!!!! "Something went wrong": *Please help* When I turn on my SERIES X (brand new) the screen shows "something went wrong" with a "system error E100" I have tried everything on the MICROSOFT troubleshoot instructions, but...
  3. something went wrong. check the instructions that came with your code

in XBoX Games and Apps
    something went wrong. check the instructions that came with your code: Hey i got a bit of a problem. Someone from other country sent me a digital game as a code and when i try to redeem it i got the message "something went wrong. check the instructions that came with...
  4. Purchasing something

in XBoX on Consoles
    Purchasing something: Every time i try to purchase a new xbox gamertag or try to pay for xbox live I get this. My account dont have a bill to pay nor is my account banned or suspended, and i have funds on my card. I...
  5. Something went wrong with your party. Try again later.

in XBoX on Windows
    Something went wrong with your party. Try again later.: Whenever I try and join my friends through invite or just joining their party and when I send them an invite I just get disconnected and the message. Something went wrong with your party. Try...
  6. Something went wrong...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Something went wrong...: Anyone seen this happen on their startup screen and then get the 0xc0350006 error when launching a game? [img] [img] 576fa8aa-0b55-4826-8c53-75f0cae8eca2
  7. Whenever I am in a party on my console I get kicked and it says “Something went wrong with...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I am in a party on my console I get kicked and it says “Something went wrong with...: Parties work on the xbox app but ive tried doing a soft factory reset, ive tried unplugging my console for a whole day, and ive tried looking on the forums for something that works. I cant get my...
  8. something went wrong

in XBoX on Consoles
    something went wrong: system error E200 0000005A 00000000 this come on after xbox logo i press the reset this xbox now if i tern series x it said preparing xbox it gets to 25 percent and the error code come back on...
  9. something went wrong when adding a child

in XBoX on Consoles
    something went wrong when adding a child: I have a new Xbox series s and I cannot play a 18+ game because i have a child account so we added a adult account but every time I want to add a child account to a family (when I am logged in...
  10. i have something important that i need answers about

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    i have something important that i need answers about: I bought a $50 xbox gift card and it didn't work because it wasn't activated somehow, however we have lost the receipt for the gift card and i am very sad because i don't think we will be able to...